Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
lake gently caress off

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lake Wendouree dried out in the early 2000s and caught fire
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/531382/dry-lake-ablaze-as-fire-takes-hold-on-city-icon-burning-eight-hectares/

So proud of my hometown. They've done a bunch of works to redirect water into it so I don't think it will dry out again

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 14, 2023

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Bit of Cane Toad action tonight!

That's the first of the cunts I've seen this year.

Not my personal kill. I am not advocating animal cruelty.

Nice loving roads up here I must say.

Be still toad. :)

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
gently caress off blow

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Blow posted:

Bit of Cane Toad action tonight!

That's the first of the cunts I've seen this year.

Not my personal kill. I am not advocating animal cruelty.

Nice loving roads up here I must say.

Be still toad. :)

wendaaree

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Aware posted:

gently caress off blow

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Aware posted:

gently caress off blow

Mate. I don't post in the other thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was just a Defunctland video about the Big Red Car ride at Dreamworld and how it was a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWCAujwbrE

Also some interesting history of Dreamworld and the Wiggles I didn't know much about.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Ironically Blow SUX

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was just a Defunctland video about the Big Red Car ride at Dreamworld and how it was a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWCAujwbrE

Also some interesting history of Dreamworld and the Wiggles I didn't know much about.

Solid video, strong recommendation

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Also I'm a felt tip :ck5:

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Jestery posted:

Defunctland is great watching

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

This is good stuff, cheers

Hard to listen to an American saying "gully" though

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

18.1% beer called "Barely Legal" pulled from Melbourne beer festival

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Gonna post some more old pics.

Griffith Bowls Club. NSW. 1965

Construction of Tullamarine Airport, Melbourne. 1968

Gosford, NSW. 1976

Ashgrove, Brisbane. 1973

Spencer St Station, Melbourne. 1936

Melbourne. 1895

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Gonna post some more old pics.

Griffith Bowls Club. NSW. 1965

Any Mackay's Furniture van there?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

They had some high ABV at the last beer fest in town here last year. Like a 10% and a 12%. The 10% was surprisingly good using sharp natural notes to make the bite of the alcohol more subtle, but the 12% stuff tasted like cheap vodka. There is no way I could believe than an 18% beer could be palatable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jelly posted:

They had some high ABV at the last beer fest in town here last year. Like a 10% and a 12%. The 10% was surprisingly good using sharp natural notes to make the bite of the alcohol more subtle, but the 12% stuff tasted like cheap vodka. There is no way I could believe than an 18% beer could be palatable.

Had a really high abv beer a few weeks ago, basically a sixpack in one longneck. I split it with two people and it was pretty good, almost like a dark wineish sort of flavour, but nothing like wine if that makes sense.

e: I'm not sure if it was 18% but it was in the teens.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I had some 19% stout last month which was absolutely delicious. High alcohol beers can be great if done well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Highest ABV I can remember having was a 12% Aventinus something-or-other which loving rocks. Before trying to cut back on my drinking I used to buy Old Rasputin whenever I really wanted to get drunk.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 19, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Yeah this has been going around craft beer circles. It isn't the first time they've pulled some edgy poo poo apparently.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Yeah this has been going around craft beer circles. It isn't the first time they've pulled some edgy poo poo apparently.

Coming up next Hard R Lager

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

"Blackbird brewery presents , Firewater, the malt liquor of "Hey Hey it's Saturday"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
"Blackfleg brewery presents our new beer inspired by our blackfella brothers and sisters: Unleaded"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1661638576197734400

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Yuhp, heck of a fire. Gonna be a long investigation on this one.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Yuhp, heck of a fire. Gonna be a long investigation on this one.

And just like that the developers will no longer have to build around the hat factory.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lolie posted:

And just like that the developers will no longer have to build around the hat factory.

*heritage listed hat factory

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

webmeister posted:

*heritage listed hat factory

Holy crap I used to work right near there and we would joke about "someone pulling a Réne" on that very site.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lolie posted:

'All development suspended until you rebuild the hat factory'

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Two 13 year old kids have apparently handed themselves in to the cops over the fire. Hope they snitch on the developers.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

BastardAus posted:

Holy crap I used to work right near there and we would joke about "someone pulling a Réne" on that very site.

Rivkin?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

Two 13 year old kids have apparently handed themselves in to the cops over the fire. Hope they snitch on the developers.

Two homeless people who slept in the building the night before are still unaccounted for.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Inceltown posted:

here's hoping, but fate usually isn't that kind

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/psychotronica_/status/1509286522268356614

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wow. Never had a Chokito. Anyone remember that JJJ "exploding head" poster that was all over Sydney in the 80s? I saw it as a young country lad coming to the big city, and it FREAKED ME OUT.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Chrpno posted:

Wow. Never had a Chokito. Anyone remember that JJJ "exploding head" poster that was all over Sydney in the 80s? I saw it as a young country lad coming to the big city, and it FREAKED ME OUT.

It's like a Picnic but not as good. Not as keen to hurt your gum with a random nut edge though.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Starting a petition to get these added to the national register of historic landmarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Still a country of loving cunts