Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Otto did nothing wrong

Otto is up there as one of the most pathetic characters I've seen in fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm guessing Tingyun wants to stack attack as much as possible because of the way it limits her Skill's buff? Does she want energy regen on the one relic slot that can roll that? It seems like it should be possible/desirable to keep high uptime on her Ultimate's buff.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Stacking speed on her is really good, charges her ult faster and her basic attack is surprisingly potent (+40% damage from traces, plus additional damage based on the hypercarry you're buffing with her) and helps rebuild SP for your main attacker to use.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's fair

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Also the most cockblocked

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Re: SU Paths, I feel like people overestimate how much you need a team that synergizes with them to make them useful. I've beaten 4-2 with every single path using the exact same team. Elation woth no follow-ups? Get the one that buffs your ults. Nihility with no dots? Not even slightly a problem, it brings its own dots. Abundance with no healer? That's what the resonance is for. Like, some will be better or worse, but none of the paths are "don't even bother unless you have character X."

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Hey I'm just posting to again lament how the Really Good version of the MC uses a stupid WoW sword instead of a baseball bat, and it bums me out a lot

Why isn't it a burning baseball bat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UHD posted:

I mean that's fine, I just take umbrage with the prydwen guide presenting no other options because "the winning move is to not play" and leaving it at that

My minor gripe about this site is how every time a skill that revives a character is brought up, they're just like "you're loving up if someone is dying." Sometimes you're attempting content that is harder than your characters are prepared for, and Bailu's revive has definitely saved me in such situations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Look love him or hate him, you have to respect that Otto still decided to save Kallen even knowing she was a flaming lesbian and would never love him. He still did it anyway.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

Re: SU Paths, I feel like people overestimate how much you need a team that synergizes with them to make them useful. I've beaten 4-2 with every single path using the exact same team. Elation woth no follow-ups? Get the one that buffs your ults. Nihility with no dots? Not even slightly a problem, it brings its own dots. Abundance with no healer? That's what the resonance is for. Like, some will be better or worse, but none of the paths are "don't even bother unless you have character X."

i have never once brought a healer with abundance because the base resonance is so bonkers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

SU6 is designed to be beatable at 50 and easier at 60. 70 would definitely be overkill, and SU6-2 would probably unlock by then anyway?

While this is true, I feel like it's less about levels than it is artifacts. As soon as characters started getting access to 4* (and up) artifacts, the difference from that basically dwarfs anything else (and if you don't deliberately farm for them at all, your characters are all going to just be using a mishmash of artifacts from those two sets you get from chests).

big cummers ONLY posted:

Hey I'm just posting to again lament how the Really Good version of the MC uses a stupid WoW sword instead of a baseball bat, and it bums me out a lot

It's not a sword, it's a lance

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

While I agree the baseball bat rules, I don't mind the lance myself, and would rather the different paths have diff weapons than just a rainbow bat situation, personally.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I hope the hunt gets a big gently caress off Axe

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

Bow and arrow seems like the most obvious option, given the Aeon in question literally wields that weapon.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

A different weapon for each path means a different animation for each path. I'm good with that. Hoping the path we get from !china is abundance, both because that would be hilarious from a storyline standpoint and because a second healer would be neat.

Meowywitch posted:

Bow is more thematic.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Give us a sick spear to get our Lu Bu on imo. Or don't but make a Lu Bu.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

While Serval and Jing are different, are they different enough that Jing will let you clear content that you couldn't with Serval? That's the most important question I think, when deciding to roll on someone for gameplay reasons. Right now it looks like you can Make Do with Serval, which makes me want to skip him. But maybe my opinion is colored by my preference for Serval's aesthetics and animations

I mean, you can probably clear all content with people you have access to now. It really comes down to whether you think you'll be able to do so in a way that is significantly more enjoyable with a new character.

Eimi posted:

The current weapon might count as "the spear one" since it's a lance.

I imagine we'll get the various prominent weapon types. I'll be surprised if it's not a bow for The Hunt, though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eimi posted:

Do NOT pursue Lu Bu

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I hope that The Hunt gives us a gun.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Abundance gives us a gun.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Qingque is a monster and I wont hear otherwise.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

abundance has no weapon, for we shall "heal" with our fists :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mix. posted:

abundance has no weapon, for we shall "heal" with our fists :v:

Hokuto Shinken-esque healing/attacking would be pretty dope, not gonna lie.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Destruction: Bat
Preservation: GreatSword

what i want

Abundance: Fist
Erudition: Staff
Harmony: Violin or Flute, some kind of musical instrument
Hunt: personally, I want dual pistols
Nihility: not really sure what this is tbh

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just wondering thoughts:

Stuck at Su3 and had to laugh when gephard came back for third time (I died so I don't know if he comes again and died with Bronya(60),Tingyun(50),Nat (50) and Serval (60). I've basically tried to do damage through serval only with bronya,nat and tingyun just supporting her unless they help break. I'm wondering if I need another person that can do as much damage or whether I should try to level tingyun and nat up and try again. Ir whether picking mainly the Hunt path was my downfall.

For an actual silly question, how are you killing those trotters, I'm not able to do enough damage before they run away.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the triple trotter encounter is tough

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've only beaten one trotter at best for the triple trotter thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Destruction: Bat
Preservation: GreatSword

It's a Lance, she even says LANCE AFLAME and LANCE FORWARD for her ult

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
the triple trotters starting out with one immediately trying to run away is rough. Best I've done is get two.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're stacked and overlevelled then focus down the middle one since it flees fastest, then clean up the outsides. If you're not then just let it go and focus on the outside ones you can weakness break. (Perhaps even just focusing on one of them if you're kind of underlevelled).

SU3 should be a bit of a cakewalk at level 60 though unless you've like, got the wrong relics equipped or something

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I've only beaten one trotter at best for the triple trotter thing.

I get two trotters regularly but I have Seele and Bronya, so yeah. Not sure if 3 is even possible, but I guess with good enough relics, probably?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I've done 3 trotters when I had double hunt resonance with refresh to 50% energy on kill. Was able to get 2 trotters low, then blew a bunch of hunt resonance to kill them all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

kirbysuperstar posted:

Mother fuckers never seen a lance before I guess

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

I get two trotters regularly but I have Seele and Bronya, so yeah. Not sure if 3 is even possible, but I guess with good enough relics, probably?

My only 5* being Clara is a pain because she's useless against trotters. They don't attack so she can't counter anything!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jabor posted:

SU3 should be a bit of a cakewalk at level 60 though unless you've like, got the wrong relics equipped or something

Okay, I will try to work on that.

Regarding trotters, wouldn't having Bronya on the team help, since she can call up your strongest character quickly to attack?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

wait does male MC have a diferrent quote then? he says "Lance ablaze"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Excelzior posted:

wait does male MC have a diferrent quote then? he says "Lance ablaze"

It might be ablaze, I'm not sure now, you've put my memories into question

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Characters have different quotes depending on the speed of the game.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Clarste posted:

Never got gotten 3, just requires killing the middle one first and having a strong Seele. If you have anything that adds Energy Regen / Advance Forward it helps, it is just basically getting Seele as many turns as possible. My Relics are eh, still using purple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I put speed shoes on Seele and now after using her skill once she hits over 160 speed and becomes even more ridiculous thanks to her LC. Dunno why I waited so long to actually get her speed up to the breakpoint lol.