Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Jing Yuan seems like he is going to be real good. Wondering if I can try to get him and then save up again for Kafka. My brain says no, but my heart says yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

Jing Yuan seems like he is going to be real good. Wondering if I can try to get him and then save up again for Kafka. My brain says no, but my heart says yes.
You'd have two patches. Genshin patches tend to give out about 70 rolls if you mine them for everything and given how similar everything here is it'll probably be the same here. Combine that with 1.0 stuff you haven't done yet/monthly refreshes of the tickets in the exchange shop/etc, that should be enough even F2P.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 17, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The struggle is avoiding Luocha...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Do we expect Jing Yuan to come with any kind of event or story continuation, or will it be 3 more weeks of nothing?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There should be that boulder town event this patch but my impression is that any story continuation would be in 1.1.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

haypliss posted:

The struggle is avoiding Luocha...

:haibrow:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Flowing Thot posted:

All info points at him being really good but a lot of the erudition LCs are absolute trash so people are thinking picking up his LC is a massive qol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want a good lc for him getting the battle pass would probably be better than spending rolls on his lc banner

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On a divergent note, the Genshin talk made me think "maybe I'll go back after however long it's been and see if my old account is still there, and how much more there might be to do now. Also, my newer phone will probably play it better."

And I see a TWENTY-TWO GIGABYTE DOWNLOAD begin.

Ye gods.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

There should be that boulder town event this patch but my impression is that any story continuation would be in 1.1.

What is “that boulder town” event?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What is “that boulder town” event?
some sort of event at the fight club in the underground. it was in the betas i think.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh so just like a combat thing?

Shame.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If I get to kick scott's rear end it'll be good

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Personally speaking I wouldn't pull for LCs that only say "have bigger numbers" that you can already get from relics, since the game already gives you some free LC options, 4* LCs can be good enough, and you can save up to buy a 5* LC eventually if you really want. I'd only consider pulling for LCs that provide some sort of unique advantage that can't be replicated by gear numbers like a busted SP generation or something.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There is nothing wrong with a freely-available/maxable universal DMG boost + conditional atk% boost that aligns with Erudition's normal gameplan.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Just borrowed a Seele from someone with a 5-digit UID. That's a pretty rare find.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

Just borrowed a Seele from someone with a 5-digit UID. That's a pretty rare find.

What's a 5-digit UID mean?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

What's a 5-digit UID mean?
The system seems to give them out in ascending order, so it means they first logged in within about 5 nanoseconds of the servers going live. There's probably significantly less than 99,999 of them; I assume it skips more IDs than it uses, so any old rando can't figure out exactly how many players have registered just by making an account.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat, Hook is cold. (Hook character quest) I can't imagine selling my childhood teddy bear to have his eyes ripped out now as a grown man, much less when I was still a child. Feel bad for that teddy.

FractalSandwich posted:

The system seems to give them out in ascending order, so it means they first logged in within about 5 nanoseconds of the servers going live. There's probably significantly less than 99,999 of them; I assume it skips more IDs than it uses, so any old rando can't figure out exactly how many players have registered just by making an account.

Ah, I imagined that the IDs would always have the same number of digits, that's interesting.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I mean, technically they do. Right now, on the Americas server at least, they're all 9 digits: the first digit is for the region, then one or more zeroes, then the interesting part. When I say "5 digits", I mean "6000xxxxx".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

it was mine maybe

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kild posted:

it was mine maybe
Does your in-game name start with a V? Am I doxxing you right now?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

no

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FractalSandwich posted:

congrats on borrowing Vill-V's Selee

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 hours!)

dang, wiped at last 30% hp of SU6.
difference is really that i need to level some relics really

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Really didn't expect to be able to finish this off since Tingyun caught real bad RNG in the face and died at the very beginning of phase2 before I could slam either one of the heal buttons. I do hope the game doesn't end up being mandatory-turtle-meta forever and we're just having problems now because we're all underleveled and undergeared for the content we're trying to do.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I beat 3-2 with lvl 60s fine running an Elation Clara hypercarry build, minimal defensive buffs. Maybe you need to invest more into your Sushang? I dunno.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

haypliss posted:

There is nothing wrong with a freely-available/maxable universal DMG boost + conditional atk% boost that aligns with Erudition's normal gameplan.

I'm really not sure what to put on Jing Yuan. My seriousness is only superimpose 2 and the cone on the glitter shop has 1,000 attack at 70 vs 727 for Seriousness. Himeko is using a superimpose 4 Make the World Clamour which gives 29 energy and +56% ultimate damage. I'm not sure what kind of damage JY's follow-up is.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Araganzar posted:

I'm really not sure what to put on Jing Yuan. My seriousness is only superimpose 2 and the cone on the glitter shop has 1,000 attack at 70 vs 727 for Seriousness. Himeko is using a superimpose 4 Make the World Clamour which gives 29 energy and +56% ultimate damage. I'm not sure what kind of damage JY's follow-up is.
Talent damage, presumably. And I don't think there's anything in the game that specifically affects that, so I guess it's just follow-up damage.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Someone pointed this out online, I had to check in game and it's real all right

Svarog has this also to say in Clara's lore sheet: "Clara has successfully made contact with an individual of similar age in Boulder Town. The individual is named Hook,"

I suppose Svarog's immense age could lump the two together, but he's also known to be a very specific calculator... so "similar" to me reads as "maybe a year or two apart"

uhm

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

haypliss posted:

Does the wearer have to defeat the enemy themself to get the boost, or does it count stuff killed by other party members/path resonance?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

Does the wearer have to defeat the enemy themself to get the boost, or does it count stuff killed by other party members/path resonance?
i think the latter, since there's cones/talents with similar effects that specify 'when this specific character kills an enemy'

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

i think the latter, since there's cones/talents with similar effects that specify 'when this specific character kills an enemy'

You're probably right, but the wonky wording of various SU blessings gives me zero trust that they're actually consistent about language

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
In this specific case, at least, it's definitely only the wearer.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah the game actually shows buffs, I tested it just now and you're right it's just the wearer. Sucky.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah the nice thing about the game is that all of the buffs, debuffs are shown if you bother checking for it, even for the enemies as well

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

That would be the job of the engineer to steer you into the sun. The conductor is just the person that walks down the train to check your tickets.

Nobody wants to be Indiana Jones thrown out the door mid flight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, I imagined that the IDs would always have the same number of digits, that's interesting.

They should. In a properly secure system you shouldn't be able to guess a valid ID just from knowing your own, and sequential IDs breaks that. Not the end of the world if everything's secure, but it means if someone finds a way in they can quickly write a script to hit everyone without getting misses. For example Youtube has unlisted private videos and if they didn't have big random video IDs people without the link could view them easily.

It's a really easy thing to implement if you put it into standard practices, and Mihoyo's so big a target I'm surprised they didn't.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Bruceski posted:

They should. In a properly secure system you shouldn't be able to guess a valid ID just from knowing your own, and sequential IDs breaks that. Not the end of the world if everything's secure, but it means if someone finds a way in they can quickly write a script to hit everyone without getting misses. For example Youtube has unlisted private videos and if they didn't have big random video IDs people without the link could view them easily.

It's a really easy thing to implement if you put it into standard practices, and Mihoyo's so big a target I'm surprised they didn't.
Your UID has nothing to do with your actual login information, so they probably see it as just a tool for adding people to your friends list, and don't consider it sensitive in any way. Can't imagine they'd show it to everyone who gets offered your character as a support and blast it out in every video you record and every screenshot you take, otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
iirc Welt was 8 back in 1955. Anyway he is at least ~80 years old in SR.

Pom-pom's quests secretly give you 8000 credit points so it's better to talk to them more often. I heard they refresh per 12 hours or so.