Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

On one hand, it is great seeing Madrid finally pounded into oblivion

On the other, City going to a final they are almost assuredly going to win sucks

No gently caress, I rather see Real win 10 more champions league than City win one. I do think Inter have a really good chance in a single game. If Man City met them in the semi I would favor them but I think Inter could park the best very aggressively and Lautaro/Lukaku counter is dangerous vs any team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
congratulations on city's CL win after just 15 years of using a save editor

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
of course, pep not galaxy braining it to absolutely destroy real madrid only sets the stage for the ULTIMATE galaxy brain

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man City destroying Real Madrid only to lose 1-0 to Inter Milan in the final would be most excellent.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Eau de MacGowan posted:

of course, pep not galaxy braining it to absolutely destroy real madrid only sets the stage for the ULTIMATE galaxy brain

Haaland on the bench, Bernardo at CB, strikerless but with every midfielder on the roster in as false 9s. let's fuckin go

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Haaland man marking Lukaku, got to deal with that physicality somehow

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
old man dzeko will destroy them

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Lukaku, please, I am putting all of my faith in you, which seems insanely misguided and dumb yes, but I need you to win to stop this treble

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tbp posted:

Lukaku, please, I am putting all of my faith in you, which seems insanely misguided and dumb yes, but I need you to win to stop this treble

live footage from the city dressing room in istanbul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq16Q8UdvSg

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FullLeatherJacket posted:

live footage from the city dressing room in istanbul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq16Q8UdvSg

thats just kalvin phillips getting out the shower, no big deal

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Frankston posted:

Man City destroying Real Madrid only to lose 1-0 to Inter Milan in the final would be most excellent.

It’s been firmly confirmed we’re in the dark timeline so this will sadly not happen

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Ulio posted:

The champions league darkmagic of Real is over. That is one of the heaviest defeats I've seen from Real.

I think people said this after Ajax demolished them at the Bernabeu as well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

It's time for Manchester United legends Matteo Darmian, Henrik Mkhitaryan, and Romelu Lukaku to stop the treble.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Inter seem completely outclassed which means they'll probably win somehow

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

It’s been firmly confirmed we’re in the dark timeline so this will sadly not happen

If we weren't in the dark timeline and instead in the comedy timeline, they would somehow win none of the three.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Amoeba102 posted:

If we weren't in the dark timeline and instead in the comedy timeline, they would somehow win none of the three.

Ah yes, the Leverkusen manoeuvre

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Elliptical Dick posted:

I think people said this after Ajax demolished them at the Bernabeu as well.

That year's Real Madrid lineup was a joke and everyone had thought they weren't gonna be champions league contenders for a bit. I guess last year made everyone think this is gonna be another dynasty with newer guys like Valverde/Vini/Rodyrygo becoming world class.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
a couple great signings and they can quickly become a contender again. they need a new coach though

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

tristeham posted:

a couple great signings and they can quickly become a contender again. they need a new coach though

yeah, no ancelotti team will ever win the champions league

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Of course Juve take the lead with a sloppy goal after a lucky bounce. Somehow more fitting of that team in this season to only win ugly.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Ulio posted:

That year's Real Madrid lineup was a joke and everyone had thought they weren't gonna be champions league contenders for a bit. I guess last year made everyone think this is gonna be another dynasty with newer guys like Valverde/Vini/Rodyrygo becoming world class.

Which is why I think they'll probably be back in contention next year. This City team is just really good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coyi

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

I believe in Davey Moyes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A football genius

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

That was a really fun afternoon of Euro foot

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tristeham posted:

:thunk:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/WestHam_Central/status/1659353585581273089?t=Jr9P4ebVKTP41asuCquenw&s=19

Who would win? 50 AZ ultras or 1 overweight hammer full of pies and Stella

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It’s over Alkmaar, I have the high ground

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Qualifies as "an absolute unit"

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

he did well to fight them at a critical bottleneck to negate their numerical advantage. a modern day spartan

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Finals are free again on various BT apps and satellite channels

https://www.bt.com/sport/football/europa-league/europa-league-final-2023-how-to-watch-sevilla-vs-roma

Not sure Jake Humphrey has quit yet but you can mute him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Not sure Jake Humphrey has quit yet but you can mute him

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
the europa league final is tonight 😳

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtEiNX3hugo

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Looking forward to Roma scoring inside 5 minutes followed by 85 minutes of bus parking and shithousery that only a Jose team can produce

I am not looking forward to that in fact

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sevilla were the slight odds favorites before lineup was revealed and Dybala is starting for Roma. Bookies have it basically 50-50 almost. Definitely close teams, in similar form. Could go even to penalties. Cheering for Roma!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Buda-Pest

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Trying to get some of that Qat_ar glory.

Does it look hazy in the stadium because the broadcast is bad or are there a ton of flares being lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm here for Manchester United legends Chris Smalling and Nemanja Matic.