Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

site posted:

an all-timer. hate to give a fascist props but i still love creel making GBS threads his pants in that last panel

Which one is the fascist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cassa posted:

Which one is the fascist?

The artist is a not so pretty good guy

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
God I loved that interaction. It's like he condensed The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck into one page for Puck.

Did any of that actually happen or is it all bluster? Or a low-key pitch for a Puck-centric comic?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nilbop posted:

God I loved that interaction. It's like he condensed The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck into one page for Puck.

Did any of that actually happen or is it all bluster? Or a low-key pitch for a Puck-centric comic?

He definitely conquered hell at one point.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's also funny if you just imagine Puck doing all that stuff in that absolutely godawful costume he ran around in when he was in Alpha Flight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Nilbop posted:

No

He didn't let the bulls live either

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nilbop posted:

It's basically what he did throughout a bunch of issues in Alpha Flight. Two of the villains it references are Dreamqueen (who I don't think has been seen in ages) and Master (who popped up in Jim Zub's Champions a while back).

Left out was Eugene was pals with Ernest Hemingway.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I want to share a completely badass intro from Touge Oni #18, in which our travelling saint and his two students wake an old, old god.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Goddammit, they've gone and called Ulyaoth. And I just finished my Xel'lotath run, too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Say "thank you".

Rude, for a saint.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

It's basically what he did throughout a bunch of issues in Alpha Flight. Two of the villains it references are Dreamqueen (who I don't think has been seen in ages) and Master (who popped up in Jim Zub's Champions a while back).

Left out was Eugene was pals with Ernest Hemingway.

The hell stuff, meanwhile was from a run in Wolverine, I believe. I think maybe Jason Aaron writing?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

StumblyWumbly posted:

The line: "In Spain I fought bulls and fascists, and I let the bulls live." Is an absolute work of art. I want that stitched on a throw pillow on my couch.

I want it on a bumper sticker, or perhaps vinyl applique for my car. I'd attribute the quote to Eugene Judd just to make people look up who that is.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Squidster posted:

I want to share a completely badass intro from Touge Oni #18, in which our travelling saint and his two students wake an old, old god.

My Ingenious Plan:

Step 1: Wake the sky

Step 2: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Another great little moment from Touge Oni #12. At the top of the highest mountain lives the great dragon Hitokoto-Nushi; if you can survive the deadly climb to the peak, she will grant you a a single wish. In this flashback, our saint is asked to name his wish. He's in love with her, but not foolish enough to ask her to love him.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Witch and the Beast

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

All-Rounder Meguru

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I read Meguru about the same time as Teppu (the latter of course having a lot stronger character work) but I did enjoy Meguru and wondered what became of it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Nilbop posted:

Wolverine 35-37 ( the first series) for Puck fighting bulls and nazis in the Spanish Civil War.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 25, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Randomly thought of this page from the post Secret Invasion Elektra mini because people were talking about Secret Invasion Mini on disney+

Not sure an the specific issue, probably the last one in the mini, but it's the Zeb Well written Dark Reign: Elektra mini.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Incomparable swag

Kill Six Billion Demons

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol straight up Sukeban/Banchou aesthetic

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 48

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward total triumph for Dr. Doom.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Doom does not choose the path to victory. Doom chooses such that all paths lead to A victory.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Dr. Doom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BlyYs_Tkno

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Doom rules.

Also, I'm glad the KSBD drip pages got posted. Allison is at full endgame protagonist and it's cool as hell, but this is the first time we've seen White Chain (as White Chain and not as part of the Voltron of Women) since March 2021, and she looks amaaaaazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Actually, I haven't been reading FF... has North done anything with Doom yet?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah there's a great story about doom in issue 7

site fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 9, 2023

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

yeah there's a great story about doom in issue 7

One that even put the above thesis to the test.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Doctor Strange #4

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Doctor Strange #4

Wong works for SHIELD now? And who is the person casting club in the back.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

MH Knights posted:

W.A.N.D.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

MH Knights posted:

WAND, Wizardry, Alchemy, and Necromancy Department. Formerly part of SHIELD, but IIRC it's independent now. The lady casting Club is Pandora Peters, the head of WAND, and she's using a baseball bat with "nails from the True Cross" hammered in. Even if the nails are fake, enough people believed to give them power against demons.

E: For further context, some demons are operating an illegal brimstone mining operation, using the ghosts of miners for labor. While Wong and Peters were scrapping with the demons, one of their colleagues was working with the miners.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 15, 2023

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Ahahaha that is way too cool :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Did he just punch that dude's heart out his back

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wong seldom lies.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

TwoPair posted:

Doctor Strange #4

When viewed from a phone, it looks like Wong is saying "I have been trained as pansexual"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: Not the funny panels thread :v:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MH Knights posted:

And who is the person casting club in the back.

Thats the head of the joint. Uhhh I forgot her name, she's new. The club is just a baseball bat with nails in it.

Nails from the True Cross. Even the fake ones.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

StumblyWumbly posted:

When viewed from a phone, it looks like Wong is saying "I have been trained as pansexual"

If it worked the way it does in Fallout that would give him bonus damage against all genders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm not gonna post it because it only dropped today, but fans of badass poo poo should be reading this week's Spy X Family.