Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Good Citizen posted:

I feel like I’ve moved on from fireblazer since I have my Seele hyper carry team and my (under resourced) Clara team and fireblazer has no place in either really

What's your Seele hypercarry team look like? Asking as someone who has Seele and Bronya...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

silvergoose posted:

What's your Seele hypercarry team look like? Asking as someone who has Seele and Bronya...

It’s the boring Seele/Bronya/Tingyun/healer team. Before yesterday when I pulled Tingyun I’d use either Pela or Clara depending on if I wanted the buff stripping or tanking/damage

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Tatsuta Age posted:

bunch of math and number nerds itt. roll on who's cute or you vibe with

this is the way

i will be pulling for kafka because of her ultimate animation

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

It’s the boring Seele/Bronya/Tingyun/healer team. Before yesterday when I pulled Tingyun I’d use either Pela or Clara depending on if I wanted the buff stripping or tanking/damage

I've got it right then, I'm using Natasha and pela and do not have tingyun

Thanks

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
numbers

https://i.imgur.com/Kwv6HvD.mp4

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

silvergoose posted:

I've got it right then, I'm using Natasha and pela and do not have tingyun

Thanks

Yeah you basically got it. I tried running Asta as a kind of generic brand Tingyun style attack buffer for a bit and that was ok but I found Clara or Pela performed better in that slot overall in most cases

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I've found Seele/Ting/Natasha/support#2 too squishy still. Fireblazer/Seele/Natasha/Welt has been my go-to, Welt is practically a second DPS and I've been appreciating his utility over Tingyun. Practically invincible team while still putting out tons of enabled DPS.

Ting got demoted to the B team with Jing Yuan, March, and [future healer]

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What do you guys think would be the best team to jam Gepard and Seele on the same team? They're my only non-MC 5 stars.

Is it still just Tingyun and a healer?

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 18, 2023

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah you basically got it. I tried running Asta as a kind of generic brand Tingyun style attack buffer for a bit and that was ok but I found Clara or Pela performed better in that slot overall in most cases

...tossed a few ten pulls in since I wouldn't mind an early 5* got tingyun x2 so guess I'm building her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JT Jag posted:

What do you guys think would be the best team to jam Gaspard and Seele on the same team? They're my only non-MC 5 stars.

Is it still just Tingyun and a healer?

Gepard/Seele/Tingyun/Natasha would be great, yeah.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Once gepard is stacked enough (i.e. has about 2500 defense and a energy regen rope), you can basically just not run a healer and you're fine. His shields are so beefy that you're usually getting another gepard ult before the shields get knocked down off your team

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Honestly, you might not even need Nat with Gepard on the team.

berenzen posted:

Once gepard is stacked enough (i.e. has about 2500 defense and a energy regen rope), you can basically just not run a healer and you're fine. His shields are so beefy that you're usually getting another gepard ult before the shields get knocked down off your team

Yep, beaten!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also once we start getting to A6 gepard is going to start absolutely rocking damage. Getting 35% of his defense as attack is pretty good when you're getting upwards of 3000+ defense.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Looking them over. Clara might have the best dupe eldieon perks.

Don’t have Clara so im pine’’ing some gems for a new 5* destruction character since I don’t have any. Destruction MC barely counts as one and is so vanilla

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

lost the 50/50 to Himeko, which kind of stinks as I'd pretty much rather have any of the other standard 5* (i have Clara and Seele). At least I finally pulled a Tingyun though. Sitting on a bunch of tickets still and probably going to wait for Silver Wolf, but I did really like JY in his trial. decisions decisions.

I've been running Seele/Clara/March/Asta basically since I pulled Seele, and it does pretty well. Sometimes I replace March or Asta with Natasha if I need heals in SU. Thinking of either dropping Clara into a dedicated team for her or dropping Asta and replacing that spot with Tingyun. Thoughts on this? Asta is surprisingly good at breaking fire weakness enemies, of which there is a decent amount. Clara's a tank and does pretty good damage though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

This was incredibly safe but it still counts :smuggo:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i only rolled one time, so pretty much skipping it.
treated myself to dropping $15 on a gem pack as an extra egg for a character i actually want

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What are the good herta shop 5 star cones? Who do they work best with? Finally scraped up 8 dealies.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What are the good herta shop 5 star cones? Who do they work best with? Finally scraped up 8 dealies.

Hunt seems to be the best if you have Seele, destruction is also pretty good, I use it on MC

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Herta's destruction LC is also good for Hook - basically her BiS light cone in fact

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Otto did nothing wrong

Hmmmm

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Revitalized posted:

Is everyone just saving their Starlight for the 5-star LCs?

Saving mine for finicky 4*. Like the imaginary 4* fox lady who i want to acquire immediately

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I LOVE Sushang so much. she might be my favorite character in the game combat wise

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gonna try to gear up my Asta

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Almost all of the world in the SU can easily be fun to use as long you have the right team on the right path. Elation? Just use Himeko, Herta, Clara. Preservation? March 7th, fire MC, Gepard. Nihility? Hook, Serval, and Sampo. Hunt? Dan Heng, Welt, and Seele.

But I'm kinda scratching my head on Destruction. Trying to figure out how exactly it's supposed to work as your main path. There are some blessings that could be picked on the side but as the focus it just feel kinda underwhelming

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 18, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems very specifically designed for arlan and nobody else. well, and future 5* hp loss characters.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Aw poo poo right. I forgot about Arlan. Lmao

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I somehow managed to get Gepard from the Jing Yuan banner, didn't know that was even possible :S

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

s1ppycup posted:

I somehow managed to get Gepard from the Jing Yuan banner, didn't know that was even possible :S
When you roll on a limited banner, you have a 50/50 shot of getting the limited character or one of the standard pool 5*s when you get a 5* character. If you get a standard pool 5*, your next 5* character is guaranteed to be the limited character. This persists even after the banner switches.

The standard pool 5*s are Bronya, Gepard, Welt, Himeko, Bailu, Yanqing, and Clara.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

s1ppycup posted:

when you roll a 5* on limited banners, you have a 50/50 shot of it being the feature character or a standard 5* character. If you lose the 50/50 by getting a standard, the next 5* is guaranteed to be the feature character. This transfers between limited banners, so even if you sadly don’t get Jing Yuan this banner, you will get the next banner character you shoot for

edit: serves me right for phoneposting

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

blade also has some hp loss mechanics

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

for destruction I think you basically want gepard 100%, since he can 'heal' without taking your team out of the 50% hp zone where you get all your super buffs

I've run it with bailu and basically hanging out in the panic zone and healing when the boss is getting ready for a big attack but that can backfire if the damage is so big it takes you straight to zero

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Having got Himeko on the Seele roll and having put like 70 rolls into it since then I'm basically going to get whatever promoted 5 I want in like nine seconds.

The Honkai games are still gacha whore machines, but they are relatively fair and you can kind of ensure what you want without spending money if you are smart about it. That's what makes them effective. They only screw you a little bit, so it seems fine, so people are like "Eh I'll throw 5/10/20 bucks at it". This, in addition to the whales [There are always whales], prints them money.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Destruction works with any team that can both survive having less than 2k hp almost constantly and first picking the eidolon power eats 40% of team hp on use. A team of seele, fire MC, welt, and bailu that I went hard on destruction with was able to auto battle the entirety of sim 6 including cocolia without any hiccups or triggering the destruction guts blessing.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Seele, Welt, Fire MC and Nat is essentially auto battle any SU with hunt blessings. You'll get so many turns and chain ults it incredible. Auto battled SU3-2 no issue at 60.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The one time I ran Destruction and made it work it was for 4-1 with a Serval/Dan/Tingyun/Nat team. The HP share blessing is nice to keep everyone balanced though it did get spicy a few times. I have yet to get around to replicating my win with Destruction sadly.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

destroyed 4-2 with preservation
my mc's self shield was wrapping around her whole bar and Svarog was attacking and hitting himself for like 20k damage a hit

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Day 2 of Clara and I'm beginning to feel like this March+Clara defensive core isn't really gonna cut it. Too much full party AoE damage. Still a nice unit to have, but probably gonna have to pull for Luocha or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

destruction works fine with anyone tho it requires you to get the heal on getting hit blessing to really feel safe, otherwise just bring a natasha.

e

my first successful su6 run for ref.

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Svarog is just baby :smuggo: