Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibblebibble posted:

I currently possess a miniature tactical nuke in my team.

I took my chromed-up Clara for a spin in SU3-2 and Gepard didn't even have time to put his super shield up before I beat him. Nice and simple, see you in SU3-3 loser.

Are u "Crim" on my friends list??? Cause if so I have borrowed your Clara many a time and she is an excellent tool of destruction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just noticed that I could change the graphical settings on my phone. I had assumed that you couldn't since most phone games don't let you change much, but mine was running with the shittiest settings possible (low resolution and 30fps and most settings on low). After turning it up to 60fps and high resolution (and high for most other settings) it looks dramatically better and still runs fine.

Bruceski posted:

They should. In a properly secure system you shouldn't be able to guess a valid ID just from knowing your own, and sequential IDs breaks that. Not the end of the world if everything's secure, but it means if someone finds a way in they can quickly write a script to hit everyone without getting misses. For example Youtube has unlisted private videos and if they didn't have big random video IDs people without the link could view them easily.

It's a really easy thing to implement if you put it into standard practices, and Mihoyo's so big a target I'm surprised they didn't.

Someone clarified that it actually is a set number of digits, and they were just referring to the latter parts after the region (IIRC) code.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Are u "Crim" on my friends list??? Cause if so I have borrowed your Clara many a time and she is an excellent tool of destruction!

Sadly not, I'm in the Asia server. My own friends have reported my Clara tearing poo poo up so I'm glad that the Clara nuclear task force has gone international.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Not quite. You still take bronya with him.

https://streamable.com/xqhwff

Apparently this was done in an unoptimized manner but imagine if you could have him attack first and then attack again due to bronya. Also her buffs are very useful to him all around.
Sure, it's not like she does nothing, but her skill is just inherently nowhere near as good for him if it doesn't directly buff his pet's damage.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

GateOfD posted:

bought the last preservation eidolon in the shop, " 5/6
guess the 6th isn't in game yet?

It isn’t, no. Can probably expect it at the end of Luofu, whenever that happens

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Meowywitch posted:

That's me!!!! Mine is not quite at that power level yet (can't get the crit piece to drop) but I'm pretty happy with where she is.

Glad her Mr Svarog is being helpful for others!!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Sure, it's not like she does nothing, but her skill is just inherently nowhere near as good for him if it doesn't directly buff his pet's damage.

oh for sure. its just he benefits so much being able to stack the numbers that bronya is probably going to be used before some other support more suited comes around.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hit TB40 Time to hit up the SU.

Got an event that gave me all of those Destruction blessings and watched Gepard break his own shield on counter damage :v:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Got the lightning lad. I'd saved 60 tickets for him and the last 10-roll clinched it. Finally got Tingyun too so I think I only need Arlan for my 4* crew now.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Indecisive posted:

from my understanding, it also gains speed when you add stacks, so if youre trying to max stacks youd want to not use ult until its about to activate I guess. not sure how much that will matter in practice tho vs just building more total ults over time

I think you want to use to use his ult right after it activates, to get maximum value out of the speed boost

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently China crashed the China server payment system with the new banner and they had to do a press release about it. All other servers seem unaffected.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FractalSandwich posted:

Your UID has nothing to do with your actual login information, so they probably see it as just a tool for adding people to your friends list, and don't consider it sensitive in any way. Can't imagine they'd show it to everyone who gets offered your character as a support and blast it out in every video you record and every screenshot you take, otherwise.

That's true.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

That's me!!!! Mine is not quite at that power level yet (can't get the crit piece to drop) but I'm pretty happy with where she is.

Glad her Mr Svarog is being helpful for others!!

I've also used your Clara a lot and has been very useful while farming, thanks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like this game intends for the process of getting max level characters (and max "world level"/equilibrium) to take much longer than in Genshin. In Genshin you could fully level people to 90 by AR50. Getting Trailblazer ranks in this seems to take less time than the higher Adventure Ranks in Genshin, but it still seems like it will probably be at least a couple months until Trailblazer rank is high enough to reach max level on characters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

It seems like this game intends for the process of getting max level characters (and max "world level"/equilibrium) to take much longer than in Genshin. In Genshin you could fully level people to 90 by AR50. Getting Trailblazer ranks in this seems to take less time than the higher Adventure Ranks in Genshin, but it still seems like it will probably be at least a couple months until Trailblazer rank is high enough to reach max level on characters.

Based on the cap apparently being level 80(since there's no character traces that mention requiring anything beyond ascension 6), people will hit that cap a couple weeks to a month from now, assuming no insane stamina whaling. A lot of people have already or are about to hit EL4, which provides level 70 characters.

I have a few randos on my friends list who are already 70, actually.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm real bad at stat math, breakpoints, and that kind of thing. Is there a clear way to know when it's worth running crit/crit dmg on your chest vs atk? I am assuming this is like other games with similar stat set-ups where ATK is better until you're able to get your crit up to a certain point. CDMG probably won't be worthwhile until you have godlike crit substats, but crit vs atk in mainstat is throwing me.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Generally you want to run crit or crit damage% to get as close to 2:1 ratio as possible, running an atk% chest is good until you get a crit% chest, but because your rope and a decent number of traces are already providing you atk% (as well as boots if you're running seele), getting the crit% chest is good immediately.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah, crit chest is optimal on every current DPS in large part because there's no other place to roll it as mainstat so there's no way to get a lot of it without absurd substat luck.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
New code: HSRVER10JYTGHC

50 jade and 10k credits.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

where do i enter that?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

where do i enter that?

click on your profile in game (the three dots) and go to "redemption code"

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
You can also do it here https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Took care of SU6, and SU3-2 today.
Preservation is the way, especially with a stacked def. Fireblazer like mine. Resonance blast just cares the adds and shields down so fast for like 20k+ per target as long as you grab the upgrade for making it crit.

of course, any stamina i burned away to redeem any 2pc relics were all trash.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

Took care of SU6, and SU3-2 today.
Preservation is the way, especially with a stacked def. Fireblazer like mine. Resonance blast just cares the adds and shields down so fast for like 20k+ per target as long as you grab the upgrade for making it crit.

Finally, I'm not the only one going full preservation and stacking shield bars past the characters' HP bars. :v:

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

i got absurdly lucky with crit% and crit damage sub stat rolls on my gear for seele so everything just explodes right now

still need to replace her boots and the orb with their 5 star versions but haven't had luck with getting the main stats I want on them.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ghosthotel posted:

i got absurdly lucky with crit% and crit damage sub stat rolls on my gear for seele so everything just explodes right now

still need to replace her boots and the orb with their 5 star versions but haven't had luck with getting the main stats I want on them.

If you have the season pass you get a weird clock thing at some point. This allows you to craft a piece of 5 star gear and choose the main stat. Don't think you can get em any other way at the moment though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sam Sanskrit posted:

If you have the season pass you get a weird clock thing at some point. This allows you to craft a piece of 5 star gear and choose the main stat. Don't think you can get em any other way at the moment though.

You actually get that even with the free version. Just gotta hit level 35.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Gonna go all in on this banner to pity and hope for Clara, Bailu, or Gepard--but mostly Clara--if I lose the 50/50. And Tingyun along the way. *Then* I will hoard again.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

You actually get that even with the free version. Just gotta hit level 35.

Oh that's actually rad and super generous. I felt weird about that being a paid thing.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I don’t even care about lightning man. I just want to finally have tingyun on rate up. She’s the only 4 star I don’t have and it’s driving me nuts

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Story -wise I don't really care about the General compared to, say, Kafka, but he has Osvald's VA and his mechanics seem great/fun so I'd like him. I wouldn't be annoyed to get anyone except maybe Himeko though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Good Citizen posted:

I don’t even care about lightning man. I just want to finally have tingyun on rate up. She’s the only 4 star I don’t have and it’s driving me nuts

I want Sushang eidolons, she's a brutal murderer. If anyone doesn't have her E1, idk, it might be worth rolling here just for that? She still works without it but with her refunding her skill point, and Bronya just a bit slower than her, and her ult advancing her turn, it's such an enormous amount of burst.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

prepare to get lightning man, March 7 E6, and no tingyun

big cummers ONLY posted:

I want Sushang eidolons, she's a brutal murderer. If anyone doesn't have her E1, idk, it might be worth rolling here just for that? She still works without it but with her refunding her skill point, and Bronya just a bit slower than her, and her ult advancing her turn, it's such an enormous amount of burst.

sushang E1 is insanely good but rolling for any 4* is an act of hubris if you don’t also want the 5* imo

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

Sushang's E1 is nice to have for SP efficiency to go E-Ult-E for no skill points, but it's not worth trying to target.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

No Jing Yuan on the first fifty rolls. Got Sushang twice, that's nice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i love cute girl with giant sword

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i already have sus and ting at E2, and E3 is the boring one that just increases the max level of their skill. its nice, but not that exciting.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Meowywitch posted:

i love cute girl with giant sword

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think rolling for 4*s makes a lot of sense tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Not too interested in him, but given pity rolls carry over I'll probably toss at least some rolls at the banner to see if he pops up. The boosted 4* selection is really nice too - hell, if anything those are actually more interesting given they wouldn't reset pity and I do still need Tingyun + Eidolons for all three.