Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

think some posters were just more burned out on genshin than they realized, or HSR represents a change of pace that suits them better at this point in time.

there's room for both kinds of game without making it a pissing match i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

100% isn't even 100% in that game, it's just some arbitrary pity number so you aren't compelled to find everything. Stop slacking.

Nah I don't want to get to that unhealthy point ever where it starts to feel like a games playing me rather than me playing it on my own time. It saying 100% and me knowing I've cleared out all the quests is plenty enough of a time sink as it is. There's some days where I just plain don't feel like running the resin table either and getting that 250 BP or whatever for example so I just don't. If I'm shooting for BP Level 50 that given patch there's plenty of leeway anyway where you can miss a whole bunch of daily stuff and still have plenty of time to get it capped before the patch ends. Hell there's probably something like an extra 20-25 levels worth of BP out there over what's necessary to hit the cap to work with considering I usually cap BP in that game with 12-14 days left in the cycle and 2-3 event related BP achievements worth between 1,250-2,500 BP or so that are not subject to the weekly cap.

Anyway, incidental thing, if Seele were in a Genshin banner she'd easily be that games best perform solo limited banner ever and second best performing banner ever period on China IOS. There's only 1 day left so it's basically impossible for her to do better than Hu Tao/Yelan from back in February, but it's still almost certainly going to break the 40 million mark since it literally ended it's second last day with 10K to go. That's again for China and the Apple IOS market alone which is the only thing with any sort of running estimate on it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

UHD posted:

think some posters were just more burned out on genshin than they realized, or HSR represents a change of pace that suits them better at this point in time.

there's room for both kinds of game without making it a pissing match i think.

It's pretty normal to compare games by the same company, and there's only room for so many forever games at a time, so getting into a new one is as good a reason as any to cut back on another. I don't think most of the comparisons with Genshin are meant to say Genshin's bad, just that it requires more effort to stay on top of it. I'm currently playing both (Genshin far more atm now that I've cleared my quest log in this game), but I think the number I'll be logging into every day is eventually going to settle down to 1 or 0. It was briefly 3 because of HI3, but that felt super excessive.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Don't think I'm going to make it to EL4 before the reset to get the upgraded Herta Points rewards next week, unfortunately. I'm at level 46 3530/5000, and I'll only get about 16,000 more XP this week, by my reckoning. The last couple of Fuel from the battle pass might just barely push me over. It'll be bloody close, I can tell you that for free.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Personally, I can only handle daily logins to 2 games at most, and only for a limited time before I get sick of it. 3 is just like "what am I doing with my life" stressful. And I'm basically stuck with Arknights for the foreseeable future so I need to aggressively cut something to play this game. (Not that I was playing Genshin beforehand anyway)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'll keep playing Honkai's story, because it remains my favorite cast/story of any of Mihoyo's game, and the good thing is nothing you do account progression wide matters for the story anyway since it's all via trial characters. I can happily drop that rat race since it's the longest daily grind with what feels like the least returns due to how everything in that games work. I'll have no problem keeping up with this and Genshin, unless the events for this game get insanely complicated or something.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

I'll keep playing Honkai's story, because it remains my favorite cast/story of any of Mihoyo's game, and the good thing is nothing you do account progression wide matters for the story anyway since it's all via trial characters. I can happily drop that rat race since it's the longest daily grind with what feels like the least returns due to how everything in that games work. I'll have no problem keeping up with this and Genshin, unless the events for this game get insanely complicated or something.
Every flagship event will be its own Potato Sack-esque ARG, with clues devilishly distributed throughout all their games, including Tears of Themis. If the community fails to solve the mystery within the three weeks the event is live, the ending to the event story will never be released, and deleted from their internal backups.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Every flagship event will be its own Potato Sack-esque ARG, with clues devilishly distributed throughout all their games, including Tears of Themis. If the community fails to solve the mystery within the three weeks the event is live, the ending to the event story will never be released, and deleted from their internal backups.

This will work because everyone like me who loves Honkai Impact turns into this the second something shares the same silhouette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Tried the shield path for shits and giggles....

that didn't go well

tried remembrance, that didn't work ether

Tried nihility, same fail state, even after upgrading hook as much as possible

game keeps telling me my Ability Tree in SU is low but, gently caress you game, I am not grinding your poo poo. I want to attack it once and beat it and forget it's there

Hunt devours 4-2 as long as you get up to 10 blessings by the end, and Doctor's Robe if you can get it. I go in with Sampo / Hook / wildcard / healer and rip through it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

This will work because everyone like me who loves Honkai Impact turns into this the second something shares the same silhouette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo
Pepe Silvia... Silvier... Silvier Wolf...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

cleared su5
but blocked in su6 cause oh immune/high resistant to ice elites.
even with anti- anti-ice blessings

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Pepe Silvia... Silvier... Silvier Wolf...

:hmmyes:

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

GateOfD posted:

cleared su5
but blocked in su6 cause oh immune/high resistant to ice elites.
even with anti- anti-ice blessings

Yeah, ice is a no-go for SU6. The boss is totally immune to freeze.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

delfin posted:

Hunt devours 4-2 as long as you get up to 10 blessings by the end, and Doctor's Robe if you can get it. I go in with Sampo / Hook / wildcard / healer and rip through it.

I went destruction with the last party and got to 50% phase 3 Svarog on 4-2 before imploding. I just couldn't dps hard enough

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UHD posted:

I think this is the case with me, though it's also influenced by there being a bunch of "normal" games that I want to play currently, so less time for gacha.

I already have a very strong roster in Genshin so there's less concern over new characters. I probably won't be interested until there's some powerful utility character released that fills a useful niche.

Kale posted:

3. Don't consider it all worthwhile content and thus aren't factoring it into their "stuff to do" and consider themselves out of said stuff to do.

It's probably this, since trying to scour areas for the few things you missed is no longer fun. It's fun to just freely explore, but searching every nook and cranny in areas you've already visited isn't that enjoyable.

That being said, there's plenty of content in that game; I still have a number of character quests + hangouts I haven't done. I agree that it's kind of weird that people are doing all that stuff and still feel like there isn't enough.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I went destruction with the last party and got to 50% phase 3 Svarog on 4-2 before imploding. I just couldn't dps hard enough

This is why Hunt works so well. Svarog's adds (or Corolia's in 6) are far less scary when you tap the Resonance trigger and they go away, and their death throes refill that meter.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Couldn’t beat su6 until all my characters and cones were 60 :negative:

What’s the suggested path for 3-2?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

padijun posted:

How about relics? That's probably the biggest thing influencing how strong your characters are (with the impact just becoming bigger as your base stats get higher from levels/LCs).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think this is the case with me, though it's also influenced by there being a bunch of "normal" games that I want to play currently, so less time for gacha.

I already have a very strong roster in Genshin so there's less concern over new characters. I probably won't be interested until there's some powerful utility character released that fills a useful niche.

It's probably this, since trying to scour areas for the few things you missed is no longer fun. It's fun to just freely explore, but searching every nook and cranny in areas you've already visited isn't that enjoyable.

That being said, there's plenty of content in that game; I still have a number of character quests + hangouts I haven't done. I agree that it's kind of weird that people are doing all that stuff and still feel like there isn't enough.

Without a guide some chests in Liyue and Mondstadt would have been more or less impossible for me to find since you have to have the prescience to dig some of them up with limited tells like Hilichurls or Treasure Hoarders lurking around them or the area just containing an unusual amount of shovels, and the Geo/Anemo Treasure Compass does not register a treasure chest that isn't actually spawned onto the map, which is what digging actually does internal coding wise. I actually got 100% exploration in Inazuma without having to use any sort of video guide because it seems like they stopped doing that poo poo there.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

Without a guide some chests in Liyue and Mondstadt would have been more or less impossible for me to find since you have to have the prescience to dig some of them up with limited tells like Hilichurls or Treasure Hoarders lurking around them or the area just containing an unusual amount of shovels, and the Geo/Anemo Treasure Compass does not register a treasure chest that isn't actually spawned onto the map, which is what digging actually does internal coding wise. I actually got 100% exploration in Inazuma without having to use any sort of video guide because it seems like they stopped doing that poo poo there.

They lowered the 100% threshold actually. So it's easier to get, and 100% is definitely not 100%. Honestly I'm fine with that, it tells me when I've hit a 'good enough' threshhold to not go insane scouring every inch of earth.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I can't tell if I'm spectacularly lucky or unlucky that all three 5* drops i've gotten have been Clara.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Guess it depends on if you like Clara! I try to keep my team a No-Children Zone, so the game gave me 2 Bronyas instead :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

delfin posted:

This is why Hunt works so well. Svarog's adds (or Corolia's in 6) are far less scary when you tap the Resonance trigger and they go away, and their death throes refill that meter.

Apparently the answer is to just bring Seele + Hunt even if the boss isn't weak to it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Not So Fast posted:

I can't tell if I'm spectacularly lucky or unlucky that all three 5* drops i've gotten have been Clara.

building tall is very viable. having variety is nice but 4*s are very capable for all content even at low Eidolon counts. having one real strong 5* goes a long way and Clara being a unique kind of Counter unit is p good

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ytlaya posted:

How about relics? That's probably the biggest thing influencing how strong your characters are (with the impact just becoming bigger as your base stats get higher from levels/LCs).

level 6-12 purple or golds on everyone

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

big cummers ONLY posted:

Guess it depends on if you like Clara! I try to keep my team a No-Children Zone, so the game gave me 2 Bronyas instead :v:

svarog is a dapper robot gentleman, actually

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dapper robot berserker more like it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Not So Fast posted:

That's pretty darn lucky. I went the other way where I rolled 10s on both banners and got loving Pela in both of them. The boosted one, fine, but even general? Then the next time I rolled I got Pela again. I was feeling....unluckily lucky? The next 10 roll though I got Himeko and *two* Hooks. It all evens out in the end.

My Pela is still at 4 Eidolons at this point. If I hit 5 or 6 I feel like I'm contractually obligated to try to use her for something.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

dapper robot dad berserker

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

noir detective robot dad

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently the answer is to just bring Seele + Hunt even if the boss isn't weak to it

Pretty much. The key to Svarog isn't so much surviving his personal attacks, but taking his buddies off the board quickly so that they're not pounding you in Phase 2 or kidnapping/flattening your units in Phase 3. Seele's good at hitting flunkies hard and fast, as is Hunt Resonance.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

padijun posted:

What’s the suggested path for 3-2?

Your roster being?
Personally my first clear on su6 was Hunt but I have Seele. If your don't possess her maybe you can try Destruction (requires some luck in getting the right blessing though.). Anyway bring Asta and Preservation protag to perform Weakness Break.
As for 3-2 just use the same strategy as 3-1. I used Preservation 'cause I had Gepard. I guess Preservation can still work (though less effective) with March / protag though less effective. Remembrance does not work well because Gepard seems to be immune to Freeze when he unleashes his shield.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

big cummers ONLY posted:

not really sure why it's the little girl with the big killer robot friend sitting in the roster and not just the big killer robot friend itself

I do know why

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

MotU posted:

building tall is very viable. having variety is nice but 4*s are very capable for all content even at low Eidolon counts. having one real strong 5* goes a long way and Clara being a unique kind of Counter unit is p good

OK, good to know. Clara and Svarog definitely hit like a truck, so yeah I'll build up some other characters in the mean time. Time to try out Tingyun as a support!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Not So Fast posted:

OK, good to know. Clara and Svarog definitely hit like a truck, so yeah I'll build up some other characters in the mean time. Time to try out Tingyun as a support!

Eventually you do wanna have elemental coverage built up and the like but that all depends on future pulls, what characters you like and actively pull for on character banners, etc etc, but that is mostly 'needed' for Memories of Chaos. Having a Core 4 (And a second team for normal Memories past stage 10) is all you really need to focus on for normal play.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Keep pulling and never stop, it'll pay off in memories of chaos in a few years maybe.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Strongly considering tossing my E0 Himeko on the bench at this point and replacing her with my E6 Hook for my fire damage slot after an absolutely dismal SU run where Himeko with +12 gold relics of the appropriate main stats was being outdamaged by Sushang against bosses - which doesn't sound like a disqualifying factor, except Himeko was hitting weakness and Sushang wasn't.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What's the damage bonus for hitting a weakness anyway?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

For that matter, how does an enemy being in Weakness Break status affect damage? Like I imagine you do more damage with their barrier down, but it's not clear how much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

This is actually a point that's up in the air because there's conflicting testing. Prydwen's article claims that there's no damage bonus for hitting elemental weaknesses, but there's other people who claim that's wrong:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/13abue5/psa_this_is_wrong_your_damage_is_indeed_affected/

The truth seems to be that there's technically no "weaknesses" so much as enemies that are weak to an element take full damage from it.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 16, 2023