Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bring back the turkey pesto sando u cowards

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was a big fan of the 800 calorie chicken Cesar salad tbh

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

In the pharmacy perhaps...

My Costco does not have a pharmacy :(

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

yoloer420 posted:

My Costco does not have a pharmacy :(

wtf?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I was a big fan of the 800 calorie chicken Cesar salad tbh

I miss this so much.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I miss this so much.

It's back my dude. No tomatoes tho

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dang , I was just there yesterday, didn’t think to check. That’s great news!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
homeless guy gamed the system and got into church, was sucking down free samples of kale salad like shooters

the candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long :rip:

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

It might be an Australia thing, no idea.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
My best Costco pizza experience remains one time when I went to costco in mexico and they had a loving al pastor pizza. This was years ago.

We got a pizza quasi-recently and I can agree it's not as good, but I like the lower amount of sauce. Overall it feels like they're trying to break even or even make a little cash on the food court, which is worrying.

Just keepin' up with the trend of "everything get worse" babyyyyy

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i asked for onion to go on my dog today, and they did actually have the little single-serving containers behind the counter! no signage or other indication that they had em, so thanks for cluing me in, thread.

that said, the onion was kinda flavorless. hoping it was just a little off today, will def continue to put that poo poo on for as long as they have it.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Taima posted:

My best Costco pizza experience remains one time when I went to costco in mexico and they had a loving al pastor pizza. This was years ago.

We got a pizza quasi-recently and I can agree it's not as good, but I like the lower amount of sauce. Overall it feels like they're trying to break even or even make a little cash on the food court, which is worrying.

Just keepin' up with the trend of "everything get worse" babyyyyy

Can you request twice baked? Out here it’s a thing and they take pizza that’s made, fire more cheese on it and bake a second time. :unsmith:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gamera009 posted:

Out here it’s a thing and they take pizza that’s made, fire more cheese on it and bake a second time. :unsmith:

:chloe:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

gamera009 posted:

Can you request twice baked? Out here it’s a thing and they take pizza that’s made, fire more cheese on it and bake a second time. :unsmith:

I want to see you negotiate this at a Costco food court

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I get side eyed just requesting a fresh churro over an old one after they are already out. I can't imagine asking someone to bake a pizza again.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chinatown posted:

bring back the turkey pesto sando u cowards

:69snypa:

:hai:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

A Costco Pizza is already like a solid pound of cheese, fucken goons lmao

Like go to any pizzeria and order "extra cheese" and it won't have half as much as plain cheese from Costco, it can be enough to gag some people

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 16, 2023

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i dare someone to go to a decent pizza place and ask for a "well done" bake, much less fired twice. theyre gonna pinch their fingertips and squint first off-

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i dare someone to go to a decent pizza place and ask for a "well done" bake, much less fired twice. theyre gonna pinch their fingertips and squint first off-

It's probably not the worst food crime seen at a pizzeria?

I've been given plenty of slices drat near burnt because they've forgotten about it in the oven

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I've never had an issue asking for a spot to make a well done pie for me, I don't think it's that foreign of a concept. Obviously depends on the style of pizza though.

The twice baked thing with extra cheese though, that's a new one to me.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
At my local Costco all food court orders are made via a touchscreen interface with a credit card reader attached. You are then assigned a number that is called when your food is ready.

There is zero opportunity to discuss or request modifications to your food.

Is this not the case everywhere?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Boomers are allowed to order at the counter and pay with cash.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
You have to look really lost and Luddesque to get them to come to the cash register though

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

If I'm taking a whole pizza home with me I just call and it's ready for me when I'm done shopping. I haven't been to church for a few months though, so I'm not sure if that's even still an option.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My church finally got the margarita mix back in. Little different this year - labeled as organic and isn't quite as neon green as years past. Has a little pulp in it, too. About $8.50 for two jugs which is about the going rate for one in a regular grocery store. I grabbed two boxes (twelve bottles total) and just popped one open tonight.

A+++ would buy again.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Rufio posted:

Boomers are allowed to order at the counter and pay with cash check.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

yoloer420 posted:

The discussion about cooking just reminded me of the other thing that Costco hasn't had the last two times I've been: flour.

Seriously what the gently caress.

My costco only has massive bags of the worst white flour. I'm not buying 25-50lbs of that junk. Any money I "saved" buying the costco garbage would be nullified by buying vital wheat gluten at the co-op to make the flour usable for bread.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Might buy a Roomba tomorrow from the 'stco

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I ordered a hot dog with onions, pepperoni pizza slice, and chicken bake, then tore the hot dog and chicken bake into pieces and put them and the onions on the pizza slice to make a combo slice.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

pencilhands posted:

I ordered a hot dog with onions, pepperoni pizza slice, and chicken bake, then tore the hot dog and chicken bake into pieces and put them and the onions on the pizza slice to make a combo slice.

:vince:

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

My costco only has massive bags of the worst white flour. I'm not buying 25-50lbs of that junk. Any money I "saved" buying the costco garbage would be nullified by buying vital wheat gluten at the co-op to make the flour usable for bread.

Thanks for this! Your post got me to Google different types of flour. I can see now why my bread loving sucks.

I'm gonna go buy high protein flour next week.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
At busy times like 5:00 on weeknights, my church has a pizza peddler patrolling the checkout area, offering whole, hot pepperoni pizzas to add to your order, no food court stop required. He's just patrolling with a pizza delivery bag. They must sell a ludicrous number of pizzas that way.

Do your churches have pizza peddlers?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sock it to me! posted:

At busy times like 5:00 on weeknights, my church has a pizza peddler patrolling the checkout area, offering whole, hot pepperoni pizzas to add to your order, no food court stop required. He's just patrolling with a pizza delivery bag. They must sell a ludicrous number of pizzas that way.

Do your churches have pizza peddlers?

Lol that sounds awesome actually

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
the checkout area should have multiple mobile vendors, maybe a juggler or guitarist to spice things up

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

death cob for cutie posted:

the checkout area should have multiple mobile vendors, maybe a juggler or guitarist to spice things up

what is wrong with you good lord

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AKZ posted:

what is wrong with you good lord

They already have the auto-renew swag. Might as well juggle it.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

esperantinc posted:

If I'm taking a whole pizza home with me I just call and it's ready for me when I'm done shopping.

This is the way, we ask for extra pepperoni and sometimes that happens. Living across from Costco has spoiled us though. We never order any other pizza. Ever

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

namlosh posted:

We never order any other pizza. Ever

someone please send this poster the help they need

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Raluek posted:

i asked for onion to go on my dog today, and they did actually have the little single-serving containers behind the counter! no signage or other indication that they had em, so thanks for cluing me in, thread.

that said, the onion was kinda flavorless. hoping it was just a little off today, will def continue to put that poo poo on for as long as they have it.

unless they fill those single use containers that day in store those onions are probably not fresh and so have lost a lot of the oniony compounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

unless they fill those single use containers that day in store those onions are probably not fresh and so have lost a lot of the oniony compounds

I doubt they're even chopped in the store.