Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
hi so i think this might be the best game ever, of all time

https://twitter.com/liccnuke/status/1657720211255222273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
My horse from BotW got so scared by my godhand it ran straight off of a cliff and died :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh jesus christ I about had a heart attack diving into the depths just to immediately turn my camera to get my bearings of where I'm going and have Naydra staring straight at me like 20 feet away just flying through the underground.

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Asking again where after all the memories can you find Impa. I've checked multiple chasms as someome said and there was no one in those. I think whoever told me that might have done more regional phenomena than I did.

Did you check the room in the forgotten temple with the map? After that I think you need to do all the regional phenomena to continue.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I take the offering back from a cherry tree am I going to have an angry god after me?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Who keeps putting a single arrow in all these giant crates?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Who keeps putting a single arrow in all these giant crates?

It wasn't in the crate, it's a splinter left over.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Today I was in a cave and I found out that the water healed me so I was like "oh hey, faerie spring!" and did the only logical thing: I threw my weapon in the lake.

Turns out it was just a hot spring.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The scale of this game is frankly mind boggling.

I have spent nearly every free moment of my time since Friday leaping straight to my Switch to pick the game up, and yet I've essentially still gone no further than the immediate area surrounding the castle and Hyrule field. I've opened up just two of the map towers, been to the Depths precisely once (when prompted) and have yet to make contact with any other civilisation or town in the game.

The open world "feed" of activities is a lot more tantalising in this game. The tease of something else on the horizon. The odds of finding something that's actually fun are just so much higher in this game than any other open world game I've ever played, BotW included. The Korok stuff is a really good example. They are just so dumb and the potential for genuine laughs so high that I can't just go past them.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Anyone got locations for stealthfin trouts? I havent found any yet despite searching the spots they were in the first game.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

CapnAndy posted:

Today I was in a cave and I found out that the water healed me so I was like "oh hey, faerie spring!" and did the only logical thing: I threw my weapon in the lake.

Turns out it was just a hot spring.

Wait hold up, are you suggesting you could do that in botw???

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What did you think would happen to your weapon

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh I did a labyrinth and then a sky labyrinth and now it made me dive down into a Depths labyrinth and it's very spooky.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I don’t recall the last time a game so consistently managed to surprise me with funny twists. Attacking a camp of hobgoblins only for the camp rise to its feet revealing itself to be a Talus. Boy howdy!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I forgot how funny Gerudo Town was

And good use of game mechanics

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Feeling like a genius for figuring out how to get into the lost woods

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Am I imagining things or did inflation hit Hyrule too

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Am I imagining things or did inflation hit Hyrule too

not by much, armor was botw’s main money sink. the only outlier is kakariko for obvious reasons

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm still on the path to try and get the shrine detector before just going nuts in the world.

I'm just a bit puzzled by how much of the main quest I have to do to get to that point.

I got the main quest to visit other villages and I've been down that first chasm that unlocks the camera.

Now I'm being told that I need to do more main quest stuff before the old dude moves over to research mountain (where he'll unlock the detector presumably).

Do I need to go to one of the villages first, or all of the other villages, and solve whatever problems they each have?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kin posted:

I'm still on the path to try and get the shrine detector before just going nuts in the world.

I'm just a bit puzzled by how much of the main quest I have to do to get to that point.

I got the main quest to visit other villages and I've been down that first chasm that unlocks the camera.

Now I'm being told that I need to do more main quest stuff before the old dude moves over to research mountain (where he'll unlock the detector presumably).

Do I need to go to one of the villages first, or all of the other villages, and solve whatever problems they each have?

I think it's just timed or some kind of soft check on quests/shrines/stuff being completed, as I got it by running around exploring after helping just the Rito Village and checking in at Lookout Landing a few times.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kin posted:

Rito is the quickest way to get it moving, the ability there is the most useful to have early game anyway.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Quick question: Talking to Purah at the outpost about "other locations" for me she started with Hateno, then Tarrey Town, then Lurelin... and then stopped. I'm now 2 bosses down and she's still just mentioning Lurelin, which I finished. Is she supposed to move on to some other places or does she just go through those three and gets stuck?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1657974431850037248
One in a million, I'm gonna name it Consolation Prize. That pause at the end was stunned silence before I remembered to clip.

Happened to me too. It's definitely programmed to have a small chance of happening

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a7m2 posted:

Happened to me too. It's definitely programmed to have a small chance of happening

Happened to me last night actually. I think it's programmed to spawn just above you at %Chance while skydiving, and just falls from there as-normal.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Don’t do the sword glyph until you’ve gotten all the other dragon tears. Did it too early and took some of the emotion out of it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was the second memory I got yeah, lol. I can respect the idea of letting the player discover things theirr own way and letting everyone's playthroughs be different, but

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

theblackw0lf posted:

Don’t do the sword glyph until you’ve gotten all the other dragon tears. Did it too early and took some of the emotion out of it.

Im glad a goon earlier itt mentioned that the cave Impa takes you to has a mural that shows what order they’re supposed to be done.

Speaking of caves holy moley im impressed how different they all feel. I’ve yet to see reused tunnels

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah honestly I think the most significant misstep in this game is the way the memories are doled out. They should really be shown in order this time, and ideally the last couple should be locked somehow, maybe as dungeon rewards or something. The game gets extremely silly if you happen to do the glyphs first, or even if you stumble across certain ones early on.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
It is kind of surreal though how (major Dragon Tear story spoilers) the game spoils the big story twist in the title of the game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

DaveKap posted:

Quick question: Talking to Purah at the outpost about "other locations" for me she started with Hateno, then Tarrey Town, then Lurelin... and then stopped. I'm now 2 bosses down and she's still just mentioning Lurelin, which I finished. Is she supposed to move on to some other places or does she just go through those three and gets stuck?

There's the four "race" towns and then three extra, Hylian ones, I don't think there's more.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Phenotype posted:

So... I gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed with this game. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely A Good Game, and I'll probably put in another 50 hours before I finish it, but to me, it just doesn't feel like Zelda.

I'm just not sure why they went all-in on Ultrahand. I know lots of people love this kind of thing, but it's such a specific mechanic and it's one that I just don't care for, as a rule. Never played Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, or Minecraft, or Terraria or Fortnite or basically any game that asks you to build stuff, I just don't find it to be that fun. And it's so all-encompassing a mechanic that every few minutes, I have to stop being Link and engage the "building stuff" side of my brain. It just feels like it drags everything to a screeching halt every time, especially because it feels so fiddly trying to get pieces to attach at just the right angle and spot. And honestly, Fuse would be a fine concept on its own, but not paired with Ultrahand. It's just too much fiddling around with weapons and rocks and sharp bits from your inventory ON TOP of all the fiddling around with boards and capsules.

Like I said, it's not a bad game at all, and I had a lot of fun doing the first dungeon earlier, which felt a lot more like what I wanted from a Zelda game, but yeah. Most of it just doesn't feel much like Zelda. Running through the open world is cool, exploration feels great, I love that they populated it with so many villagers, I just wish so many of the things that it asks me to do weren't sticking together some boards and a fan in the right combination.

I'm not very far in, but I feel the same way. I'm glad everyone seems to love it, so I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the game, but yeah, it's 100 percent not my thing, and that's pretty disappointing since I loved BotW so much.

I love ascend though. Not sure why, but man, it scratches the hell out of some itch in my brain.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
https://i.imgur.com/IPweXmB.mp4

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/bkub_comic/status/1658782175926562816

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Got to the top of a very long climb in Lanaryu Sky Archipelago and didn't see how to make the final upwards bit.

No platforms available, so improvised a gondola:

(cookpot)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/Ethanial_/status/1658582484383039488
Not mine but I've done the same thing before :alllears:.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not mine but I've done the same thing before :allears:
Would happily use up one weapon slot on a feather or rubber rod or whatever that doesn't do damage to materials when I try to start Zonai devices

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Isn’t that build guaranteed to fail due to how the wheels are attached? I don’t know if I’m putting too much or too little thought into it, but how would they spin when attached at the edge?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Magic glue. (They work fine, you don't need to worry about axels.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Onean posted:

Magic glue. (They work fine, you don't need to worry about axels.)

WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."