Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Simplex posted:

He won Formula 2 as well

In a very weak year. Just as bad if not worse than last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s a new week and it’s time to remind everybody that Christian Horner should be banned from public life

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Kirios posted:

I don't really get the hype for Iwasa. IMO Lawson is the top tier talent that should get the next AT seat. I've always been mega impressed with his pace.

Iwasa was probably the best rookie in F2 last year, and he generally had the better of Lawson, and has been solid so far this year excepting Baku.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
2005 Chinese Grand Prix is also a good race 2 watch

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

Super Formula is real loving good, Oyu is a gun and Lawson is going to take the seat of whichever Alpha Tauri driver Red Bull wants to eject next year. Their new car for this year is leading to very good action.

I still do not understand what happened at Nakajima last year to get Oyu ousted. He has had the measure of Yamamoto in recent years. For the best it seems.

Sasahara and Oyu generally get shafted for whatever reason, and it isn’t performance based.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Super Formula has put on the best racing I’ve seen this year.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

To be fair that's mostly because F3000 stopped existing when he was 8 years old.

Lmao.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also F3000 was awful in it’s final years, especially after 1999.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

I still do not understand what happened at Nakajima last year to get Oyu ousted. He has had the measure of Yamamoto in recent years. For the best it seems.

I do not pretend to understand Japanese racing politics, just know that Oyu is drat good and doing well in both Super GT and Super Formula.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I watched todays motoGP race and it was all killer no filler

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

I do not pretend to understand Japanese racing politics, just know that Oyu is drat good and doing well in both Super GT and Super Formula.

The Fujinami thing is really loving strange…

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
how do the super formula cars compare to f1 cars?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

They are in a tier between F2 and F1.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

are you disrespecting Bruno Junqueira and Björn Wirdheim?????

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

They look cooler imo

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sunk Dunk posted:

Nearly as fast (or as fast) through turns, slower in a straight line. They are the fastest open wheel cars on the planet outside of F1.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The racing is also much better.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Is there going to be more or less Senna stuff this year at Imola

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

Is there going to be more or less Senna stuff this year at Imola

idk I thought they cleaned all the Senna stuff off the track within a day or two of the crash

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I watched the highlights for the last 3 Emilia races and I am cautiously optimistic for this weeks race. Especially if it rains.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

They're actually a decent ladder step for F1 because they've got pretty strong aerodynamics, and unlike IndyCars the tubs aren't designed to take 240 mph oval crash hits.

Spec chassis, spec tires (Yokohama) and either the Toyota/Honda engines shared with their Super GT programs (same 2.0 liter turbo four). But they're a good little bit down on F1 cars of course - pole this season at Suzuka for Oyu was 1:35.7, while pole last year for F1 for Verstappen was 1:29.3.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

I think in 20 years F3000 produced something like 2 F1 race winners. And they both won once.

And worse, I think I they both drove for Eddie Jordan.

None of this was a good idea.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dudley posted:

I think in 20 years F3000 produced something like 2 F1 race winners. And they both won once.

And worse, I think I they both drove for Eddie Jordan.

None of this was a good idea.

F3000 produced plenty of race winners, its just that almost none of them were F3000 champions.

The 2 champions who went on to win A Race in F1 were Jean Alesi, who did race for Eddie Jordan in F3000, and Olivier Panis, who raced for DAMS.

And then there was a little guy named Juan Pablo Montoya

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ah yes, I had Herbert in my head as the other winner but yeah if the stat was champions that's different.

I don't know why I made that mistake since I saw Mark Webber race in F3000 live but hey.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i didnt know that f2 and f3 race on the same track on the same weekend sometimes. that's pretty cool. has anyone ever gone to all 3 races in a weekend?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm not sure how you'd avoid it.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sunk Dunk posted:

i didnt know that f2 and f3 race on the same track on the same weekend sometimes. that's pretty cool. has anyone ever gone to all 3 races in a weekend?

if you bought tickets for all 3-days you would catch F2 and F3 during that time. They run in the sessions between the F1 events (I want to say F3 is after FP3, and F2 is after F1's qualifying?)

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
oh nice that's pretty cool

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have Russell and Verstappen crash into each other like Russell and Bottas in 2021.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Any upgrades to expect for this week?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Witeldram posted:

Any upgrades to expect for this week?

Mercedes are apparently bringing floor, aero, and suspension upgrades.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MustardFacial posted:

if you bought tickets for all 3-days you would catch F2 and F3 during that time. They run in the sessions between the F1 events (I want to say F3 is after FP3, and F2 is after F1's qualifying?)

And usually both on Sunday morning.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bip Roberts posted:

I watched todays motoGP race and it was all killer no filler
I know nobody asked but FYI MotoGP has been this for the last two years at least. Incredible races. Lots of Italians on the podiums. An extremely good motorsport.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Shitshow posted:

Mercedes are apparently bringing floor, aero, and suspension upgrades.

I have it on good authority that Lewis can Get In There this weekend.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Might have to be an unlimited hydroplane race this weekend instead, the Emilia Romagna region might be underwater

https://twitter.com/maraneIlo/status/1658194163412656132

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

harperdc posted:

Might have to be an unlimited hydroplane race this weekend instead, the Emilia Romagna region might be underwater

https://twitter.com/maraneIlo/status/1658194163412656132

The tifosi have gone too far and made the entire region Red Weather.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That chart visually implies heat to me. But the actual hazard is rain?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think the hazard is being on the same track as a Ferrari

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

The river next to Imola. Not looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pit lane sail boat races again :allears: