Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Samael posted:

Asia, EU and NA servers all open the events at different times (It's incredibly stupid I know)
It makes sense that each stage unlocks at the same time as the daily reset. Not sure why events don't start with the daily reset, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Samael posted:

Asia, EU and NA servers all open the events at different times (It's incredibly stupid I know)

As someone on the Asia server I think it kinda rules actually :v:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well drat, now what do I do now that I caught up with the current content. That never happened to me with 3rd and I dropped Genshin early on.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Well drat, now what do I do now that I caught up with the current content. That never happened to me with 3rd and I dropped Genshin early on.

alternately try to clear every level of SU with every path

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea unlike genshin it takes like 2 minutes to clear out your d aily stuff so it feels like something thats fine to keep on the backburner

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Grind some SU or plan out and build teams to push into Memory of Chaos. If you don't care about pushing into MoC, you're basically done for now.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dinged EL4 so decided to take the crew out for a test drive in SU3-3.

Man, time to farm up a ton of poo poo all over again...

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Meowywitch posted:

friends dont let friends gamble needlessly

stop now, friend

If it makes you feel better, I just allocated 70 tickets toward getting the 4* characters, but after 50 rolls ended up getting 5x of the banner characters to have all 3 and ended up with Jing Yuan, so I just used the remaining 20 hoping I would get lucky with a cone. I would never spend real money on that!

Also, for the SU, do you get better rewards at higher SU difficulty levels, or is it dependent on EL? Been waiting until I can do 6-2 before trying to fill out the middle relic section with good relics, just in case those are better (though I guess it means my EL is higher too, since that is why I cannot do it now).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 21, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, higher levels give better rewards.

e: "better" meaning "higher rarity and/or less chance for lower rarity", not "will make your rng rolls better per piece"

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

So, question. Yesterday I unlocked and then beat the second major boss (crazy ice lady), which then unlocked the ability to re-fight bosses for rewards. There are several quests available to go out and beat one of these re-fights pretty much immediately.

The problem is that the game tells me I'm vastly underpowered for them, and attempting them proves that to be absolutely true. I just barely managed to get to the second phase of crazy ice lady and there's no way I could beat her. However, I'm using an all-max-level, max-level-LC, fully-reliced team. There's basically nothing I can improve other than to level the relics, which guides say is very counterproductive at my level (since the resources are limited and all the relics I have are useless long-term).

What the gently caress am I supposed to do to make me not underpowered? The game clearly expects me to be able to beat these refights, but I have no clue how.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Have you been leveling your traces?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zurai posted:

There's basically nothing I can improve other than to level the relics, which guides say is very counterproductive at my level (since the resources are limited and all the relics I have are useless long-term).
those guides are wrong. level your relics. a leveled relic can be fed into another relic and itll give like 80% of the exp it has. so there's very little resource waste.

also be sure your team has both a healer and a shielder.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Have you been leveling your traces?

Yes. Not everyone is fully maxed for my level, but they're all close. I don't see how a couple of percent higher heals for Natasha's talent, for example, would make any difference when I have one character left with 50 HP at the start of Ice Lady's phase 2. I don't even have access to the first really significant traces yet (the A2 one) since this whole system unlocks at trailblazer level 24 and you need TL 30 for that.

Endorph posted:

those guides are wrong. level your relics. a leveled relic can be fed into another relic and itll give like 80% of the exp it has. so there's very little resource waste.

also be sure your team has both a healer and a shielder.

Fair enough. I guess I'll put my efforts towards that today.

And my main team is Gepard, Jing Yuan, Tingyun, and Natasha, with a few other characters also leveled (Trailblazer, Asta, Serval, Dan Heng).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, having decent relic levels is insanely powerful and anyone who tells you not to is dumb.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah even at this level having fully leveled relics should be like a 25%-50% increase to your stats.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Besides, doing SU runs - even if you're not cashing in for ropes and orbs - will give you a lot of blue relic XP items in my experience.

Maybe don't go all the way to like +12 or poo poo but there's no reason to not be +6ing things with good main stats by the time you're at the back half of Jarilo-VI.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah +6 is so cheap and gives good returns, and purple versions of correctly mainstatted stuff is probably worth taking to +9 since it'll take time and RNG to replace. Then when it is replaced, you're only losing 20% of the mats you put in, or you can move it to a lower-priority character.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
threw a bunch of refreshes to hit EL4.
mainly just did it on the ascension mats. argh at about 15-20 for each character.

also trying to remind myself to keep logging into the website each day for the rewards. forgot mihoyo likes having a bunch of web events to get your daily rewards.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Logging into the website is a step too far for me in terms of daily annoyances, so I don't.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah +6 is so cheap and gives good returns, and purple versions of correctly mainstatted stuff is probably worth taking to +9 since it'll take time and RNG to replace. Then when it is replaced, you're only losing 20% of the mats you put in, or you can move it to a lower-priority character.
Also: 5-star relics cost 33% more XP to level than 4-star ones, but only give 25% more of their main stat at the same level. So you're arguably better off with 4-stars in the early game, when you're not getting all the way up to +15 and don't care about substats.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Clarste posted:

Logging into the website is a step too far for me in terms of daily annoyances, so I don't.

I have a window open that just has a bunch of gacha related resources I need to check every now and then so I just keep the mihoyo daily login bullshit open on there too.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
i play on my ipad, so i just go thru the link in the game app itself to open the window

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ugh, I am like 500 stamina shy of hitting Equilibrium 4 today. I wonder if it's worth it to cash in enough jade recharges (it'd be all eight, so 400 jade) to get the improved Simulated Universe rewards next week...

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's 900 jade, not 400. The price goes up with every refresh. And it's a difference of like 30 jade on the reward track.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

berenzen posted:

It's 900 jade, not 400. The price goes up with every refresh.

Does it? Cripes.

Yeah, gently caress that, 400 was just low enough to kinda hem and haw about it, but 900? Nah.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

FractalSandwich posted:

Also: 5-star relics cost 33% more XP to level than 4-star ones, but only give 25% more of their main stat at the same level. So you're arguably better off with 4-stars in the early game, when you're not getting all the way up to +15 and don't care about substats.

Yeah I should probably be keeping some of my purps equipped, but my lizard brain needs everything to be orange asap

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
had 8 rail passes after ascendning my main team, rounded up to do the 10 pull
got dan dupe and a sampo (new char)

didn't know he was a 4* though he was a 5*, oh well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

He's a 3* in my mind.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

homeless snail posted:

He's a 3* in my mind.

Maybe yours is. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I can't believe you'd say that about your pal sampo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah I should probably be keeping some of my purps equipped, but my lizard brain needs everything to be orange asap

yea, i want orange.
but practical wise, i'm not gonna find a much better orange hat for my Yanqing than his current purple.
hats are just flat HP, so its not like a +15orange is gonna make that much of a difference.
and his current purple hat substats are speed, crit rate, crit damage, break effect.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's really strange that genshin and star rail both make you log in to the website for the daily check in when honkai doesn't????

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

GateOfD posted:

had 8 rail passes after ascendning my main team, rounded up to do the 10 pull
got dan dupe and a sampo (new char)

didn't know he was a 4* though he was a 5*, oh well.

Unclear if you already knew this, but you do not need to do a 10 pull to get the guaranteed 4*, 10 single pulls work as well.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
i know, it just looks more balanced that way.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

It's really strange that genshin and star rail both make you log in to the website for the daily check in when honkai doesn't????

Unless I'm missing something, you check in when you play Honkai Impact but there's also a separate check in website just like Genshin and Star Rail.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

honkai 3rd added the web login after they added it to genshin, in addition to the ingame daily login it already had lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have to assume they get some extra cash for making you load their website instead of doing it in game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think they get anything out of it, not like there's a bunch of ads on there, its just to habituate you into thinking about Star Rail every day even if you're not necessarily playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

homeless snail posted:

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

Accurate representation of the dialogue options this game gives when interacting with Sampo.

:negative: