Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I did not expect Andrew Tate of all shitheads to photoshop a picture of Kiana from Honkai Impact 3rd next to him and post it on Twitter today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I did not expect Andrew Tate of all shitheads to photoshop a picture of Kiana from Honkai Impact 3rd next to him and post it on Twitter today.

It's an extremely what the gently caress move. I feel bad for Kiana.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

On the one hand I don't believe for a second that Andrew Tate would know how to photoshop anything by himself.

On the other would he even have a social media team left at this point?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

who the gently caress is andrew tate

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Be thankful you don't know.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

A human trafficking piece of poo poo who was once a kickboxer and is now the head of a popular incel movement, preaching misogyny to millions of impressionable teenagers on the internet.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I looked it up to see how dumb it was and I don't understand why he did it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

It's an extremely what the gently caress move. I feel bad for Kiana.

Kiana would body him one on one 100% free.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

May every herscherr crush his Fail Body into space dust

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im going to do that to everyone who posts about twitter guys in this thread

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

when twitter infects this thread

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 20, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

im going to do that to everyone who posts about twitter guys in this thread

sampo is a twitter guy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like space game too much

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Got enough starlight to pick a 5* LC.
I currently have:
-Something Irreplaceable
-Sleep Like the Dead
-But the Battle Isn't Over

And I can pick from:
-Night of the Milky Way
-In the Name of the World
-Moment of Victory
-Time Waits for No One

I'm debating between Moment of Victory (for Fire MC. Don't have Gepard yet) and Time Waits for No One (For Bailu). I don't have Welt or Himeko to justify the other two.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have gotten insane value out of Moment of Victory on FireMC, think the abundance one would be overkill since you really only need a healer for two activities.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How much do you intend to chase Kafka? Because she'll really want In the Name of the World too.

Hell, if you have Sampo, he can bench warm it for her, even.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Finally caught up with the main story and this thread, hooray!

Now, some Qs:

Can someone explain to me why it's better to have a support like Tingyun than a second DPS like Dan Heng? Currently running E1 Gepard, Natasha, Dan Heng and Seele and I feel like I could optimize that a bit. I'm at character level 60 (TB41? I think) and Gepard carries hard, but Natasha still feels good to eventually win harder attrition fights, even though it's not exactly fast and she rarely contributes more than generating skillpoints. I kind of want to switch her out once I pull for Luocha when he comes around. I really like the idea of still having healing without sacrifing DPS, but at the same time I'm wondering what her slot could be until then. Also, the whole double DPS issue with Seele and Dan Heng. I sometimes have issues when there's a lot of adds during fights, so maybe I could build up Serval, now that I've kind of given up on pulling for Jing Yuan?

So, would Gepard, Tingyun, Serval, Seele be better instead of Gepard, Natasha, Dan Heng and Seele? Or a different permutation?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Team building and composition really comes down to the specific content you're doing and the weaknesses of the enemies you're facing. For just general running around you can pretty much do whatever you like. For Simulated Universe and Forgotten Hall, you'll want to change your team(s) up quite a bit.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
The main reason is skill points. Most DPS characters are very skill point hungry and someone who can buff the damage they are doing with those while being skill point neutral or positive is very useful. This only really matters in fights where you can't just wipe everything in one turn though, like bosses.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oenis posted:

Can someone explain to me why it's better to have a support like Tingyun than a second DPS like Dan Heng? Currently running E1 Gepard, Natasha, Dan Heng and Seele and I feel like I could optimize that a bit. I'm at character level 60 (TB41? I think) and Gepard carries hard, but Natasha still feels good to eventually win harder attrition fights, even though it's not exactly fast and she rarely contributes more than generating skillpoints. I kind of want to switch her out once I pull for Luocha when he comes around. I really like the idea of still having healing without sacrifing DPS, but at the same time I'm wondering what her slot could be until then. Also, the whole double DPS issue with Seele and Dan Heng. I sometimes have issues when there's a lot of adds during fights, so maybe I could build up Serval, now that I've kind of given up on pulling for Jing Yuan?

So, would Gepard, Tingyun, Serval, Seele be better instead of Gepard, Natasha, Dan Heng and Seele? Or a different permutation?

Like Theswarms mentioned, mainly skill point economy. There are limited skill points to go around, and Tingyun's buff (for example) lasts multiple turns. So that means you can spend skill points more freely on your DPS + use them on your support characters.

How important this is kind of depends on the difficulty of what you're doing. If the content is easy enough that you don't need to use any skill points for support purposes, it obviously wouldn't matter much. But if you actually need to use things like a heal or March's shield, you'll find that you need to sacrifice spending skill points on your DPS.

Meowywitch posted:

I like space game too much

I just finished it today as well.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 20, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i'm TB49 like 2500/*

hope if i make it to 50 tomorrow if i throw some refreshes down

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
each fuel nets you 300 trailblazer xp, it's definitely worth spending them if it gets you another equilibrium level by the end of the week.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I hope I land either Bronya or Welt before I hit the 300 pity so I don't have to feel bad about picking Welt to complete the Astral Express crew and leaving Seele without her bestie/sister/wife.
I hope I get any 5-star character at all on the standard banner before I hit 300, I've just pulled two Something Irreplaceables (and don't even have a better Destruction character than Arlen)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Today's new fight club category is really funny with Clara/Serval/Fireblazer/March. So many follow-up boosts and ultimates are counted as follow-ups right off the bat.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Ended up clearing in 4 round today with Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/Bailu. But really it was just the Seele/Tingyun show, where seele kills every enemy in the first set of turns after getting buffed by Tingyun.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

berenzen posted:

Ended up clearing in 4 round today with Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/Bailu. But really it was just the Seele/Tingyun show, where seele kills every enemy in the first set of turns after getting buffed by Tingyun.
Same but Seele/Tingyun/Fireblazer/Natasha

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

just say I used Seele

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Okay, I'm getting further into the game, and now I'm definitely seeing why people like the writing so much more in this than Genshin. Just digging through trash cans in Belobog alone was great, and there really seems to be a thread of "oh, the MC might actually have some issues" as you interact with unimportant objects just because you can

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

it was actually honkai gakuen kiana which is way funnier

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
It's there a way to speed up jing wans stand guy?

I've used some support characters that seem like they have decent speed stats but the thing is slow as hell and I generally have killed everything with Seele before it hits, at least for material farming.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

When it gets more attacks it speeds up. It starts at 60 speed and gets up to 130 speed depending on number of stacks you get on it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You can speed it up but overall it will never be FAST. It will go after the enemy turn/all your other characters and isn't great at alpha strikes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Does the new event refreshes its rewards every day or is it a one and done? I've been preoccupied with Darkest Dungeon 2 so I haven't even touched it

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

blizzardvizard posted:

Does the new event refreshes its rewards every day or is it a one and done? I've been preoccupied with Darkest Dungeon 2 so I haven't even touched it

it opens a new difficulty daily, and each difficulty has its set of rewards. nothing stopping you from doing it all in one day once everything's unlocked, if you'd like.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

You can speed it up but overall it will never be FAST. It will go after the enemy turn/all your other characters and isn't great at alpha strikes.

It kind of makes him next to worthless for farming calyxes or anything else you can autobattle. The order resets for each battle so big boi almost never gets to act.

But then you get him up against a boss and he's like
https://i.imgur.com/KiWu9K7.mp4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ibblebibble posted:

Today's new fight club category is really funny with Clara/Serval/Fireblazer/March. So many follow-up boosts and ultimates are counted as follow-ups right off the bat.

Did I miss a day somewhere? Mine was single-target boosts and Welterweight doesn't open for another 3 hours.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Bruceski posted:

Did I miss a day somewhere? Mine was single-target boosts and Welterweight doesn't open for another 3 hours.

I'm guessing they're on the Asia server instead of the America one, which has day changes at an earlier (more timezone-appropriate) time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bruceski posted:

Asian server

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Foxians lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Asia, EU and NA servers all open the events at different times (It's incredibly stupid I know)