Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean it could happen that Aerial goes berserk but theres plenty of other things that can happen. They are deploying with Cathedra, Shaddiq knows they are going to deploy there and will probably try to use his terrorist to do something. Prospera KNOWS Shaddiq is involved in all this and it wouldn't surprise me if the reason Shaddiq knows is because she went ahead and seeded the info, just to create a position to exploit against him. To me it doesnt make sense for the Aerial to go berserk because it puts Mio in an untenable position against Shaddiq, and the story is already setting up his fall in a way. Him already divesting the companies before he becomes president so theres potential conflict even if he loses, Peil still doing things behind the scene and Feng/The Spacian League looking into QZ.

Also it makes more sense that if you have a giant robot capable of controlling other giant robots that you may want to Puppet the other robots into doing a massacre so you can stop them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Personally I think there is another perfectly valid target for getting hurt by Eri. Someone that killed her father. Part of me wonders if Prospera plans on letting Kenanji die while piloting Aerial to place the blame on him for any protestors on earth dying while letting Aerial do the heavy lifting and forcing his hand.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Regardless of pilot, I figure that a potential protest massacre will end up killing a cast member and a couple of them are flashing death flags or shortening their lifespans just by being in close proximity to Prospera.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Begemot posted:

Re: something going wrong at the protest: it feels relevant that their security detail is also literally the guy who killed Eri's dad.

That was my first thought at him suddenly joining the main cast: if Eri and Prospera remember and catch sight of him somehow there's almost no shot he gets out alive, right?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I like Miomio's business look.

They don't work from a relationship standpoint but drat do Miorine and Guel look sharp as a power couple.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

suck it, clone deniers!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Adun posted:

Also against expectations Prospera actually seems to really care for Suletta?

She's armless not heartless. :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Some artist should get a raise for Suletta's zero-g ugly-crying goddamn.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

BizarroAzrael posted:

Some artist should get a raise for Suletta's zero-g ugly-crying goddamn.

Is it wrong that I just now want to see Suletta leave everyone involved behind and go live somewhere peaceful and happy with Chu-Chu and her five dads?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Waffleman_ posted:

God, what if Suletta ends up fighting Aerial in another MS

If we accept the cut trailer footage she could well be fighting the Aerial Refit in the original Aerial now stripped of Eri. It seems, at this point if we then take the ending into account, that Suletta is going to fill that Eri shaped hole with herself, taking full control of her life.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 21, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Anshu posted:

suck it, clone deniers!

Les Enfants Terribles...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kvantum posted:

Is it wrong that I just now want to see Suletta leave everyone involved behind and go live somewhere peaceful and happy with Chu-Chu and her five dads?

Nah, that's my hope on what I want Suletta to do. It turns out Miorine is just a naive idiot who hurt the precious space tanuki on purpose because she's a loving idiot. Miorine doesn't deserve her.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I have a feeling that El4n might still make a reappearance like Eri has. Still going off the preview, possibly after Suletta fights while experiencing permet pain he awakens from the old Aerial once she goes to a certain level… maybe this is what Miorine was investigating too, finding out the old Aerial still exists, capturing Bel and is going to have her give Suletta a chance to make her own decision on the matter of what’s important to her. I’d much prefer this to Suletta getting in the Schwarzette as that feels unlikely due to Miorine’s lack of knowledge about the suit and Suletta would have to steal it to make that happen. The question mostly is what is the condition for someone getting put into the robot as I don’t think El4n got the same white permet on death that Eri did. Could be someone else in Aerial, maybe the Llfrith AI will make a return more properly?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kanos posted:

I figured that this outcome was being trumpeted from the rooftops by the reveal of the Schwarzette and the entire sequence of Aerial both emotionally and physically rejecting Suletta immediately before Prospera climbs into the cockpit and flies away.

I honestly wouldn't be terribly surprised if Quiet Zero Aerial was the final boss!

Yeah I got a sense that this episode was a potential heel-turn for Aerial from the Hero Gundam to the Villain Gundam.

Also, I cried this episode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something I think we're all missing here; This probably isn't gonna be conventional intervention, not even a Gundam 00-esque "EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING NOW!! :blastu:" one.

We're gonna see Prospera take Quiet Zero for a test-drive because what better demonstration than an isolated conflict everyone's got eyes on?

That little school scene at the top of the episode put the last piece in place for it by confirming literally everything has Permet in it. We are about to see things go horribly RIGHT, as Prospera shows off that Miorine (if not possibly try to present herself as a candidate) is in fact the best next President because look what they can do to just literally switch off, if not control, a conflict.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Middle of watching the new ep, not ready to try catching up on three weeks of posting yet, but I had to express my shock: A loving Haro confessional?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I think we're all missing here; This probably isn't gonna be conventional intervention, not even a Gundam 00-esque "EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING NOW!! :blastu:" one.

We're gonna see Prospera take Quiet Zero for a test-drive because what better demonstration than an isolated conflict everyone's got eyes on?

That little school scene at the top of the episode put the last piece in place for it by confirming literally everything has Permet in it. We are about to see things go horribly RIGHT, as Prospera shows off that Miorine (if not possibly try to present herself as a candidate) is in fact the best next President because look what they can do to just literally switch off, if not control, a conflict.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

GUNDs of the Patriots!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Technowolf posted:

GUNDs of the Patriots!

Lets be honest, this is thread title material, if it wasn't also spoilery.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Technowolf posted:

Les Enfants Terribles...

does that means there's another clone somewhere as a deep cover agent?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Right game, wrong scene. The first time he appears, in the Middle East.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
our precious lesbian children. please stop torturing tomato[

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Suletta seems to have good feelings towards Aerial, and it would be cruel of the writers towards a very likable protagonist to have both her mom and her big metal sister turn their backs on her.

welp

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, they seem to have been emphasizing the thing about how Elan Prime needed the standins so he wouldn't get his permet hosed up the second he touched a Gundam lately, which completely suggests to me that Elan Prime is in fact going to get into a Gundam at some point and WILL get his permet hosed up which will allow El5n to run off and live as his own man

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
So much nun Secelia fanart after this episode

https://twitter.com/Dtjin17/status/1660218573439270912?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Your only choice is to revolutionize the world."

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Secelia Everywhere System

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My thought in the moment was IT'S JOHN CENA SECELIAAA! *fanfare*

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

"Your only choice is to revolutionize the world."

Can we prove that she isn't on the couch here?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Want to know why Chuchu is the GOAT? She actually supported what Suletta wanted, rather than choosing for her. Sure she had to smack some sense into Suletta first but she still recognized Suletta was hurting and pointed her in the right direction to confront those feelings. As well as telling her to stop blaming herself.

Chuchu doing the lord and savior Haro's work.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 21, 2023

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
kinda surprised that prospera really didn't have any further sinister plans for suletta and she's pretty much on the same page as both eri & miorine in cruelly abandoning her to keep her away from conflict for her own good, although she doesn't really care too much

miorine really does seem to be an idiot out of her depth, which is disappointing. what exactly is the point of abandoning suletta so cruelly if prospera & eri were just going to do that anyway with the exact same thinking. why not stand beside her instead and affirm that she has worth beyond just being a gundam pilot if she just wanted to keep her away from conflict for her own good. whatever plan she has seems to just be hoping that the space assembly league can dig up enough dirt on prospera's history to get some leverage out of?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It seems pretty obviously building to a big come to Jesus moment where Miorine realizes that she's basically been treating Suletta the same way her father did with the Holder duels and like "oh my god i'm my dad"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Get rid of the ring, Miorine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wow uhhh

where to even begin with this episode

I guess I'll start by saying I can't believe cum theory is dead in the water

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I know how this looks, but in actual fact, this episode confirms my cryo theory, which the writers explicitly support by implication. If you illiterate dolts can scrub a pair of neurons together, in this essay I will

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With the reveal that Peil chooses their leadership via an AI and the Daribalde still having its AI active last episode, I'm not ruling out a situation just yet where Suletta encounters Llfrith's AI system and shows thst her inner compassion also makes her a blue glowy worthy of piloting a Gundam. I don't think we're done with the artificial intelligence aspect just yet.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Begemot posted:

Re: something going wrong at the protest: it feels relevant that their security detail is also literally the guy who killed Eri's dad.

"For example, if I told your Gundam "kill all the Earthians", it wouldn't matter how you feel."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zeruel posted:

"For example, if I told your Gundam "kill all the Earthians", it wouldn't matter how you feel."

If that was the order given I'd weep for the solar system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

wow uhhh

where to even begin with this episode

I guess I'll start by saying I can't believe cum theory is dead in the water

It being true will be the show's final twist.