Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

Some LCs give crit stats as part of their passive, and some characters have crit stat Trace nodes, but apart from that, yeah.

Yeah, you might get like 12% crit from an LC, but in Genshin you could get like ~30+% rate or 80-90% CDMG from your weapon. And there's also the characters in Genshin sometimes having a substat themselves, which I think is basically equivalent to the trace stat increases (but in Genshin you tend to get a lot more of that one stat, while the traces will get a variety of different stats).

It makes me a little more uncertain how to handle those stats (like when it's better to have them vs more attack or whatever). I imagine they're still worthwhile just because they're a separate multiplier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, you won't get as high of crit stats as Genshin without really good luck. All the 5* Hunt light cones have static crit or crit damage, which does help alleviate it. Having 6 places to roll substats, does make a difference too. When we're doing nothing but spending resin on relics, and people start getting crazy substatted relics the numbers will go up- crit damage can roll up to 25+% as a substat, or like 10+% for crit. So getting to like 80/200 isn't necessarily out of the question. FWIW my Seele is 50/80 before ascending to 70 and getting an extra 8% crit damage (and another 10.3% at 75 A6), and I have lovely substats on my gear. Good substats can get me way higher in both crit and crit damage.

Yes, you still want a 2:1 ratio of crit damage and crit. Damage% only rolls as mainstat on 1 piece of gear, and most damage characters get 30% from traces and another 43% from relic rope. Getting more attack% is just getting into diminishing returns after that. Seele still goes atk% boots over speed because the value of speed on her is pretty low because she gets so much free speed from her skill, so the value of attack boots outshines the value of speed even with her light cone.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 18, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of the last two relic slots, is the CDMG one best for general DPS (or at least DPS that involves crits in some way)?

Also, how should Effect Hit Rate be dealt with (or Break rate for that matter)? Both can be main stats on an artifact (I think chest), and one of the 2-pc artifact sets converts 25% of Effect Hit Rate to attack (which only seems to make sense if you're stacking Effect Hit Rate). But it's not clear to me what sort of characters would want that. Debuffers presumably, but the debuffers I have are also damage dealers.

Does it make sense on someone like Welt? My Welt has that 2-pc set (just as a coincidence because I got a nice 5* orb with Imaginary damage on it), but he only has like ~30% effect hit rate. I'm not sure if it actually affects much aside from the slow chance on his skill though (and I don't know if that slow can stack).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
ended up getting exceptionally lucky and pulling both Seele and her lightcone. Have a pretty hosed up team consisting of Gepard (or Fire Trailblazer), her, Tingyun (or Asta, or Serval, or Physical Trailblazer, whatever makes more sense) and Natasha.

Question is how I actually get my trailblazer level up past 37 now that I've finished the plot, don't wanna spend too many trailblaze points grinding relics when I can't get 5-stars yet

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JT Jag posted:

Question is how I actually get my trailblazer level up past 37 now that I've finished the plot, don't wanna spend too many trailblaze points grinding relics when I can't get 5-stars yet

Do sidemissions, SU and build up a stock of trace materials and EXP from calyxes I guess

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Someone wrote up an insane amount of maths about playing Qingque.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JT Jag posted:

ended up getting exceptionally lucky and pulling both Seele and her lightcone. Have a pretty hosed up team consisting of Gepard (or Fire Trailblazer), her, Tingyun (or Asta, or Serval, or Physical Trailblazer, whatever makes more sense) and Natasha.

Mainly just doing dailies (and whatever quests you have left). Dailies gives a ton for little effort.

I think I'm generally averaging around one Trailblazer level every 2 days now, maybe a little more than that.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Do sidemissions, SU and build up a stock of trace materials and EXP from calyxes I guess

Plus whatever you need for your characters' next ascensions (at least the ones you care about ascending). It's nice to be able to instantly get everyone up to speed once you hit the new Equilibrium level.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Tried out elation JY in SU4-2

Damage is quite decent but his summon attack cycles are so slow that taking a lot of damage in the process is inevitable. I think he needs a very defensive team to be consistent.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AParadox posted:

Tried out elation JY in SU4-2

Damage is quite decent but his summon attack cycles are so slow that taking a lot of damage in the process is inevitable. I think he needs a very defensive team to be consistent.

Asta's speed buff wouldn't affect his summon, right? Though I guess it would indirectly have an effect through letting Jing Yuan use his skill more often (which gives speed to the Summon from what I understand).

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of the last two relic slots, is the CDMG one best for general DPS (or at least DPS that involves crits in some way)?

Also, how should Effect Hit Rate be dealt with (or Break rate for that matter)? Both can be main stats on an artifact (I think chest), and one of the 2-pc artifact sets converts 25% of Effect Hit Rate to attack (which only seems to make sense if you're stacking Effect Hit Rate). But it's not clear to me what sort of characters would want that. Debuffers presumably, but the debuffers I have are also damage dealers.

Does it make sense on someone like Welt? My Welt has that 2-pc set (just as a coincidence because I got a nice 5* orb with Imaginary damage on it), but he only has like ~30% effect hit rate. I'm not sure if it actually affects much aside from the slow chance on his skill though (and I don't know if that slow can stack).

The rule seems to be Slows only stack if they are from different sources, Dan Heng and Welt for example can both have their slow on the same mob but they each only refresh the slow they give. Welt really likes Effect hit rate to get both the slow and Imprison off consistently, he also has a really good damage boost for having those active anyway.

Basically are you landing his Debuff constantly you can build for Crit, but for example Bosses that have a double activation if you can hit Welts Ult between the two actions and Imprison goes off you completely shut that second action down so I personally really like having enough Effect Hit Rate.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Asta's speed buff wouldn't affect his summon, right? Though I guess it would indirectly have an effect through letting Jing Yuan use his skill more often (which gives speed to the Summon from what I understand).

Yeah it doesn't speed up the summon on its own but it lets you use his skill more often, I've managed to get a 10 stack hit quite often when asta speed buff is up.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want Silver Wolf in a few weeks so I can learn the way of the DOT but I also wanted to blow 40 saved wishes (no more, absolute limit) on the new banner. You never know, plus I didn't have Sushang. All from a position of zero pity (last banner wish result was Seele)

Natasha dupe
March 7th dupe
Some wierdo called Jing Yuan who the gently caress is this
Sushang (finally!)

Good result.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Silver Wolf isn't a DoT character - you're thinking of Kafka, who won't be coming until 1.2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

silver wolf is a debuffer, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also speaking of, one thing to note about jing yuan is that while buffs only affect him and not his stand, debuffs on the enemies obviously affect both of them. silver wolf will probably be a good partner?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

Silver Wolf isn't a DoT character - you're thinking of Kafka, who won't be coming until 1.2.

Ah cheers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

Your mom is an antiquity.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

I was very glad when I handed that piece of space junk off to Asta.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
interesting stuff from this edition of Developer Radio: https://www.hoyolab.com/article/18615946?utm_source=sns&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=link&utm_id=6

tldr: the option to adjust things like Seele's ult for less eye-searing is coming, they're adjusting the sanctus medicus storyline to be less abrupt and badly paced, chat system and adjustments to camera system incoming, material finding qol coming

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I did a 10 pull on the banner for Sushang. Did not get Jing Yuan. Mission accomplished, pity rate is safe. I will not push my luck for Tingyun lol

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

also speaking of, one thing to note about jing yuan is that while buffs only affect him and not his stand, debuffs on the enemies obviously affect both of them. silver wolf will probably be a good partner?

outside of spd buffs are there any other buffs that do not affect his summon? It uses JY stats for its damage as far as I know. so most buffs to him should affect it too.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
I'm sure it's been covered but hitting E7 for a character gets you what exactly? I lucked into Natasha E7 and either I mashed through the screen too quickly or it's just 20 of the mats?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

free Trapt CD posted:

I'm sure it's been covered but hitting E7 for a character gets you what exactly? I lucked into Natasha E7 and either I mashed through the screen too quickly or it's just 20 of the mats?
Just 20 Starlights, yeah. There's no boosts to the actual character beyond E6.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Starlights turn into more pulls or guaranteed items from the shop, so it's not all bad at least. Definitely a consolation prize though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leraika posted:

interesting stuff from this edition of Developer Radio: https://www.hoyolab.com/article/18615946?utm_source=sns&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=link&utm_id=6

tldr: the option to adjust things like Seele's ult for less eye-searing is coming, they're adjusting the sanctus medicus storyline to be less abrupt and badly paced, chat system and adjustments to camera system incoming, material finding qol coming
Kinda wild that they're going back and pulling some of those quests out of the main story and into sidequests. That's not something I would have expected to see at all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Assuming they make those sidequests mandatory for something later, I'm not sure how much it helps tbh. Well, I guess the pacing would feel better since it would feel more like a gamey "you need to complete quest X to advance the story" and less like bad pacing?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Thank you both! I'm not too sore about it at all, just a little mystified at the luck involved when I have maximum 1 eidolon for the other characters. E7+ basically mulligan pulls then, that's not too bad especially as it still pushes pity up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Assuming they make those sidequests mandatory for something later, I'm not sure how much it helps tbh. Well, I guess the pacing would feel better since it would feel more like a gamey "you need to complete quest X to advance the story" and less like bad pacing?

I've played this game before, are we going to have to lock a catfoxboy in the tree or something by the end of the questline?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That is a really weird thing to do, splitting story missions off into their own thing, but I do agree the plot switching actually was pretty abrupt so I can't truely have beef

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Need some advice for party composition. Right now I have Seele with her 5 star lc, March 7th, Bailu, and E1 Tingyu as my main guys. It's a great party for survivability and making Seele hit like a Mach truck, but I'm wondering if I'm lacking offensive power for the future. I just finished ice world BTW.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Okay sorry but after looking at Jing LC, why aren't more people trying to pull for that over Jing? That LC looks far far more insane than anything I've seen

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Karanas posted:

Need some advice for party composition. Right now I have Seele with her 5 star lc, March 7th, Bailu, and E1 Tingyu as my main guys. It's a great party for survivability and making Seele hit like a Mach truck, but I'm wondering if I'm lacking offensive power for the future. I just finished ice world BTW.

That's a perfectly serviceable main team and lines up with the current meta, which is main damage dealer(Seele), offensive support(Tingyun), healer(Bailu), and defensive support(March).

The skill point system means that adding a second damage dealer to your party doesn't really double your damage output - it can be frequently difficult to feed one fast hunt character enough skill points to spam skill every turn while also keeping everyone buffed and alive, nevermind two, and if you end up fighting enemies that are substantially above your level(which you will if you push as hard as you can in Simulated Universe and Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos), a healer probably won't be able to keep everyone alive alone.

NeonPunk posted:

Okay sorry but after looking at Jing LC, why aren't more people trying to pull for that over Jing? That LC looks far far more insane than anything I've seen

A whole new cool character is way more attractive to most people with limited resources than a jpeg with numbers on it, most likely.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 18, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

because at the moment the only characters who can fully take advantage of it are jing yuan, himeko, and herta. serval and qingque are the two best non-jing yuan erudition characters and while that LC is still very good for them, its not a massive dps increase over their other options. himeko and herta are both kinda eh, herta especially, and himeko's followup attacks are somewhat conditional.

and also rolling for light cones is boring.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

I think the consensus is that it's really loving good, so if you feel like pulling for weapons that's a great one to pull for, but that most people seem to prefer pulling for characters over weapons just because it's more fun.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
pulling for weapons sucks rear end

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Kanos posted:

That's a perfectly serviceable main team and lines up with the current meta, which is main damage dealer(Seele), offensive support(Tingyun), healer(Bailu), and defensive support(March).

The skill point system means that adding a second damage dealer to your party doesn't really double your damage output - it can be frequently difficult to feed one fast hunt character enough skill points to spam skill every turn while also keeping everyone buffed and alive, nevermind two, and if you end up fighting enemies that are substantially above your level(which you will if you push as hard as you can in Simulated Universe and Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos), a healer probably won't be able to keep everyone alive alone.

Oh wow I actually managed to achieve meta by accident. Thanks for the info.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Karanas posted:

Oh wow I actually managed to achieve meta by accident. Thanks for the info.

Bronya and Gepard/Fireblazer are technically more "meta" than Tingyun and March, but the roles are completely correct, and even then March covers for a party weakness that Bailu introduces(no debuff cleanse).

Please note that the meta isn't set in stone or anything, that's just the standard pattern team role composition that people have tried and tested and know works. Don't feel like you can't experiment. The general goal is to just make sure that you have some primary source of damage, enough survivability to keep everyone up because a death is a disaster, and some way to feed enough skill points to the DPS source(s) so that they can mash their skill button every single turn.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 18, 2023

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Good to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Endorph posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

pulling for weapons sucks rear end

and also rolling for light cones is boring.

:hai: