Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 hours!)

what do you do for your assignments?

I always do credits/lightcone exp.

then 2x materials for whatever gets lowest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 28, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

They should also add Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn to Star Rail
As a free unit

In a surprise crossover, the main character from the game Watch_Dogs is added to Honkai Star Rail.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Will Wallace ever make a friend? I thought we were going to get there today with the woman who wanted to be friends with him for networking but alas in the end it wasn't meant to be cause even he had standards (which surprised me to be honest).

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I always help pom pom because he works hard to keep the express going and making sure we all have juice.

You cannot play this game for longer than 15 minutes a day once you've finished the main story and exploration. Not a complaint.

It's such an unusual experience to me. Even if I load it up I don't have any energy to make any progress so I just close it down a minute later. It feels like gaming methadone.

Normally when I get to this point in gacha games (log in, do dailies, turn it off) I get mad bored at the regularity but it hasn't settled in because auto battle is a breeze.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

If you want to make the rounds killing the daily add respawns for the secondary ascension mats which aren't part of stamina fights, it takes about an hour while multitaking down at the screen while watching something else on tv. Paying attention, making beeline without distraction, probably like 20-25minutes

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there any reason to salvage relics/LCs before using them as leveling fodder?

Similarly, will using or salvaging an already-upgraded relic/LC pass on any of the already-spent XP?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

It passes on 80% of the experience. Salvaging is just so you don't have to feed multiple pages of relics, it's the single/three stacks of dust.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

using an already leveled lc/relic passes on about 80% of the exp

the only particular reason to salvage relics is that if you salvage 5* relics you get a currency that you can use to synthesize a specific 5* relic (in terms of both set and gear slot). the stats are still random but it helps if you're trying to build a specific character and cant find a piece of a certain type.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Salvaging un-leveled gear makes the inventory less of a mess, which I think is nice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so salvaging gets you the dust exp, and the other thing that you need to craft ones from scratch?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Oh, there was a lot of... I'll be generous and call it account maximizing slapfighting talk a few pages back, but didn't see anyone mention this.

Spend your embers for mats. There's all sorts of handy stuff in there, all for the low low price of currency that very slowly turns into rolls in the long-term. Having played genshin on and off it's whole length, I never spent those in the beginning, and I've gone months without playing except for logging in to grab the 5&5 rolls out of that shop. Still sitting on more, since past a couple months you'd never need to buy mats, but right now it's a good boost for leveling stuff.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

GateOfD posted:

so salvaging gets you the dust exp, and the other thing that you need to craft ones from scratch?

Salvaging gives you EXP for 4* and below relics, and relic fragments for 5*. you need 100 relic fragments to craft a new 5* relic. Optionally, you can use 100 relic fragments and a Modeling Resin to make a relic with the main stat chosen.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

NeonPunk posted:

I really feel bad for Arlan. Everyone seems to forget that he is a playable character but looks like nobody rolled him even as a 4 star. Nobody around the internet talks about him or even use him in any guide at all. I already played through his story and I admit that I forgot about him until he showed up on the train.

Poor guy.

The rundown of Arlan that I read was:

quote:

Arlan has a berserker like build, he requires low hp to deal good damage. He’s easily prone to faint without his E4, this makes him difficult to use at lower Eidolons. His E6 makes him a hard hitting AoE capable character. Using him requires HP management and can deal very good damage when used properly. His skill consumes HP% instead of a skill point, which grants him some flexibility in teams.

Mine is at E2, and I have Serval for Lightning coverage. So that classified him as "future project" rather than someone I'd want to focus on right now, even with a Something Irreplaceable to put on him.

He's sitting at level 1 right now alongside Herta. Most of my other chars are at or are at least limit-broken to 60, with Dan Heng and Asta at 50.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I was doing the stupid mini quests Pom Pom would give when they're crying but I don't think they even give any awards so goodbye sad sack except for rank up time.

They give more credits than the daily does

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

also you're nice to the train dog

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't want the conductor to be upset in case they decide "gently caress it" and crash the train into a sun out of spite

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

NeonPunk posted:

I really feel bad for Arlan. Everyone seems to forget that he is a playable character but looks like nobody rolled him even as a 4 star. Nobody around the internet talks about him or even use him in any guide at all. I already played through his story and I admit that I forgot about him until he showed up on the train.

Poor guy.

I have E1 Arlan and never use him because Serval does his job as well as he does with greater flexibility.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 16, 2023

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If a character needs their maximum money sink to be good via getting enough dupes, then they are not good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf you'll e6 every launch 4* eventually. like 2 years eventually but still. its not really a money sink more just an inevitability.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

tbf you'll e6 every launch 4* eventually. like 2 years eventually but still. its not really a money sink more just an inevitability.

You'll eventually get the car later, until then just wait and you can drive it :iiaca:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Speaking of trash characters, I take back what I said about Himeko.

I got used to that space dragon echo of war so on a whim I thought I'll try Asta and Himeko on that battle and I barely had traces on Himeko and just underdeveloped relics on her and she just completely shredded the boss. Almost as if they designed her solely for that boss

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

UHD posted:

I don't want the conductor to be upset in case they decide "gently caress it" and crash the train into a sun out of spite

That would be the job of the engineer to steer you into the sun. The conductor is just the person that walks down the train to check your tickets.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

I got used to that space dragon echo of war so on a whim I thought I'll try Asta and Himeko on that battle and I barely had traces on Himeko and just underdeveloped relics on her and she just completely shredded the boss. Almost as if they designed her solely for that boss

I think I'm going to try her on SU6 Cocolia. Maybe I'm not valuing Tingyun enough, but it sure feels like some fire AOE and follow up attacks that trigger on breaks might help with that fight. Tbf I've only done it once so far and my tree is super unleveled so it's probably just a matter of time anyway.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Yeah she's great for SU paths that favor follow up attacks, and have multiple enemies to deal with on the screen. Single target is eh

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love how Jing Yuans trailers and the Space China arc so far makes it perfectly clear that this guy might as well be General Chad Chaderson the coolest guy ever. Its like Big Ayato energy basically. Handsomeman design, great fighter, the wise philosophical chessmaster, the revered public figure that mentioning you know them gets you out of jail free, the tragic backstory forcing him into a role he probably didnt want but is super good at anyway despite nobody quite understanding his pain (TM)

The only thing he's lacking is the perfect little sister that everybody loves even more than him yet still is there to pump his tires at every opportunity, but he has a lion and protege instead I guess

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

That would be the job of the engineer to steer you into the sun. The conductor is just the person that walks down the train to check your tickets.

It's actually not entirely clear what duties Pom Pom has, everyone just calls them the conductor because it's practical, but they could probably do an anime 9/11.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

It's actually not entirely clear what duties Pom Pom has, everyone just calls them the conductor because it's practical, but they could probably do an anime 9/11.

yeah this

why take the chance

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everyone warns you to be afraid of pissing Pom Pom off and that is good enough reason for me to bully them.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

Poor guy.

I like him and would like to use him, but I feel like everything where lightning is a significant weakness end up being an AOE situation where he's just worse than running Erudition. Aside from that he seems like a character who needs more investment to shine, and in the early game that's just not the sort of character I'm looking to take on yet.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you will regret your thoughts and deeds when it turns out Pom Pom is the remnant of Akivili

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

what do you do for your assignments?

I always do credits/lightcone exp.

then 2x materials for whatever gets lowest

That but since I think the battle pass gives more than enough credits I do light cone / character exp (literally always useful)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excelzior posted:

you will regret your thoughts and deeds when it turns out Pom Pom is the remnant of Akivili

Paimon is probably some sort of diety and I dunk on her just as much.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

NeonPunk posted:

Himeko's brightest moments are very specifically the two current echoes of war bosses, human Cocolia, and the deer, who all play exactly to her very specific strengths in the exact same way - fire weak main boss that continually spawns extremely fragile adds that are also weak to fire, easily broken, and need to be killed constantly. In that situation, she's extremely potent.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Kale posted:

I love how Jing Yuans trailers and the Space China arc so far makes it perfectly clear that this guy might as well be General Chad Chaderson the coolest guy ever. Its like Big Ayato energy basically. Handsomeman design, great fighter, the wise philosophical chessmaster, the revered public figure that mentioning you know them gets you out of jail free, the tragic backstory forcing him into a role he probably didnt want but is super good at anyway despite nobody quite understanding his pain (TM)

The only thing he's lacking is the perfect little sister that everybody loves even more than him yet still is there to pump his tires at every opportunity, but he has a lion and protege instead I guess

Can you stop being weird about characters please

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kale posted:

Yes, a gacha game has ridiculously perfect characters. In related news, water is wet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my best fire character is hooooook

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
That's Pitch Dark Hook the Great to you.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Draga posted:

That's Pitch Dark Hook the Great to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

hook absolutely bodies things once she gets going. love her