Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

found all the lightroots, i dunno how many shrines there are but i'm at 142.

i finally started clearing out the absurd amount of quests and side adventures i had gotten, maybe i should go beat the game someday nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/eye_moisturizer/status/1659041843454308352

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Where do you get the actual robot legs I’ve seen some people use? Haven’t found them in any dispenser or as a Flux Construct drop, and I’ve been killing a lot of those.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whelp, I've found two full sets of attack up gear which leads to the horrible question. Which is easier, Lynel parts, dragon parts, or horking down mighty bananas.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Since it came up, from what I understand about durability and fusing:

The base weapon has two durability values, its regular durability and a flat 25(?) fuse durability which doesn't vary by weapon. When something is fused to a weapon, it will use the fuse durability until it hits zero. If the fuse durability is zero, or there's nothing fused to the weapon, it depletes the regular durability. If you un-fuse and then re-fuse to a base weapon, it doesn't replenish the fuse durability.

Don't know much about the durability of weapons or shields that have been fused onto a base though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Whelp, I've found two full sets of attack up gear which leads to the horrible question. Which is easier, Lynel parts, dragon parts, or horking down mighty bananas.

It took me so long to FIND Lynels that I'm actually going to vote dragon bits, but it's not like Mighty Banana's are hard to come by in mass even of you aren't dunking on ninja's if you know where to look.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Is there food pouch upgrade? Cuz I'm just full of food all the time

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Finally got my dream house looking nice: three stories, kitchen, bedroom, rooftop garden, ocean view, I love it.

Zelda better not take THIS one away :argh: keep out you gosh darn royal hermit crab!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Because I'm drowning in white lynel parts but can't upgrade my armour because the only spawn in the game for a normal lynel that I can find puts me through a 20 minute long gauntlet each time?

And that I have to run that gauntlet 6 times to upgrade a my armour?

Yeah this is what I figure.

It does feel like you're being punished for being too good at the game though!

There are definitely going to be Lynels that always spawn in set form. There are for all mobs, and not talking bout the gauntlet. Just somewhere on the map. Where? Who the hell knows lol

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh okay, so they essentially took away the option of buying out the compendium entries by making it so prohibitively expensive.

47,200 ruppees not counting however much it costs for the rare ones that unlock after beating the game, or almost 100 diamonds worth of cash in more clear terms.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Caidin posted:

It took me so long to FIND Lynels that I'm actually going to vote dragon bits, but it's not like Mighty Banana's are hard to come by in mass even of you aren't dunking on ninja's if you know where to look.

I haven't found them in the overworld yet but I know a few underground, one who seems to always be a basic lynel which helps with the early stuff. If dragons were still manipable like in BotW it'd be no question, but I haven't gotten used to where they fly yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Just Andi Now posted:

Since it came up, from what I understand about durability and fusing:

The base weapon has two durability values, its regular durability and a flat 25(?) fuse durability which doesn't vary by weapon. When something is fused to a weapon, it will use the fuse durability until it hits zero. If the fuse durability is zero, or there's nothing fused to the weapon, it depletes the regular durability. If you un-fuse and then re-fuse to a base weapon, it doesn't replenish the fuse durability.
There's a bit of tiering for the fuse durability: a Bokoblin Arm fused only gets 8 hits until it breaks, as opposed to 5 hits un-fused, so its fuse durability is only 3. A Rusty Broadsword fused only gets 16 hits until it breaks, as opposed to 6 hits un-fused, so its fuse durability is only 10. However, I do believe that good bases only max out at ~25 fuse durability - an undecayed Traveler's Sword lasted 45 hits fused as opposed to 20 hits un-fused for me.

As for weapons fused TO weapons/shield, I think it's probably just the fused weapon's base durability before it breaks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know I've been playing too much Tears of the Kingdom, but there was a part in Fast X that was straight up a TotK shrine puzzle solution.

e: Also, I just ran into my first lynel and it hosed me up :gonk:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 20, 2023

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Caidin posted:

There's a banana plateau patrolled by a chief bokoblin and its minions, they had their backs turned but all went into high alert as soon as I grabbed bananas. Fun chase ensued.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

I’m using so many more arrows and bows than I did in botw. I appreciate that Nintendo scaled the usefulness and availability of arrows (somewhat) appropriately.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I love the theme of everyone uniting to rebuild from the end of the world. There’s absolutely a place still for the isolation of Breath of the Wild but Tears of the Kingdom touches upon the resilience of the human spirit in a way you don’t see real often and I’m here for that positive energy.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Hogama posted:

There's a bit of tiering for the fuse durability: a Bokoblin Arm fused only gets 8 hits until it breaks, as opposed to 5 hits un-fused, so its fuse durability is only 3. A Rusty Broadsword fused only gets 16 hits until it breaks, as opposed to 6 hits un-fused, so its fuse durability is only 10. However, I do believe that good bases only max out at ~25 fuse durability - an undecayed Traveler's Sword lasted 45 hits fused as opposed to 20 hits un-fused for me.

Thanks for the correction. I walked away from the post and suddenly remembered bokoblin arms and wasn't sure how that all shook out.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Finally got my dream house looking nice: three stories, kitchen, bedroom, rooftop garden, ocean view, I love it.

Zelda better not take THIS one away :argh: keep out you gosh darn royal hermit crab!

I would like to see the layout

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Crawfish posted:

Oh okay, so they essentially took away the option of buying out the compendium entries by making it so prohibitively expensive.

47,200 ruppees not counting however much it costs for the rare ones that unlock after beating the game, or almost 100 diamonds worth of cash in more clear terms.

You're underestimating how much money there is just lying around

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really don't like that you can view the memories out of order. It makes the story feel pretty disjointed.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kazy posted:

I love this game but it feels like they downgraded a bunch of stuff to shove Ultrahand in.

No elemental arrows, no infinite bombs, no Revali's Gale (I know about pinecones but it is a pain to have to pull 3 items out of inventory then start the fire just to go up, before it was just a button push)

Why do you need elemental arrows when you can fuse anything?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

MrQueasy posted:

Why do you need elemental arrows when you can fuse anything?

I do wish I could set up an item to keep fusing until I cancel it rather than individually fusing every arrow. Same with throwing. I don't want to go into the menu to select every glowy bright seed I toss.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

I really don't like that you can view the memories out of order. It makes the story feel pretty disjointed.

Maybe the developers were really impressed by Kaleidoscope on Netflix

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I think as an improvement, the devs could make it so tapping up will just re-fuse the last item without the pause to show the inventory and confirmation. And also let me favorite items instead of relying on most used. And also just have a better way of traversing the materials list that isn't scrolling through 60 items.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I spent all day in the depths. I thought I’d get all energy wells tonight so I’ve been mining and lighting all roots. Oh. Oh no.

after you you get all 8 batteries (3 wells each) you can double up and overcharge all of them I’m only halfway done lol

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Khanstant posted:

Pinecones lmao. It's called rocket shield, or bomb jump, or spring launcher.

And my dude, I have not fired off an arrow that wasn't elemental or magic in some way on over 100 hours. You get at least 5-6 elemental arrows options for each element, plus other special effects like making enemies fight themselves. You also have homing arrows, and sniper arrows and elemental sniper arrows. Not to mention on demand bomb arrows.

Are there other plentiful things for fire arrows other than fire fruit? Chu jelly would be second. I love a good fire arrow.

And long live the rocket shield, I gotta try spring launcher-ing too. I haven't even shield surfed yet in this one, I gotta get on that.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Heavy Metal posted:

Are there other plentiful things for fire arrows other than fire fruit? Chu jelly would be second. I love a good fire arrow.

And long live the rocket shield, I gotta try spring launcher-ing too. I haven't even shield surfed yet in this one, I gotta get on that.

They pretty much give you unlimited fire fruit, which I appreciate

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Where is the best place to farm fire fruit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The sky islands

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So I spent all day in the depths. I thought I’d get all energy wells tonight so I’ve been mining and lighting all roots. Oh. Oh no.

after you you get all 8 batteries (3 wells each) you can double up and overcharge all of them I’m only halfway done lol

Man, what do you even do with a full energy belt like that?

I'm at just over halfway through my wells and will still run into the time limit on 2 fan gliders before energy really factors. I guess I can run my murder roomba for longer stretches?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I use fire arrows fairly often so I tend to have about 20 fire fruit on me. Also I started getting kind of low on arrows in general lately. I had 100 at one point, but lately doing more main Rito quest stuff and actually skipping some enemy camps on my travels I'm down to 20 or 30 arrows a lot. Stopping to break every box and kill every foe makes it infinite arrows though.

Definitely more than I had or used fire arrows in the last game, and in BoTW I used to buy arrows as much as possible, haven't had to in this one yet. I probably use a fire arrow every fight or two.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of, if you wanna remove the middle man of having a campfire to get an updraft, setting a spicy pepper on fire has the same height as a pine cone thrown at a fire. This was possible in breath of the wild, too, but they actually increased the effect in this game.

Steve Yun posted:

Dunno about the best spot, you can get like 20 by going back to the Fuse shrine every now and then.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

If nowhere else, you can always go back to In-Isa Shrine (the Fuse tutorial)

They replenish, though it's a little more involved than simply walking in and out.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Ok the Tarrey Town quest made me a little misty eyed.

Best side quest in the game? Quite possibly, at least from what I’ve played so far.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ok now where’s the best place to stock up on arrows

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Any place with lots of wooden crates. Usually monster camps, but also some sky islands. Archers at monster camps also tend to drop bundles of arrows.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Ok now where’s the best place to stock up on arrows

Hyrule castle. The areas with special chests also have like 5 boxes stacked up nearby with an X5 x10 each, and enemies and stuff around there drop much more arrows than usual. Easy to come out of there with 50-100 more arrows than you went in with.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Sorry to skip 200 pages of content but I'm still very early in the game and have only one goal: good horses. Has anyone found the good 5-star horses in this game?? My game didn't transfer over my stable from BotW and I want my gorgeous good-rear end 5-star horses back!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

watchoutitsabear posted:

Sorry to skip 200 pages of content but I'm still very early in the game and have only one goal: good horses. Has anyone found the good 5-star horses in this game?? My game didn't transfer over my stable from BotW and I want my gorgeous good-rear end 5-star horses back!

I found one that had enough 4 stars and then pumped it up to 5 at El horso grande

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

watchoutitsabear posted:

If your BOTW file exists on the Switch on that same profile, try registering any random horse and it should reveal your BOTW horses for you. I think it ignores Master Mode horses though.