Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Did some pulls and got Sushang and got her up Eidolon path 4, Tingyun and Jing Yuan. Now I just need to farm some good relics and think about SU parties as I keep dying on 4-!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also next Trailblazer weapon needs to be a nail bat

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

big cummers ONLY posted:

Hey I'm just posting to again lament how the Really Good version of the MC uses a stupid WoW sword instead of a baseball bat, and it bums me out a lot

Why isn't it a burning baseball bat

true

i refuse to switch to boring sword trailblazer. baseball street punk forever

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's a lance though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

While not as cool as bats lances are still pretty cool

Does lady MC swing the thing like a blade or something?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

true

i refuse to switch to boring sword trailblazer. baseball street punk forever

hell yeah, gently caress swords

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SyntheticPolygon posted:

While not as cool as bats lances are still pretty cool

Does lady MC swing the thing like a blade or something?

No, it's all thrusts. I actually have no idea how someone would think it was a sword.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 19, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well clearly it's just a very thick rapier.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

No, it's all thrusts. I actually have no idea how someone would think it was a sword.
The localization team was not provided with enough context to translate this thread correctly. We regret the error.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Clarste posted:

It's a lance though.

Lance? Foward!

Like MC is telling sombody named Lance to go ahead of them in line or something.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I think people just saw multiple people correcting me to "lance" and decided it would be funny to pretend like they didn't know either, and keep calling it a sword. Fwiw I know it's a lance, I just called it a WoW sword because it reminds me of the weird ugly swords you'd get from raids in WoW. The point of my post is the fire weapon looks stupid and the baseball bat is the best weapon that's ever been in a video game

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think people just saw multiple people correcting me to "lance" and decided it would be funny to pretend like they didn't know either, and keep calling it a sword. Fwiw I know it's a lance, I just called it a WoW sword because it reminds me of the weird ugly swords you'd get from raids in WoW. The point of my post is the fire weapon looks stupid and the baseball bat is the best weapon that's ever been in a video game

oh word?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the baseball bat is just a blunt sword when you think about it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

everything can be a sword if you think hard enough really

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

To be honest, I do dislike the weird plastic-toy look of a lot of fantasy weapons.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Threw 78 pulls at Jing Yuan banner, but I at least won the 50:50. Seele took me 105. Thinking about how to fit Jing Yuan into my team. I normally roll with FireMC, Natasha, Welt, Seele. I'm tempted to drop either FireMC, or Welt, but I think Welt would be better to keep. I also have a Himeko and Clara for 5* but Himeko seems to have fallen off a lot and I benched her from my main team. Haven't really used Clara. Do I really need FireMC?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

To be honest, I do dislike the weird plastic-toy look of a lot of fantasy weapons.

I feel like fireblazer's lance looks more crystalline than anything, which makes sense given Preservation, the Amber Lord, etc.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Yeah, I don't mind the lance because 1. it's a lance (that is actually used like a lance in the Ultimate animation) and 2. it is literally a magical weapon

GateOfD posted:

Preservation: GreatSword

It's a lance dammit!

GateOfD posted:

Abundance: Fist
Erudition: Staff
Harmony: Violin or Flute, some kind of musical instrument
Hunt: personally, I want dual pistols
Nihility: not really sure what this is tbh

IMO they should go outside of just the Paths that you see with the various characters

I want a The Elation form

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 19, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Flowing Thot posted:

Threw 78 pulls at Jing Yuan banner, but I at least won the 50:50. Seele took me 105. Thinking about how to fit Jing Yuan into my team. I normally roll with FireMC, Natasha, Welt, Seele. I'm tempted to drop either FireMC, or Welt, but I think Welt would be better to keep. I also have a Himeko and Clara for 5* but Himeko seems to have fallen off a lot and I benched her from my main team. Haven't really used Clara. Do I really need FireMC?

FireMC isn't filling the same role as Jing Yuan, so it's hard to directly compare them; Jing Yuan is a straight up hypercarry DPS like Seele, whereas FireMC is a defensive support who is focused on keeping the team alive. Whether or not you need FireMC depends entirely on if your team is getting blown up faster than you can kill the enemies, which depends a lot on what content you're doing, your gear level, how built your Natasha and DPS are, etc.

As far as fitting Jing Yuan into your current team, the issue you're going to run into is that it's going to be very difficult to provide enough skill points for both Jing Yuan and Seele to function if you put both of them in the same party, because they're both intensely greedy characters - Seele because of her incredible speed and tendency to take extra turns, Jing Yuan because his talent is 100% dependent on you mashing his skill to build up attacks for his passive or he does zero damage. I probably wouldn't run the two of them together and instead switch between them based on what you're fighting.

Kyrosiris posted:

I feel like fireblazer's lance looks more crystalline than anything, which makes sense given Preservation, the Amber Lord, etc.

Yeah, it's clearly meant to be a big jabby spike of amber because you got it from the amber god.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

IMO they should go outside of just the Paths that you see with the various characters

I want a The Elation form

How would you, like, equip a Lightcone?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

How would you, like, equip a Lightcone?

Use it as a mobile phone cover

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
btw if you haven't noticed the lance is the same lance that Cocolia stabs you with in the cutscene preceding acquiring it, just powered up with fire instead of ice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Powered with the soul of a crazy anime mom

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Kanos posted:

FireMC isn't filling the same role as Jing Yuan, so it's hard to directly compare them; Jing Yuan is a straight up hypercarry DPS like Seele, whereas FireMC is a defensive support who is focused on keeping the team alive. Whether or not you need FireMC depends entirely on if your team is getting blown up faster than you can kill the enemies, which depends a lot on what content you're doing, your gear level, how built your Natasha and DPS are, etc.

As far as fitting Jing Yuan into your current team, the issue you're going to run into is that it's going to be very difficult to provide enough skill points for both Jing Yuan and Seele to function if you put both of them in the same party, because they're both intensely greedy characters - Seele because of her incredible speed and tendency to take extra turns, Jing Yuan because his talent is 100% dependent on you mashing his skill to build up attacks for his passive or he does zero damage. I probably wouldn't run the two of them together and instead switch between them based on what you're fighting.

Yeah I guess swapping out Seele / Jing Yuan depending on context makes sense. Seele is the character I had been building the most so I didn't really want to ever swap her out.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Jing Yuan, Clara, March (and I guess Natasha) running Elation blessings in SU is so goddamn fun.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
So I'm probably one or two rolls away tops from a guaranteed banner character (tried to get Tingyun with no success) but I'm not sure which one to shoot for. This is who I have to work with and I kind of like all characters so I don't have any real preferences but I feel I'm always one character off from really popping off with a team, so who do you think I should get between Jing Yuan, Silver Wolf or Kafka?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Welt/Fire MC/Bailu/Dan Heng is a good team from the characters you have? In terms of meta who to roll for, its hard to say for sure until Silver Wolf and Kafka actually hit and we can judge them for certain.

I will say that Jing Yuan is extremely good as just a general carry to pour all your investment into early game because hes good in both AOE and single target so he can just kind of handle all content in the game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Seems to me that you don't really have a carry (main dps), so Jing Yuan or Kafka maybe? Or I guess maybe Dan Heng is good enough, but his talent giving him a bonus for being buffed makes me feel like he's a little undersupported. You don't have Tingyun, for example, or any other leveled Harmony characters. Anyway, without like a super dps to take advantage of her debuffs, I don't see Silver Wolf being a good choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i will be getting both jing yuan and silver wolf and doing a jing/tingyun/bailu/silver wolf team because all 3 of them being electric means shell always make an electric weakness which will be extremely funny

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Can Silver Wolf not apply her own quantum weakness?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Can Silver Wolf not apply her own quantum weakness?
I'm not sure actually, now that you say it. It says a 'random ally's,' which implies 'the party members besides silver wolf,' but its hardly the only ambiguously worded thing in the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

personally i will be getting both jing yuan and silver wolf and doing a jing/tingyun/bailu/silver wolf team because all 3 of them being electric means shell always make an electric weakness which will be extremely funny

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

I'm not sure actually, now that you say it. It says a 'random ally's,' which implies 'the party members besides silver wolf,' but its hardly the only ambiguously worded thing in the game.

I've seen people say that it also includes herself but I have no idea if that's just hearsay or not.

If I have Bailu by the time Kafka drops I am definitely going to try and make some stupid mono-lightning Kafka/Serval/Tingyun/Bailu team work.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I'm running low on resources trying to build up two teams.

What are the priories I should focus on advancing first? There's so many things to focus on.

Character levels, traces, light cones?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I think anything that says "an ally" includes the user by default. As far as I know, everything that excludes them explicitly says so, like the craftable Abundance LC, Quid Pro Quo.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 19, 2023

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Endorph posted:

Welt/Fire MC/Bailu/Dan Heng is a good team from the characters you have?

Yeah that's who I've been rolling with right now. Thought about replacing Dan Heng early on in the game but he ended up putting in a lot of work once I built him up some.

Clarste posted:

Seems to me that you don't really have a carry (main dps), so Jing Yuan or Kafka maybe?

Sounds like Jing is the way for me to go, then. Thanks all!

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

heavy liquid posted:

I'm running low on resources trying to build up two teams.

What are the priories I should focus on advancing first? There's so many things to focus on.

Character levels, traces, light cones?

Character levels first (there is supposedly some kind of damage penalty for under-leveled characters?), then light cones. Save trace farming for Equilibrium 4, they start dropping purples then.

Going from EQ3 to EQ4, fuel efficiency for character XP/lightcone XP/credits goes up by ~20% but trace materials by ~50-133%.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I think the only place that even really matters for team building is Memory of Chaos and you'll be switching your teams around at least somewhat on a stage by stage basis anyway. Silver Wolf adding her own Quantum weakness 25% of the time isn't really even a factor. If you are brute forcing a stage (ideally first half) you can probably just restart it until you get a string of 75% hits for the element of the other three in the party.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

sandorius posted:

Character levels first (there is supposedly some kind of damage penalty for under-leveled characters?), then light cones. Save trace farming for Equilibrium 4, they start dropping purples then.

Going from EQ3 to EQ4, fuel efficiency for character XP/lightcone XP/credits goes up by ~20% but trace materials by ~50-133%.

Level difference from enemies affects both damage taken and damage dealt, so yeah level itself is an important stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

sandorius posted:

Clarste posted:

Level difference from enemies affects both damage taken and damage dealt, so yeah level itself is an important stat.

Thanks! That makes sense and was kind of what I figured. I was grinding the Golden Calyx for more exp books to get everyone to max level, but then got sidetracked by light cone levels and relics.