Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I don't play much tt but aren't there quite a few games with Nazis as the baddies that would have some kind of Nazi playing pieces? Or is the problem that people don't play the Nazis as the baddies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

That's been an ongoing problem with WW2 theme minis, yes. And non WW2 theme minis, for that matter.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah if there’s a hobby, there may be Nazis. Little Eichmanns everywhere.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

run on sentience posted:

aren't there quite a few games with Nazis as the baddies that would have some kind of Nazi playing pieces?

There are, but they're usually anodyne things like "these black chits represent German tank units".

I guess that Wolfenstein tabletop game probably had a bunch of Nazi-tech minis, but obviously they're enemies to be defeated and nothing more.

V Much more succinctly put. V

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 19:43 on May 16, 2023

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

run on sentience posted:

I don't play much tt but aren't there quite a few games with Nazis as the baddies that would have some kind of Nazi playing pieces? Or is the problem that people don't play the Nazis as the baddies?

There's a difference between say, models of Tiger tanks and Wehrmacht troops, and a cutesy bobblehead figurine of an SS doctor

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

teen witch posted:

Yeah if there’s a hobby, there may be Nazis. Little Eichmanns everywhere.

Eichmänner

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

StillFullyTerrible posted:

There's a difference between say, models of Tiger tanks and Wehrmacht troops, and a cutesy bobblehead figurine of an SS doctor

Yeah that's true. Though I question the people collecting "realistic" models of Nazi stuff too.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
I'm going to ruin the quote, but there's the story of a decently well known in-hobby figure who'd go to wargaming conventions with carefully painted models of allied troops, and a box of nazi's spray painted black. The nazi's would be unceremoniously tossed back in the box when killed.

Need more players like that.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PharmerBoy posted:

I'm going to ruin the quote, but there's the story of a decently well known in-hobby figure who'd go to wargaming conventions with carefully painted models of allied troops, and a box of nazi's spray painted black. The nazi's would be unceremoniously tossed back in the box when killed.

That’s brilliant, yes more

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

IIRC he labelled the box of black-sprayed Nazi figurines 'FASCISTS'

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

StillFullyTerrible posted:

This is what usually makes it clear. There is a big difference between someone wanting a well painted german army with an iron cross for the symbols, and someone painting a specific SS division with “historically accurate” insignias.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna buy a toht figure from Indiana Jones and you cannot stop me

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I’m gonna buy a toht figure from Indiana Jones and you cannot stop me

The Hasbro one with melting face? That looks pretty good. But the Ark requires you to buy the whole set.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t really need the ark. I can live without. However the second series sankara stone set thing? Oh hell yes baby, gimme all dat

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't understand buying little plastic tchotchkes of pop culture ephemera. And I did it for a while a long time ago.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s fun.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't understand buying little plastic tchotchkes of pop culture ephemera. And I did it for a while a long time ago.

I like being able to hold cool designs in my hands.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I like the Reverse Flash a lot so I bought a little guy of him and it's on a shelf in my room, and when I see it I'm like 'heh, there's that guy I like' and I am amused. Same as having a poster up. Life's too short to just like - not have things that amuse you.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Sometimes you need to have a Little Guy in your house

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Just don't let the Little Guys take over your house.

I say, laying on a pillow shaped like a Mario mushroom.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

run on sentience posted:

Yeah that's true. Though I question the people collecting "realistic" models of Nazi stuff too.

There's a difference between having models of Nazi stuff and collecting models of Nazi stuff. Nazis are not subtle people. The guy with a model of every major tank of the war isn't the one you have to worry about, even if the German models have swastikas. Actual fash will have just Nazi stuff, or a weird mix of, like, panzers, zakus, AT-STs and tie fighters, space marines, maybe a token cobra commander action figure. It's usually really fuckin obvious.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 12:49 on May 17, 2023

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The zaku is proletarian.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lol the major political donor kingpin who has authentic Nazi dinnerware and a 'garden of evil' that has lots of communists and no nazis

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

The zaku is proletarian.

The Zaku maps really well onto the Me 109 and Zero

State of the art and not proletarian in the slightest at the start of the war, gradually outclassed by technological advances from both sides, and by 1945December they were throwing anyone with two hands and a pulse into the cockpit because all the good pilots had either moved up or been killed by superior logisticsa wonder weapon driven by a goddamn Jedi

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PharmerBoy posted:

It was game designer Jack Radey : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Radey

ETA: sadly his wikipedia page doesnt mention the spray painted black nazis he'd chuck back in the cardboard "fascists" box, but someone in the tradgames forum has met him a few times and told that story.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phy posted:

The Zaku maps really well onto the Me 109 and Zero

State of the art and not proletarian in the slightest at the start of the war, gradually outclassed by technological advances from both sides, and by 1945December they were throwing anyone with two hands and a pulse into the cockpit because all the good pilots had either moved up or been killed by superior logisticsa wonder weapon driven by a goddamn Jedi

Also they're literally storm trooper robots with stalhelms, fighting for a country with this flag

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Zeon is p explicitly supposed to be Imperial Japan IN SPAAAACE, with some nazi iconography thrown in for good measure

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Marcade posted:

Hey, I learned something today. Neat.

They probably should have called it chinking orange, or oakum orange, or, ya know, basically anything else, though.

"Nice Caulk" is right there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know poo poo about gundam I just buy the cool robots and the zaku are the coolest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you think the Zaku is the coolest mobile suit in Gundam, might i suggest a series called Armored Trooper VOTOMS

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The coolest gundams are the windmill, and master gundam if you put the humanity torso onto the horse's neck to make a centaur.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

CaptainViolence posted:

years ago i used to work in reality tv, and at one point we were doing a house tour of a log cabin. our regular associate producer was out sick that week, so we had a new person fill in for her, and she happened to be asian-american. in the middle of the tour, the realtor started talking about the chinking between the logs, and this ap's eyes bugged out of her head as she sat down on the couch and buried her face in a throw pillow. as soon as the director yelled cut, she burst into laughter and asked what the gently caress word the realtor kept saying because she mist have misheard, and we had to explain the concept to her. she giggled every time someone said it for the rest of the shoot, to the point that she had to start hiding in closets in order to not ruin takes. she ruled, i wish we'd gotten to work with her more.

Definitely could have gone worse.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t know poo poo about gundam I just buy the cool robots and the zaku are the coolest

How can you not like a robot named "scopedog?" He's got a scope, he's a dog, he's here to party.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Volcott posted:

How can you not like a robot named "scopedog?" He's got a scope, he's a dog, he's here to party.

What's scopedog

:dadjoke:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Volcott posted:

I’ve never watched or know anything about gundam. I just go to the model store and find a cool one a build it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

That's completely valid, there are some cool robots.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Agents are GO! posted:

"Nice Caulk" is right there.

Thank you for noticing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

How about the Gouf, it's basically a Zaku but blue and with horns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPqomrYO960

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

I’ve never watched or know anything about gundam. I just go to the model store and find a cool one a build it

The model store called. They're running out of you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Volcott posted:

Please post actual Scopedogs and not weird parodies