Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Oh gently caress I am really stupid, you are suppose to fuse those cores that Talus's and giant block monsters and other stuff drop when you kill them aren't you

Yeah I was like 'what the gently caress is this some kind of mining drill?' and attached it to my shield. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never have my shields break... Until I fight a silver Lynel and burn through like 6 in a row. My fault for missing the backflip dodges but drat it's really like one hit even in 60+ shields

Oh gently caress I am really stupid, you are suppose to fuse those cores that Talus's and giant block monsters and other stuff drop when you kill them aren't you

Getting ready to overkill the boss is going to be such a blast. Picking up one of each legendary clan sword, fighting a rare boss to fuse it's poo poo, hitting up the special spots for faeries and truffles, making sure I got some baller defense turrets in AutoBuild memory. I'm sure you can beat whatever the final boss is with 3 hearts and a couple sticks like last game but still, I'm gonna make mince meat.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes they’re really loving good.

God dammit, I was wondering what was up with those, but I took a shower this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks

Also, was I the only one that stumbled into the Korok Forest by sheer accident? I was loving around the Depths, got really lost then saw what looked like the Temple mini-Purah or whatever was talking about. Found a spot that looked suspiciously like it was made for Ascend and then OH HEY GREAT DEKU TREE WHY ARE VOMITING PURPLE SMOKE EVERYWHERE

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 15, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Best part about them is if you do manage to defeat them then you’re going to have a BAD TIME

turns out the fun dude who comes to party can "nothing personal kid" teleport behind you sometimes. I was trying to cheese him out by shooting him with bomb arrows from a Lionel bow I found in a chest while standing on a ledge that the hands couldn't get to.

welp, I learned how to get good after that poo poo happened

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kirios posted:

BotW was my favorite game ever.

Until this came out. It's...so much better.

I was planning on playing all weekend, but didn’t get to really sink my teeth in till yesterday, when I played for like 8 hours. And

Same. It’s so good.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
https://streamable.com/ljmjsw

:darksouls: but for totk... (dunno how to embed) took me ages to get up there due to lack of building materials, had to use zonai poo poo in my inventory. When i did get up there it was a royal bow :eyepop: meaningful rewards finally!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

:darksouls: but for totk... (dunno how to embed) took me ages to get up there due to lack of building materials, had to use zonai poo poo in my inventory. When i did get up there it was a royal bow :eyepop: meaningful rewards finally!

Lol when you were low on stamina I was like, inventory! Inventory! Inventory!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Grei Skuring posted:

Game is excellent. Scratches the same itch games like Prey or Death Stranding do in its problem solving. It's more or less Little Big Planet/Garry's Mod mushed up with Elden Ring.

Speaking of rings: no ring on the shrines.

my problem with this is the economy, I dont remember Death Stranding has resource intensive when I just want to build a truck to move a kokoro seed around, … after 30 hours I want a upgrade that make items free

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tei posted:

my problem with this is the economy, I dont remember Death Stranding has resource intensive when I just want to build a truck to move a kokoro seed around, … after 30 hours I want a upgrade that make items free

Are you using the gumball machines? If you use 5 charges, then what you get out of them is always the same and there's always a shrine nearby to teleport to.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I need more batteries as my tiny game gear strength pack isn't lasting long enough to make my Werner von Braun jetpack monsters fun for more than a quarter second

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Are you using the gumball machines? If you use 5 charges, then what you get out of them is always the same and there's always a shrine nearby to teleport to.

It is not always the same because I've done 2 batches of 5 charges on a machine, first pull still had a ??? device on the list and second pull I got said device. Like each machine had a spread of what it can produce but it's not a fixed output.

The real question is if it's always an even split on the chance to pull a given device or if they have weighting.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

When you fell down I was totally expecting you to try Ascend out of frustration, and it working like a charm.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

External Organs posted:

Lol when you were low on stamina I was like, inventory! Inventory! Inventory!

Dont think i had any stam ones left, didnt cross my mind tho, thought there was no way i wouldnt make it lol

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Onean posted:

When you fell down I was totally expecting you to try Ascend out of frustration, and it working like a charm.

I keep forgetting thats a thing tbh, i think its too high? My brain doesnt consider thats its usable somehow

There is a talos behind me that was one shotting for ages until i figured out the activate range

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spanish Manlove posted:

I need more batteries as my tiny game gear strength pack isn't lasting long enough to make my Werner von Braun jetpack monsters fun for more than a quarter second

Mini bosses in the depths are good for at least 20% of a battery upgrade and Frox are extremely easy to kill.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Republicans posted:

Mini bosses in the depths are good for at least 20% of a battery upgrade and Frox are extremely easy to kill.

finding the ore is easy enough, but as far as I can tell you can only buy like 10 of the doo-hickeys at once and the whats-a-ma--calls-it needs 100

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

finding the ore is easy enough, but as far as I can tell you can only buy like 10 of the doo-hickeys at once and the whats-a-ma--calls-it needs 100

There are more shops in the depths where you can buy a lot more of them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there are more and better zonaite vendors underground

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Zore posted:

There are more shops in the depths where you can buy a lot more of them.

oh well poo poo, I really haven't explored the Depths as much as I thought I have then

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

It is not always the same because I've done 2 batches of 5 charges on a machine, first pull still had a ??? device on the list and second pull I got said device. Like each machine had a spread of what it can produce but it's not a fixed output.

The real question is if it's always an even split on the chance to pull a given device or if they have weighting.

I put in 5x big orbs and then like 40 or so little orbs at a gumball machine that had relatively few items, one of which was rocket. I didn't keep track of before and after stock(except rockets at 0), but by the time I had 60 rockets stored, I had 90s of the small light and other thing I didn't care about.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Met some egregiously horrible freaks in a cave. They weren’t difficult necessarily but they surprised the poo poo out of me

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I really appreciate the breadth of stuff to do and explore. The caves and wells and stuff are an awesome addition leaving aside the sky islands and other stuff.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Yeah, I’ve barely touched the sky islands. I need to head to Hateno for gizmos but I keep getting sidetracked.

Question about cherry blossoms:

What exactly are Sartori revealing? It’s obviously caves but are these caves special or something? I thought it might be clothing locations but the last one revealed didn’t appear to have anything. You can tell by the wooden poles with cloth sticking out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I keep forgetting thats a thing tbh, i think its too high? My brain doesnt consider thats its usable somehow

My brain doesn't either because Ascend goes against everything BOTW taught me about going upwards: You either Climb/Revali's Gale/Fire, my 35 year old gamer brain isn't wired to think "Yeah, just swim through the loving platform above you."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FooF posted:

Yeah, I’ve barely touched the sky islands. I need to head to Hateno for gizmos but I keep getting sidetracked.

What exactly are Sartori revealing? It’s obviously caves but are these caves special or something? I thought it might be clothing locations but the last one revealed didn’t appear to have anything. You can tell by the wooden poles with cloth sticking out.

just caves in general

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

FooF posted:

I think it's caves that have a bubblegem or whatever inside still, the stuff you give to Koltin

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also someone mentioned that caves with clothes inside have a banner somewhere at the entrance inside? Is that true?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I love the rocket shield.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Mr E posted:

Bomb arrows work pretty well on them but that won't be enough to kill them probably. I've come close to killing them but ran into issues after I thought I had them.

Ah yes. The *issue* with gloom spawn that happens after you think you’ve dealt with them. I’m familiar with the problem. Have yet to solve it myself, so I’m still running away from them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also someone mentioned that caves with clothes inside have a banner somewhere at the entrance inside? Is that true?

Yup.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ogmius815 posted:

Ah yes. The *issue* with gloom spawn that happens after you think you’ve dealt with them. I’m familiar with the problem. Have yet to solve it myself, so I’m still running away from them.

My solution was to get good. Parry, dodge, position, pretend you're playing dark souls.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, good to know, that confirms a bunch of caves I visited had nothing since they were blocked by rocks and such. Still haven't found the other parts of the climbing set which would be very useful... this game could really have used some quick-change of sets.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Spanish Manlove posted:

My solution was to get good. Parry, dodge, position, pretend you're playing dark souls.

But I’m bad at video games so I think I’ll probably be needing better weapons and armor.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just build a robot monstrosity next time they show up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
(minor ability spoiler)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My honest solution to a lot of problems have been bombs and arrows with a multi shot bow after shooting myself into the sky with a rocket shield

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Spanish Manlove posted:

My honest solution to a lot of problems have been bombs and arrows with a multi shot bow after shooting myself into the sky with a rocket shield

Saw a redneck truck with this same saying on a bumper sticker just the other day

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

found a giant stone circle in the depths with seemingly nothing on it, wonder what that's all about. it was big enough to stand out on the map screen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

External Organs posted:

Saw a redneck truck with this same saying on a bumper sticker just the other day

Gonna have link build a lifted truck out of gigantic wheels and put an "assault life" and "we don't call 911" sticker on it before rolling up to a lionel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Gonna have link build a lifted truck out of gigantic wheels and put an "assault life" and "we don't call 911" sticker on it before rolling up to a lionel

Punisher sticker but it's Groose