Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Jing, got greedy wanting a tingyun dupe, spent another 10 and got E1 Jing...Can't complain altho I do kind of wish I lost that 50/50 so I felt more secure for silver wolf lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pain of Mind posted:

Going to roll up to soft pity for 4*s, if I get a 5* before that then that is ok too, will just roll up to soft pity again. I think in a bubble there are desirable and undesirable 5*s, but really any is good if it does not take 75+ rolls to grab it.

Trip report:
Never pulled on the special banner with Seela, so I had no pity built up.
Had 30 rolls without converting Stellar Jade:
First 10 pull: Natasha, Sushang
Second 10 pull: Some crappy 4* light cone
Third 10 pull: Jing Yuan, March 7

Sorry Serval, I tried to keep you around. I think Jing Yuan was ~ pull 23 or 24, I guess I can attempt to roll up to pity again. I still do not have Tingyun. I guess it gives some clarity on where to spend my stamina for the next few days.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

four tingyuns, two marches, no sushangs

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ytlaya posted:

That's interesting, since in Genshin you also can unlock everything at 80 (even though the level cap is 90). Unlocks are tied to ascension rather than level, so it was pretty common to do a character's final ascension at 80 and then not level them anymore due to diminishing returns. But googling reveals that the level cap in this is in fact 80.

I guess level 80 being the cap in this is sort of in line with artifacts also having a lower level cap (15 in this vs 20 in Genshin).

IIRC, in Genshin Ascension 1 gets you from level 20 to 40 in one jump, so it's less that the level cap is a full tier lower and more that there are 10 less cheapo trash levels early on. I assume getting to 80 is still very expensive and leaving people at 70 will be considered reasonable.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 18, 2023

TheMathyFolf
Sep 14, 2014
30 pulls for Jing Yuan
100 pulls on the Light Cone banner, failed the 50/50, game took pity on me

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

drat, Hook is cold. (Hook character quest) I can't imagine selling my childhood teddy bear to have his eyes ripped out now as a grown man, much less when I was still a child. Feel bad for that teddy.

Ah, I imagined that the IDs would always have the same number of digits, that's interesting.

Seriously. I was expecting an option to buy it myself, and was disappointed there wasn't one.
They should add another quest to that line where you buy Jun-Jun back without his eyes, get some shiny buttons sewn on, and give Hook Cyborg Jun-Jun.

Also it sucks how none of these games with major power fantasy elements ever let you indulge the "I have money so I can be as generous as I want" fantasy.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I did not get Seele and I am Not Pulling on this banner. Good day.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Burned through the 20ish actual special passes I had left from the launch stuff/BP, got a not great abundance LC and a M7 dupe which was nice.

Time to keep saving for Luocha and probably Kafka!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

From the beta test, are there any planned characters who provide incidental constant small heals for the party like fireMC does incidental constant small shields? Because I feel like that's what's missing from my lineup currently.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Think I am going to stop at 60 pulls and wait for Luochoa. A healer fits better into my team anyway.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

sushibandit posted:

From the beta test, are there any planned characters who provide incidental constant small heals for the party like fireMC does incidental constant small shields? Because I feel like that's what's missing from my lineup currently.

Bailu and Luocha both kinda do this.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I got the lightning man (and 2 eidolons for tingyun, 1 for sushang after getting her new, and a couple 4* light cone superimpositions). In 3 pulls. Seems fine?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I had got myself to 40 rolls into Seele banner prior to the change over and Jing Yuan came home after another 40, thankfully winning the coinflip. Fished 30 rolls past that for some more of these 4stars and walked away with Shushang E0 (good), Tingyun E2 (great!), and March E5 (because of course), which I am overall very happy with.

The notion of "don't pull a banner unless you expect the five star" still applies but this banner does have a pretty good value proposition from the four stars available to a degree that I'd probably recommend at least dipping into it a bit. March is still a good utility character for that ludicrous shield, Shushang frees up MC to stay as a very effective tank while being a physical DPS that isn't Clara, Tingyun is Tingyun.

Even Jing kinda rips poo poo apart even in early testing so the biggest issue with rolling for him is opportunity cost against Silver Wolf or Kafka; that's a fair point, but character banners come around again as time goes on and this early into the game's life cycle if you're committed for the long haul then filling out the roster with good characters is in no way a bad thing, even if it delays your fave coming home as soon as possible.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

sushibandit posted:

the abundance light cone from the battle pass does this (small party heal when healer does a basic attack) i guess

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

drat, I thought swapping in Himeko would get me through Cocolia, but that final phase is brutal. I guess I really need to level my SU tree, or just wait a week until I have level 70 characters to walk through it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hunt is my preferred path for SU6, slamming resonance to kill the add spawns and then it instantly refilling because it killed stuff is great.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Won both my 50/50s then took my big leveled up man in to 6-2 and watched him obliterate cocolia with 100k crits 10/10

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cool I just pulled Bronya's best Light Cone out of the regular gacha

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think rolling for 4*s makes a lot of sense tbh

until you get 7 march 7s and only 1 of the other 2

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got mine in 80 pulls.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Captain France posted:

Seriously. I was expecting an option to buy it myself, and was disappointed there wasn't one.
They should add another quest to that line where you buy Jun-Jun back without his eyes, get some shiny buttons sewn on, and give Hook Cyborg Jun-Jun.

Also it sucks how none of these games with major power fantasy elements ever let you indulge the "I have money so I can be as generous as I want" fantasy.

Hey now, there is that one Asta adventure quest where she gives you some pocket change to interact with a scammer. And proceed to terrify the scammer because Asta has no concept of what a normal amount of money is.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Dryzen posted:

Won both my 50/50s then took my big leveled up man in to 6-2 and watched him obliterate cocolia with 100k crits 10/10

I didn't pull on the LC, but I did pull Jing Yuan at ~65 pity and leveled him up. Good lord he just eviscerates Cocolia with a good set of Elation blessings. Like 70% of her HP (and most of her break bar) in one Lightning-Lord turn.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
got Jing Yuan E1 when I just wanted some March 7ths and then felt obligated to get his Lightcone. I just built up Serval . . . .

. _.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was pretty close towards the end. Phase 2 and 3 are way harder than on Difficulty 1. Bronya letting Cocolia instantly use her super can be disastrous , and bad RNG on freezes from the attacks on phase 3 make things super scary.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

epicly this

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Tingyun secured without incident. After that, I've already got enough juice to force Silver Wolf even if I have to go to double pity, so Kafka should be fine too. All according to keikaku so far.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Tingyun secured without incident. After that, I've already got enough juice to force Silver Wolf even if I have to go to double pity, so Kafka should be fine too. All according to keikaku so far.

:haibrow:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MotU posted:

got Jing Yuan E1 when I just wanted some March 7ths and then felt obligated to get his Lightcone. I just built up Serval . . . .

. _.

There were numerous warnings about the folly of chasing 4* dupes in this thread! You flew too close to the sun!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There were numerous warnings about the folly of chasing 4* dupes in this thread! You flew too close to the sun!

no I still got 5E March 7th, I just got annoyed at blowing luck on Jing Yuan. It is a slow to replenish resource

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
this is transactional on multiple levels

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I did 30 pulls (up to 45 since seele) and got 2 sushangs, 1 march, and 2 LC's, basically mission accomplished. would have liked a tingyun to round it out but am not gonna chance it any further since I want Silver Wolf and only have slightly more than 1 pity. also did 10 on the LC cuz im a drat fool and got jack, oh well

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Was pretty close towards the end. Phase 2 and 3 are way harder than on Difficulty 1. Bronya letting Cocolia instantly use her super can be disastrous , and bad RNG on freezes from the attacks on phase 3 make things super scary.

Jeez almost three level 70s, and I thought I was poopsocking

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

70 rolls got me Tingyun, plus an Eidolon for her, Sushang and 3 for March. And a random one for Serval. So pretty good on that front. Didn't pull Jing Yuan, but that just means I'm within 20 of pity for whichever upcoming banner I roll on next.

Tempted to do one more roll, as trying for that fourth March Eidolon is extremely tempting (it's the one that adds +1 counter and 30% DEF to counter damage), but really don't want to break the pity count this high on this banner.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 18, 2023

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I will pull 10-20 on this banner in hopes of getting E1 Sushang or a Tingyun pull but the banner character wouldn't upset me either. If I don't get any of those I'll just keep saving for Silver Wolf/Kefka cause my teams are doing pretty well so far.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got a Dance! Dance! Dance! LC. It seems super good. I put it on Asta, and it usually gets my characters' turns pushed ahead of the enemies'.

Lord Koth posted:

70 rolls got me Tingyun, plus an Eidolon for her, Sushang and 3 for March. And a random one for Serval. So pretty good on that front. Didn't pull Jing Yuan, but that just means I'm within 20 of pity for whichever upcoming banner I roll on next.

Tempted to do one more roll, as trying for that fourth March Eidolon is extremely tempting (it's the one that adds +1 counter and 30% DEF to counter damage), but really don't want to break the pity count this high on this banner.

I find the extra counter from E4 doesn't seem to make much of a difference, since characters usually don't get hit that often in a single turn. Maybe against a large number of enemies when a tank has aggro, though. The DEF scaling on damage is very noticable, however, though that's partly because of how incredibly low her damage was before (it at least doubled her counter damage for me, since my March obviously stacks defense - I think her counters went from like 400 damage to ~900).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 18, 2023

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
At least in SU you'd be getting the extra counter pretty reliably after picking up any of the blessings that hand out shields to your team.

On the other hand it'd only really matter in trash fights, because bosses typically only get two actions between each of your turns.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Did 100 pulls, got E1 Clara on the first 10 pull and Jing Yuan at hard pity. I am justified in being paranoid about saving.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Am I correct in thinking that it's not possible to achieve as high crit stats in this as in Genshin? Unlike Genshin, it appears that weapons don't have a main substat that increases as you level them, and that's often one of the main sources of crit substats in Genshin.

So you basically just have one of the crit stats as a chest piece main stat, plus whatever substats (or artifact set effects) you can scrounge together.

edit: I think the highest crit stats any of my characters has is something like 40%/90%, and there's not much of a path to increasing that aside from some substats getting upgrades in the last few artifact stat additions.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Am I correct in thinking that it's not possible to achieve as high crit stats in this as in Genshin? Unlike Genshin, it appears that weapons don't have a main substat that increases as you level them, and that's often one of the main sources of crit substats in Genshin.

So you basically just have one of the crit stats as a chest piece main stat, plus whatever substats (or artifact set effects) you can scrounge together.

edit: I think the highest crit stats any of my characters has is something like 40%/90%, and there's not much of a path to increasing that aside from some substats getting upgrades in the last few artifact stat additions.
Some LCs give crit stats as part of their passive, and some characters have crit stat Trace nodes, but apart from that, yeah.