Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

sandorius posted:

Character levels first (there is supposedly some kind of damage penalty for under-leveled characters?), then light cones. Save trace farming for Equilibrium 4, they start dropping purples then.

Going from EQ3 to EQ4, fuel efficiency for character XP/lightcone XP/credits goes up by ~20% but trace materials by ~50-133%.

The one caveat to this is that if you're seriously behind on your traces, getting purple trace mats is actually undesirable in the short term because while you can upgrade lower quality trace mats to higher ones, you can't break higher ones down to lower ones.

You'll eventually need a ton of the purple ones, of course, but the purple ones are useless until you've cleared out the blue requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also you can't totally neglect your relics. You don't need perfect 5* relics right away but just filling in some +9ish 4*s with a good main stat will go a long way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heavy liquid posted:

I'm running low on resources trying to build up two teams.

What are the priories I should focus on advancing first? There's so many things to focus on.

Character levels, traces, light cones?
IMO in order of impact

4-5* relics: Don't focus on sets or substats, just main stats.
Character levels.
Traces that actually affect damage in a meaningful way.
Lightcones.
Other traces.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pretty sure Lightcone stats get multiplied by relics and other percentage modifiers so they're pretty important.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah, AFAIK all % stat modifiers on relics work off your character's base stats + their light cone stats, so a neglected light cone is dragging down the efficiency of all of your relics.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My Silver Wolf game plan is to wait until a Quantum Abundance character is released then go mono-Quantum because it'll be really funny.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I wouldn't go farming lightcone xp simply because you get enough to keep everyone within 10 levels of cap without needing to spend fuel farming it, at least as far as I've seen.

But it's definitely worth farming enough trace materials to actually ascend your lightcones and be able to level them up that far.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Endorph posted:

IMO in order of impact

4-5* relics: Don't focus on sets or substats, just main stats.
Character levels.
Traces that actually affect damage in a meaningful way.
Lightcones.
Other traces.

Oh! Wow, okay thanks. I'll focus a bit more on relics, but not go too crazy. Just to get decent main stats at least, and not level them up too far, probably.

Jabor posted:

I wouldn't go farming lightcone xp simply because you get enough to keep everyone within 10 levels of cap without needing to spend fuel farming it, at least as far as I've seen.

But it's definitely worth farming enough trace materials to actually ascend your lightcones and be able to level them up that far.

Okay, thanks. I do have a few characters with light cones that need to be ascended.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 19, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

My Silver Wolf game plan is to wait until a Quantum Abundance character is released then go mono-Quantum because it'll be really funny.

Isn't Fu Xuan supposed to be quantum Preservation? Seems like that should be close enough.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Leaked kits are obviously subject to change, but Fu Xuan doesn't look like a Gepard or March style preservation character; the leaked kit has her applying a general % damage reduction buff to the party, then personally soaking a percentage of the remaining damage taken by allies(and increasing her own max HP by doing so) rather than completely mitigating damage with shields, which might not fly healerless depending on what the values end up being. The tradeoff is that she gets some kind of damage buff based on how much HP she's missing like a destruction character.

Really cool/interesting kit but I have no idea how it's going to play out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Leaked kits are obviously subject to change, but Fu Xuan doesn't look like a Gepard or March style preservation character; the leaked kit has her applying a general % damage reduction buff to the party, then personally soaking a percentage of the remaining damage taken by allies(and increasing her own max HP by doing so) rather than completely mitigating damage with shields, which might not fly healerless depending on what the values end up being. The tradeoff is that she gets some kind of damage buff based on how much HP she's missing like a destruction character.

she has a self heal in her kit, extremely important note

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kanos posted:

I guess she might like that Preservation lightcone in Herta's shop?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Endorph posted:

she has a self heal in her kit, extremely important note

She does, but it only triggers once per battle, so great for speedruns but not going to save you in, say, a sloggy SU final boss fight.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kanos posted:

She does, but it only triggers once per battle, so great for speedruns but not going to save you in, say, a sloggy SU final boss fight.

Hard to be sloggy when the team has 3 damage dealers, including Seele.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Well, sloggy insofar as I'm assuming we're going to be looking at the final SU difficulties being 10 levels above everyone at cap, which is going to be a lot of loving HP to punch through since all the SU final bosses are 3 phases and usually include adds.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Ibblebibble posted:

I think this is leaked as the younger Landau sister, Lynx. 4*. The kit leak is a bit good too.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

heavy liquid posted:

Oh! Wow, okay thanks. I'll focus a bit more on relics, but not go too crazy. Just to get decent main stats at least, and not level them up too far, probably.

Yes get main stats but ffs don't bother with getting 5* relics over 4* relics. The RNG is stupid, especially on the SU relics. It's so much less effective than getting 10 levels on your character and cone it isn't even funny. I still have a blue chest piece and rope on March after farming the HELL out of the defense 5* set and the SU Belobog set.

Don't forget there is a malus to being lower level than the boss, too. Here's me with one character levelled up clearing World 6-2.

I lost JY during Coco's first phase also, he just barely ate it, that wouldn't have happened if he had been 70.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I think the only category where 5* relics really feel mandatory compared to 4*s are speed boots, because 5* speed boots will singlehandedly push a 100 speed character to 120(and thus activate their rope/orb set) whereas 4* speed boots will not without the help of speed substats on other items or a speed set bonus.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't think activating 12% ATK on a set you might not have is mandatory, tbh.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So has it been said anywhere what the plan is for Simulated Universe going forward? Is it supposed to rotate by version like Spiral Abyss in Genshin or will they be adding new levels to it that just get incrementally more difficult as things go on and require a bit of a perpetual grind? I feel like there's pros and cons to either sort of approach honestly. I mean Genshin approach sort of has a grind creep to it, but it's pretty slow and subtle with how the enemy types and mixes have nudged the HP up by like 5% or so increments at at time.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't think there's any expectation that it will rotate? Seems to me like they'd just keep adding new worlds to accommodate new relic sets and new boss fights. They're more comparable to domains in Genshin than the Abyss.

The Memory thing is the Abyss, even if it's less interesting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Simulated Universe will get new worlds and such as the patches go on, presumably. The mirror stuff is the rotating thing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They'll probably have to change the UI at some point though. Switching back and forth between Worlds 3 and 6 is already pretty clunky, so imagine when it gets to like 12.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

I don't think activating 12% ATK on a set you might not have is mandatory, tbh.

Mandatory in that I don't know if 4* speed boots are even really worth the effort on someone slow as hell like Bailu or Fire MC because they're only getting you to like 112 speed or something which isn't really giving you big returns, rather than "get 5* speed boots or delete your account" mandatory.

That said, hitting 120 speed is pretty great if you can do it on everyone, especially if you're running the HP% set that gives 8% ATK to the party on all your supports. Having that on 3 people is like having a mini-Asta in your pocket.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I don't think there's any expectation that it will rotate? Seems to me like they'd just keep adding new worlds to accommodate new relic sets and new boss fights. They're more comparable to domains in Genshin than the Abyss.

The Memory thing is the Abyss, even if it's less interesting.
Also: given that Herta's LCs correspond to the three paths we'll presumably have for the Trailblazer by the end of the Luofu, I assume they'll add the other four as we go to those planets too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

How dare you use facts and logic to imply that we won't have a punch healer.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the real SPD breakpoint is getting more actions per turn, not triggering relics

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Or I guess maybe Dan Heng is good enough, but his talent giving him a bonus for being buffed makes me feel like he's a little undersupported. You don't have Tingyun, for example, or any other leveled Harmony characters.

For what it's worth, that's solely for being targeted by a positive party effect. Nat's heals or M7's shields activate it too, for example.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

For what it's worth, that's solely for being targeted by a positive party effect. Nat's heals or M7's shields activate it too, for example.

Healing to activate it strikes me as an odd use of skill points, but I didn't realize it was activated by AOE effects too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Excelzior posted:

the real SPD breakpoint is getting more actions per turn, not triggering relics

To hit meaningful speed breakpoints for a meaningful amount of bonus turns you're going to need 5* boots anyway(unless your name is Seele or Tingyun), since the first really good speed breakpoint is 134 if I remember the nerdy theorycraft properly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just use Asta and get +40 speed on everyone, problem solved.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Man, I can't wait until my main teams are done so I can afford to build Asta as a side project to launch mono fire super speed squadron and vaporize some specific bosses.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

shrach posted:

I think this is leaked as the younger Landau sister, Lynx. 4*. The kit leak is a bit good too.

I've seen enough leaks to know that she is that yeah :v: I was acting a bit dumb because I was lazy to use the spoiler tag on mobile. Apparently there's a Quantum 5* far down the line whose ult can restore skill points so I might try some crazy Qingque/Lynx/Silver Wolf/that 5* once they're out. Should be pretty funny.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the real mat gate is relic exp. so much relic exp needed yet hardwalled with just feeding lower relics into other relics

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i am beginning to think that making the relic runs faster (in that there's no walking) doesn't actually make the relic grind any better. couple hundred space resin and virtually nothing to show for it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Clarste posted:

Pretty sure Lightcone stats get multiplied by relics and other percentage modifiers so they're pretty important.

I was wondering if that is actually more important than 5* characters, if you are more focused on damage vs getting cool new characters. There is such a damage disparity between many 5* and 4* cones that I would not be surprised if a 4* character with a 5* cone out-damages the inverse, though I have not done any math to know if this is true. Plus they can be moved to new characters, so they are not instantly obsolete if you get someone better of the same class, depending on the effect. For a few of my classes I am not even sure if I have a 4*. Kind of wish this banner had better 4*s or maybe I would give it a shot.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 19, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I ran a relic dungeon a few times yesterday and got orange speed boots for fire MC, then an orange cdmg chest for Bronya. Then ran an SU and got an orange def orb for fire MC. Everyone else has correct (or close) mainstats in purple so I'm probably just going to wait to farm more relics until I hit a wall in progress. I still have a million traces to unlock, plus stocking up on mats for the next ascension down the line.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
My Genshin team was garbage and my relic farming runs weren't even successful every time so the fact that I can actually succeed in HSR and it only takes 20 seconds is a huge step up, even if I still get trash

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pain of Mind posted:

I was wondering if that is actually more important than 5* characters, if you are more focused on damage vs getting cool new characters. There is such a damage disparity between many 5* and 4* cones that I would not be surprised if a 4* character with a 5* cone out-damages the inverse, though I have not done any math to know if this is true. Plus they can be moved to new characters, so they are not instantly obsolete if you get someone better of the same class, depending on the effect. For a few of my classes I am not even sure if I have a 4*. Kind of wish this banner had better 4*s or maybe I would give it a shot.

If you check out their max level stats in the banner previews, Jing Yuan has 698 ATK while his lightcone has 582. So about 45% of his raw ATK before multipliers comes from his weapon (assuming he's using that). Presumably a higher percentage on a 4*. It's also got super good passives, but so do characters so that's a little harder to directly compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Speaking of relics

My Clara's all tricked out now. CR/CD ratio could be better but eh, I got all the main stats I wanted. Time to finally start working on relics for my supports.