Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

All that stuff is a ripoff. You can pick up a 100 pack of safety razors for less than $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Alan Smithee posted:

what's the point of a razor over electric

srs q

closer shave, fewer razor bumps, less messy.

Arguably you don't even save any money with electric too, depending on how often you switch blades.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

closer shave, fewer razor bumps, less messy.

Arguably you don't even save any money with electric too, depending on how often you switch blades.

I use an electric shaver for my head and it doesn’t do a good job on my face at all. It never gets the hairs on my neck so I have to use a razor anyway.

If they work for your hair type it’s great I imagine.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I always forget about the samples at church because I time my trips for later on weeknights to dodge the crowds.

This has worked out to my benefit, because without the samplers, I buy fewer things we don't end up eating anyway. Many things taste great with one bite while you're distracted shopping, but fall flat once consumed in any volume at home.

I understand that the samples are a vital part of church for some people, but I prefer to avoid them.

Does this make me an apostate?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Sample time is the worst time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Samples should be full size and for me only

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Samples are a trap for the old and weak

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Only a fool samples. A wise man simply returns any product that displeases him.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Real goons don't shave

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The samples were weak today. Some yogurt, mens gummy multivitamins, liquid iv, and a health smoothie drink with no flavor that my friend from Oregon described as tasting like "something hippies back home world love". there was a cookie but it was just okay. At least the pizza doesn't disappoint me.

And can confirm, the salad is back in the menu here too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
beard gang rise up

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pizza and hot dogs are the GOAT but one of the hidden upsides of the chicken bake is that you can walk around the store with a chicken bake in one hand, pushing the cart with the other

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

smoobles posted:

Pizza and hot dogs are the GOAT but one of the hidden upsides of the chicken bake is that you can walk around the store with a chicken bake in one hand, pushing the cart with the other

Yeah but why would you want to do that?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sometimes the food court is crowded with families with shopping carts with big screen TVs in them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah but then you’d have to eat the chicken bake.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can't walk around the store eating a hotdog or a pizza?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just eat it in your car in a parking spot as god intended.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Trying to eat a Costco pizza one handed would result in serious injury or death

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I like the chicken bake and its my first amendment right to say so

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I had the chicken bake again for the first time in years a little while ago and it was not as good as I remembered it being when I was a kid, but it was still perfectly fine. Huge though, way bigger than I remembered.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

FPzero posted:

I had the chicken bake again for the first time in years a little while ago and it was not as good as I remembered it being when I was a kid, but it was still perfectly fine. Huge though, way bigger than I remembered.

Yeah but it’s also like half filled and bland.

More filling and a poo poo ton of black pepper might rescue it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

All that stuff is a ripoff. You can pick up a 100 pack of safety razors for less than $10.

Changing to safety razors when I do shave has been great. The fact that church doesn’t sell blades is a travesty. I can get a Bowie knife but not 1000 safety razors for $30? C’mon now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

smoobles posted:

oh god, that goon's farts have become sentient and registered an account

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Corn Glizzy posted:

Changing to safety razors when I do shave has been great. The fact that church doesn’t sell blades is a travesty. I can get a Bowie knife but not 1000 safety razors for $30? C’mon now.

:yeah:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I bought a $700 Roomba (J8+) from Costco today. He's very smart and an overachiever, he vacuumed my bedroom without me asking. Good find at Costco.

smoobles fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 22, 2023

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yesterday I found an old costco executive rebate check I thought I lost 3 years ago and cashed in today, no muss no fuss. PBUC.

Question for thread: I came across the rare item that is on sale at Costco.com but not in the warehouse. I already bough the item at the warehouse, can I get a price match or would I have to buy it online instead and do a little warehouse return?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I got the Toto Washlet from my friendly neighborhood Costco this morning.

I want to shoot water up my rear end just as much as the next person but god drat that thing is an absolutely huge ugly monstrosity . I will be returning it (unused.)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

smoobles posted:

I bought a $700 Roomba (J8+) from Costco today. He's very smart and an overachiever, he vacuumed my bedroom without me asking. Good find at Costco.

I got a Roomba 694 as my holiday party white elephant gift this last year and while I love it, the thing is dumb as gently caress. I feel like I’m constantly rescuing it from “cliffs” or even just because it over corrects when it bumps something and never finds the path down the center. J series worth the investment?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I got the Toto Washlet from my friendly neighborhood Costco this morning.

I want to shoot water up my rear end just as much as the next person but god drat that thing is an absolutely huge ugly monstrosity . I will be returning it (unused.)

whats making you so worried about toilet aesthetics

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Managed to get out of costco spending under 150 bucks yesterday, feels like a common W.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

whats making you so worried about toilet aesthetics

Their bathroom is floor to ceiling mirrors. Also, the floor is a mirror too!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Corn Glizzy posted:

I got a Roomba 694 as my holiday party white elephant gift this last year and while I love it, the thing is dumb as gently caress. I feel like I’m constantly rescuing it from “cliffs” or even just because it over corrects when it bumps something and never finds the path down the center. J series worth the investment?

The J7+ empties itself and will send you photos of random things it found and avoided so you can sanity-check its obstacle avoidance. You can have it go vacuum before you wake up every day since it's got a light although it'll do better at recognizing things when it's bright.

It'll literally avoid poo poo if you've got a dog and are concerned about that, too, and avoids eating wires etc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The J7 does a great job, and it’ll clean a lot faster because of the cameras and mapping, too. I don’t know why Roomba can’t make charging contacts that don’t need to be cleaned so damned often, though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eating a foodcourt caesar salad rn. its good.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tiny Timbs posted:

The J7 does a great job, and it’ll clean a lot faster because of the cameras and mapping, too. I don’t know why Roomba can’t make charging contacts that don’t need to be cleaned so damned often, though.

It's a little better than the i-series but still annoying. The little spinny brush actively smears floor debris across the contact which can then get on the dock.

If they gold plated the things and didn't have the brush touch it you'd be fine, but all the docks are backwards/forwards compatible so maybe they don't want to change design spacing.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Tiny Timbs posted:

I can get a J7+ for free right now, but I have so far avoided any networked cameras in my house, same with Alexa or other virtual assistants, so it sketches me out

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Yeah I don’t know about having a lil’ upskirt bot recording me 24 hours a day.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Got a TV on clearance, it was faulty, returned it and replaced it with a slightly larger tv on clearance as well. Accidentally upgraded. 50" Samsung for $249.97, not bad for a bedroom TV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
The camera is on the front that faces into the dock, so it's only really operating while actively vacuuming. I got a privacy prompt asking whether I wanted it to try and analyze what it was running into, which seemed like good privacy practice. That doesn't eliminate the paranoia of "it's lying and the camera is always on" but it seemed about as decent an implementation of the camera as we're going to get.

Overall I'm very happy with mine, way less futzing emptying out bins and cleaning components than the prior line.

It absolutely sounds like a jet engine when it's emptying garbage into the base though.