Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'd argue Mystique and Ultron are both potentially worse outcomes depending on board state.

It's simple enough to run Patriot without those 2 cards, if a little weaker overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Cattail Prophet posted:

I'd argue Mystique and Ultron are both potentially worse outcomes depending on board state.

the lad patriot lists run doom over Ultron for exactly that reason (and because you don’t need/can’t leverage that much slot filling with sinister/brood)

a blank mystique is clearly worse than a no-ability lad, but you can either not run her or (generally) just play around it easily enough (i.e. no risk if she’s in hand, and no risk if he’s following up an ongoing)

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ugh, I've been tripping over myself all weekend sucking. So, I called upon Agatha to close out my 6 power/draw card/draw card missions and she produced.

Nice of her to summon a Bot for me to beat.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Anyone got any fun off-meta decks they’re running now? In Infinite so want to give something fresh a try.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Iron Lad doesn’t copy power, just text. I don’t know if copying Misty would let him get the Patriot buff, but worst case scenario you still have 6 power there

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

GarudaPrime posted:

Howard just isn't worth 6k, and living tribunal seems pretty bad.
I'd wait to see how good HE looks after a few days out in the wild then get him because he's not rotating down anytime soon.

the first time i saw this card, i thought it applied to both players. i clicked on it and was pretty bummed out when i couldn't see anything... :smith:

also been losing all day but beating a full board darkhawk mystique deck with only my pool one deck felt amazing.

Last King fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 21, 2023

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone got any fun off-meta decks they’re running now? In Infinite so want to give something fresh a try.

Not sure it’s off-meta, but I kind of enjoy Hoogland‘s Kitty-Shuri deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfW1SjJX4YA

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

i hit infinite rank while in pool 2 and i'm running into all sorts of weird decks that terrify me

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Iron Lad doesn’t copy power, just text. I don’t know if copying Misty would let him get the Patriot buff, but worst case scenario you still have 6 power there

it does, one of the reasons he fits so well in patriot lists

(note that this also makes rocks somewhat less bad for lad than they are in other decks)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Is it normal to be Series 4 complete well before Series 3? I've only got 6 cards left to get in S4 (and only 1 that sees a lot of play) but like 40 in S3.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

team overhead smash posted:

I don't have anything -solid- yet but I've been trying to break the game with Big Numbers.

I've been loving around with big dudes with downsides that can easily be turned off. Attuma, Sentry, Destroyer, Doc Oc. Pairing with Armor, Cosmo , Prof X. Then splash of Spiderman, Jeff, Daredevil for mitigation of plans I didn't anticipate.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Should Knull be my first collector’s purchase? He seems pretty useful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lumbermouth posted:

Should Knull be my first collector’s purchase? He seems pretty useful.
What kind of deck are you running

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

victorious posted:

Is it normal to be Series 4 complete well before Series 3? I've only got 6 cards left to get in S4 (and only 1 that sees a lot of play) but like 40 in S3.

There's no major luck in this- you can just math it out. Without any series drops increasing either pool:
You get a series 4 card every cycle of 40 reserves. It will take you ~240 reserves to get your remaining S4 cards (depending how far into the 40 cycle you are).
You get a series 3 card every cycle of 4 reserves(But the S4 card does replace it when it's up). You'll get the remaining S3 cards in ~172 reserves.

You'll also make ~15000 tokens in that many reserves, so you could easily get S4 completed earlier.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
The change I'd like to see to Howard is make him a 1/1, but he starts in your opening hand.

I'm not sure that would make him good, but probably playable at least.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

FlamingLiberal posted:

What kind of deck are you running

The closest I could think for running him would be a Venom destruction deck that I have, but I think Death would probably be a better choice for a 6 drop and I just got her.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Marvel Snap Fact of the Day! If you move Multiple Man off of Miniaturized Lab once it's locked, he won't make a copy there! Keep that in mind!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

The closest I could think for running him would be a Venom destruction deck that I have, but I think Death would probably be a better choice for a 6 drop and I just got her.
Yeah you may just want to save your tokens

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Miniaturized Lab is such a weird location. You can't spawn clones or squirrels or whatever there. I don't think Bifrost will move past it either. If you want to get technical it doesn't make sense how kill effects like Killmonger would hit anyone inside while the effect is live.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Miniaturized Lab is such a weird location. You can't spawn clones or squirrels or whatever there. I don't think Bifrost will move past it either. If you want to get technical it doesn't make sense how kill effects like Killmonger would hit anyone inside while the effect is live.

Mini Lab is simple - you can’t *add* cards. You can destroy them, move them, etc.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This game suffers a lot for not having a codified rulebook that defines terms used in the game. What is the difference between adding, playing, and revealing? Why don't cards that aren't revealed get destroyed by destroy effects? Why does Forge buff a card on Dark Dimension, but Iron Fist doesn't move it? Why didn't Captain Marvel move??? All of these questions have correct answers that are completely invisible to the casual player.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

GarudaPrime posted:

The change I'd like to see to Howard is make him a 1/1, but he starts in your opening hand.

I'm not sure that would make him good, but probably playable at least.

Starts in your hand like Quicksilver or starts in your hand like Agatha? Because the latter is potentially broken.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

ugggh. I've been pingponging around the low 90s for a couple of days now and I'm at a slump. Any deck suggestions to push through this and fight to my first Infinite?

i don't the cards for this, but saw someone playing it and it seemed really fun and strong.

not sure if you're high enough and have the cards to build this out...

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Today's hot location feels like an XCOM 40%

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Double Boosters location makes it fun to play things out bc who cares if you lose. 10/10

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wish the boosters you get from cl and from season caches were free to use on any card. Getting boosters for cards you don't give a poo poo about sucks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I just don't give a poo poo about boosters.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I don't know if I've ever noticed how many boosters I get after a match, I only know that number go up. It's cool that number go up more sometimes now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is Howard useful for anything other than Lad/Jubilee? I can't really see where else I'd put him. I guess maybe retreating on 5 if I'm not going to pull the card I need

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Is Howard useful for anything other than Lad/Jubilee? I can't really see where else I'd put him. I guess maybe retreating on 5 if I'm not going to pull the card I need
Lockjaw maybe?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Howard's probably gonna get more use once more tap cards are released

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Some losses are such bullshit. Of course everyone just happens to run Shadow King in case they hit a Shuri deck, why wouldn't they?

The only thing that could beat me here is if they magically had Jubilee and Infininaut and oh look what they've got...

Finally back in the 60s but not sure for how long. For all the time I've put into this stupid game I should probably suck less than this.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

fyi shadow king is pretty strong right now since most chonks are boosted in some way over just having naturally huge stats

some sera lists in particular are running it regularly

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Devo posted:

Starts in your hand like Quicksilver or starts in your hand like Agatha? Because the latter is potentially broken.

Like Quicksilver, if it was like Agatha it would be hands down the best card in the game and every deck would run it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Artelier posted:

fyi shadow king is pretty strong right now since most chonks are boosted in some way over just having naturally huge stats

some sera lists in particular are running it regularly

It's literally the first time I've seen Shadow King used that I can recall.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Happened to me tonight as well, running a Shuri/Kitty deck. Of course I had priority and they happened to place Shadow King in the lane I played Taskmaster.

They were also running Killmonger, which I sort of expected but wasn't sure if they had it, and thought I might win even if they had it since my Taskmaster would copy Kitty first.

Got me both ways!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Marx Headroom posted:

Double Boosters location makes it fun to play things out bc who cares if you lose. 10/10

This 100%, I ran a deck of stuff I never play and had fun, and now I can boost those cards.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I Shadow King-ed a Kitty in my last game, very satisfying. I then forced them to discard it with Black Bolt.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Anybody got a Star Lord deck to recommend? Because my games are uh...not going well. Still up cubes but that's more because my one blindingly obvious win was an 8 cuber that the opponent stuck out for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Opopanax posted:

It may be easier to center your deck around one card if Howard lets you know when it's coming.

Otherwise, he's super useful for Jubilee/Lockjaw.