Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

esperantinc posted:

I doubt they're even chopped in the store.

They are 100% not chopped in store. The chicken bakes are not made in store either but I think that has been discussed in the thread before.

Apparently my Costco is going to start selling a mango smoothie in the food court. I assume it's going to be delicious but overpriced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
The Hawaii Costcos all have Mango. It's delicious.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

death cob for cutie posted:

the checkout area should have multiple mobile vendors, maybe a juggler or guitarist to spice things up

More entertaining than the gauntlet of HVAC install or water softener sales reps you have to walk through to leave.

I just spent $300 and I gotta get these popsicles back in a freezer it's not a good time to talk about my air conditioner!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I find the pizza to be better if you heat it up to be crispy at like 10 mins at 400.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
After a number of visits I am ready to declare the Lone Tree Colorado Costco as a cursed place and any goons in the area should forsaken it for any other Costco. At least during the daytime hours.

Edit, to be clear this is the congregation, not the clergy who have cursed this location.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 17, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pizza pro tip: if you’re in the mood, get a big ol’ cast iron pan nice and hot with a little oil and throw your slice in there cheese side down for a minute or so. Then you can enjoy the crispy cheese and toppings without ducking your crust up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

esperantinc posted:

I've seen them fill the onion dispenser before. It's just a large sealed bag of chopped onions. A few pounds.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

AKZ posted:

what is wrong with you good lord

look I just want to watch two dudes on stilts juggle bowling pins between them over a cart of provisions that will keep a family of five fed for two months

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I see the Kirkland batteries say “new and improved”! Are they still Duracell crap?

I used to buy those and they always corroded the heck out of my remotes and other electronics.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hed posted:

I see the Kirkland batteries say “new and improved”! Are they still Duracell crap?

I used to buy those and they always corroded the heck out of my remotes and other electronics.

Lithium cells are awesome for remotes because they last a very long time. The extra voltage is also nice for noise hair trimmers.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tag yourself

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7228999419767721262

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm the TikTok link I'm definitely not opening

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i had heard they sell coffins

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

im the guy eating cheese and sausage from the free samples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-S8cgCmQI&t=66s

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

StormDrain posted:

After a number of visits I am ready to declare the Lone Tree Colorado Costco as a cursed place and any goons in the area should forsaken it for any other Costco. At least during the daytime hours.

Edit, to be clear this is the congregation, not the clergy who have cursed this location.

Can confirm. The Costco in Englewood is way more chill.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dick Fontaine posted:

Pizza pro tip: if you’re in the mood, get a big ol’ cast iron pan nice and hot with a little oil and throw your slice in there cheese side down for a minute or so. Then you can enjoy the crispy cheese and toppings without ducking your crust up.

This was how I discovered that making my own homemade pizza was beyond me. The perfect pan crust of my childhood, replicated by day-after pizza, right-side up, five minutes in a hot skillet with some oil.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dick Fontaine posted:

this is how i reheat slices but on its lowest setting and i let it heat up gradually and the crust is super crispy :discourse:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Best food court memories here is when they had Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. They kept pouches of smoked meat in hot water and would open them up and put them on a bun when you ordered. Kosher dill on the side and load it up with onions, sauerkraut and mustard from the condiment bar.

We've fallen so far...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

large hands posted:

Best food court memories here is when they had Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. They kept pouches of smoked meat in hot water and would open them up and put them on a bun when you ordered. Kosher dill on the side and load it up with onions, sauerkraut and mustard from the condiment bar.

Sir, that is an Arby’s.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/iSEq2qS.mp4

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rizz card

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

swish

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

I want to see you negotiate this at a Costco food court

Was a thing in 2020, but as a call-in order. Not something you got right there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Hey babe, want to share my Costco membership card?"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

unless they fill those single use containers that day in store those onions are probably not fresh and so have lost a lot of the oniony compounds

esperantinc posted:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've seen them fill the onion dispenser before. It's just a large sealed bag of chopped onions. A few pounds.

yeah i wouldnt expect the lil cups to be super fresh, but also not very different from what the crank grinder would dispense. maybe not enough people know about them, so they don't get turned over as often as the dispenser would

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

suhhhh girl you want some clearance truffles? That is not a colloquialism, I appreciate value mamacita. Oh you noticed I'm a gold member? That ain't the only gold member on deck ifyaknowwhatimsaying.

That's when she brings up the uncomfortable elephant in the room that while she appreciates the economic 1-2 punch of a $1.50 hot dog WITH refill, there is no longer an onion dispenser and the feeling is gone. That's when you slip that snack size ziploc of lukewarm diced onions out your back pocket- bag em and tag em, she never had a chance.

e: btw one time when I was like 12 we went to Costco with my friend John after junior lifeguards and the costco drink machine was pourin straight syrup and we both spent like 2 days drinking an entire large cup of costco lemonade drink syrup. idk how you gently caress up that much that you just connect the syrup hose to the poo poo, so I choose to believe this was some form of intentional civil disobedience against the shareholders.

I'm sure you can imagine though, the thoughts going through the heads of two 12 year olds who just discovered that the button dispenses syrup. We were doing heavy napkin math on starting our own lemonade biz at school.

Taima fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 18, 2023

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

oof, white card

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

oof, white card

Making sure my daughter sees my executive membership when she's older. So she won't be impressed by a white card from your dusty rear end son.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

drat it, the simpsons did it. Even my life.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Salad is back. Wasn't hungry enough today to get it though

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

mmm yeah I definitely wanted the caesar salad back, not the combo slice

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

costco rotisserie chicken is gross :cb:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Saucer Hovers posted:

I don't like it either, it's a salt bomb. But lots of people like things I don't like and I'm glad it's there for other people :))))

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ethics-wise, yes.
Flavor-wise, occasionally.
Value-wise, I’ve sold for my soul for less.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

All rotisserie that's less then $10 is going to be gross.

It's supposed to be not a delicious meal, its a cheap staple you can do a million things with, all those things including somehow adding more flavor to the meal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rotisserie chicken is a waste. Just buy a whole chicken, spatchcock it and throw it in the air fryer. It's easy as poo poo.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Lotta weird opinions for a five dollar rotisserie chicken. It's good, and cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm off to costco. All this chicken talk got me wantin a slice of pizza and a bottle of gin.