Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's like they knew they couldn't top the breegul bash and just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Whoops, forgot to put this up on Friday.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
All this talk of vandalism and you never blew up the door to the guest room at Jolly's to save yourself a couple of dubloons. :v:

Both doubloons and pieces of eight are references to the Spanish currency in use for most of the Age of Sail, and both were nicknames for specific coins in use.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Ginger Beer could be described as "strong ginger ale" except ale focuses more on the sugar aspect while beer emphasizes the ginger. Both are sweet and gingery. A lot of beer companies do them as well, I don't know if it's a similar brewing process or just a common side-gig that became traditional. Personally my favorites are Bundaberg (more of a typical type) and Fentiman's (goes straight to the sinuses, be warned).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jolly certainly is a character that was made in the 90s.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Dabir posted:

Jolly certainly is a character that was made in the 90s.

Am I imagining it, or did they manage to give his bloops a gay affectation?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bruceski posted:

Yes, Jolly is a pretty blatant gay stereotype, again, this is just how things were then.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Blackeye is one of my favorite NPCs in either BK game. He has more dialogue if you go back and talk to him some more!

Bruceski posted:

A past BT Let's Play mentioned something about "ginger beer" being a homosexual slang (slur?) of some sort, but I'm not an expert on the Queen's English circa 1999.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

C-Euro posted:

A past BT Let's Play mentioned something about "ginger beer" being a homosexual slang (slur?) of some sort, but I'm not an expert on the Queen's English circa 1999.

Ginger Beer is cockney rhyming slang for Queer, so yeah, add that onto the pile.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Judge Tesla posted:

Yes, Jolly is a pretty blatant gay stereotype, again, this is just how things were then.

Yeah, I knew most of the stuff but hadn't caught that one before now. Or had forgotten.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Man the 90s sucked.

And now there are folk in the UK who want things to regress to even BEFORE that time re. LGBTQ rights.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I bet I know why they did it, too. They had the word "jolly" in front of them and reached for a loving thesaurus.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

C-Euro posted:

Blackeye is one of my favorite NPCs in either BK game. He has more dialogue if you go back and talk to him some more!

He's also a big in-joke because he was the original planned villain for Banjo-Kazooie early in that game's development. So here he is, drunk and rambling about what could have been.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Dabir posted:

I bet I know why they did it, too. They had the word "jolly" in front of them and reached for a loving thesaurus.

Nah. Jolly Roger > Jolly Rogering > Homosexuality.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
At least they were progressive enough to make him the mayor? :goleft:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I really like the relaxing vibe this level has. (The option of) Getting rid of the air meter for it was a great idea on Rare's part.

I wonder if they kept iterating with putting in more and more bubbles and alcoves before deciding to just not go down the same pitfall swim down the same pit as games that held on to their air meters for the "you spend your entire time under water" level.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
There is a very long and not very proud tradition of incredibly dirty jokes involving sailors in our country.

And Rare will never avoid a dirty joke given half the chance.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Natural 20 posted:

There is a very long and not very proud tradition of incredibly dirty jokes involving sailors in our country.

And Rare will never avoid a dirty joke given half the chance.

Rum, sodomy, and the lash, as the Royal Navy was famously described.

We're up to PG-rated two out of three. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cythereal posted:

Rum, sodomy, and the lash, as the Royal Navy was famously described.

We're up to PG-rated two out of three. :v:

Three out of three if you count the Breegull Lash... er, Bash. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The twisty underwater passages is definitely high on my list of reasons I'm not much of a fan of Jolly Roger's Lagoon.

And one of the moves is hidden very well...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

oof the first person swimming is really bad this episode, its fine when you were navigating but i had to switch tabs for the boss fight

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah e-10 was invented for hit game Shadow The Hedgehog

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Captain Blackeye is a reference to Banjo Kazooie's original vision of Project Dream, which starred the Captain as the game's villain. I'm also amused at how the group was baffled that Banjo Kazooie was rated E for everyone when my first exposure to the games was a long video detailing all the different things that were purposely innuendos or accidentally ones.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Honestly, I remembered Talon Torpedo being hidden a little better. Maybe it's just because it's literally the only thing of note in the Electric Eels' Lair, which is relatively dangerous...?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I do like this world, one of two from this game I really enjoy. Very relaxing, for the most part.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I gotta be honest, I don't know if the game ever tells you that the running shoes can walk on water now. They certainly couldn't in the last game.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C-Euro posted:

I gotta be honest, I don't know if the game ever tells you that the running shoes can walk on water now. They certainly couldn't in the last game.

I don't think I remember seeing it anywhere.

Maybe if you have Bottles give you the tutorial again?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The tell on the splits is that the real Klungo is the last one to start moving. Wait for all the clones to start moving, then hit the last one.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hello.

It's me.

The weirdo that likes Terrydactyland.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Weeble posted:

Hello.

It's me.

The weirdo that likes Terrydactyland.

There's dozens of us!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's a brown level, but it has dinos, so it's a good level.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Getting clockwork Kazooie reminded me of how stupid the speed runs of the game are. They literally just rush the things and then spend the rest of the game hucking them through tiny gaps in the level geometry to invalidate the game even more than the things normally do.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Two jinjos and he shot the brown one.

FOR SHAME ARGATE.

FOR SHAME.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Natural 20 posted:

FOR SHAME ARGATE.

FOR SHAME.

To be fair, he then tried to stab the other one, but it had magical intangibility.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So the Minjo/Jingo set-up is normally a really good place to figure out the tell of whether a Jinjo is fake, except that the game being turned into a blocky mess by the AA-removal makes it kinda hard to spot.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Natural 20 posted:

FOR SHAME ARGATE.

FOR SHAME.

In their defense they HAD completed the brown Jinjo family before encountering those two.