Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

yea unlike genshin it takes like 2 minutes to clear out your d aily stuff so it feels like something thats fine to keep on the backburner

Yeah, this game is definitely the easiest to "passively" maintain among the other similar games I play (Genshin and Arknights). Genshin's dailies obviously take *way* longer, and Arknights has the base stuff which isn't too bad but is a little tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

homeless snail posted:

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

:wrong:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

This is why I love being able to pick all of the "Here's the money" options in his daily messages that cause him to freak out

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Just hit e4, now I'm all out of everything

But I made the numbers go up

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sampo ftw

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nephrite posted:

This is why I love being able to pick all of the "Here's the money" options in his daily messages that cause him to freak out

The best Trailblazer is the Trollblazer.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I'm glad these are fun

also better edited than say, the last half of space china and the quests that follow that

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Any temptation I had to go whaling is falling off pretty hard as the realization that the majority of days in this game are going to be logging in for a few minutes in the morning to autobattle through dailies, then autobattling through some stamina burn for a couple minutes at night. And honestly once I hit cap I don't know if I'll bother with the night time stamina burn every day. I don't mean that as a knock on the game, because I'm probably way more likely to keep playing if I don't make any major purchases I'll have reason to regret later, so this minimal level of routine is pretty good for me. Even if the game does end up having substantial power creep over time, I assume they're going to make an effort to keep the story pretty accessible, and it's not like I'll never get a new character again anyway.

On the flip side, getting new characters doesn't feel as pointless as it does in Honkai Impact, where you can't even use them for story content, so I'm still happy to grind dailies and (for now) probably keep my welkin, so I'm not falling off into total indifference here. I'm just not doing mental math about how much it might realistically cost to guarantee y character if I pull on x down the line anymore. If anything I'm feeling more temptation in Genshin, which is a game that requires a lot more active involvement (and that has a huge back log of content that I'm still working through tbf), but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to even level characters in that game, which helps with reducing a desire to collect them all.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Trip report:

Thanks to the advice from the thread, I upgraded the (pretty sub-optimal) relics I had to +3 each and, what do you know, not only did the "you're severely underpowered for this fight" warnings go away, I managed to beat both of the Echoes of War bosses I have available without too much trouble (Cocolia roughed me up a bit, but not enough to take anyone into the red before I could heal them and reapply shields). I'm amazed at how much of a difference there was with that relatively minimal investment. I'm not kidding when I say Cocolia obliterated me this morning, and the only changes were a handful of relic levels.

So, yeah, you all were 100% correct. Thank you. And, in retrospect, and after re-reading the guide in question, I somewhat misinterpreted what it said. It didn't say not to invest in relics at all at low levels, it just said not to spend stamina on farming for them and not to over-invest in them. So, definitely my bad there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Finally reached EQ 3 unlocked basically the actual endgame. Was lucky as hell and ended up getting a 5-star quantum speed foot relic with good substats, so now my Seele is basically locked and loaded, downside being now she's so fast Tianying goes second now and it feels bad

Zurai posted:

Trip report:

Thanks to the advice from the thread, I upgraded the (pretty sub-optimal) relics I had to +3 each and, what do you know, not only did the "you're severely underpowered for this fight" warnings go away, I managed to beat both of the Echoes of War bosses I have available without too much trouble (Cocolia roughed me up a bit, but not enough to take anyone into the red before I could heal them and reapply shields). I'm amazed at how much of a difference there was with that relatively minimal investment. I'm not kidding when I say Cocolia obliterated me this morning, and the only changes were a handful of relic levels.

So, yeah, you all were 100% correct. Thank you. And, in retrospect, and after re-reading the guide in question, I somewhat misinterpreted what it said. It didn't say not to invest in relics at all at low levels, it just said not to spend stamina on farming for them and not to over-invest in them. So, definitely my bad there.
Yeah, upgrading to around level 6 is pretty trivially inexpensive. I tend not to go over that unless it has at least a main stat I want, though.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 22, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finding the purple relic and light cone leveling items don't get used by auto select unless you select the purple was a very much "I'm dumb" moment

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I would describe it more as "the game is dumb", personally. By default it should start with the largest items and then move down to the smallest, not the other way around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game just defaults to not using 4* light cones/relics for exp in autofill, you can change that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Endorph posted:

the game just defaults to not using 4* light cones/relics for exp in autofill, you can change that.
Forget character build guides, I need a guide for every lightcone that will never even theoretically be useful in comparison to the easiest-to-obtain 4-star lightcones, just so I can always nuke those on sight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the amount of exp from a single unleveled 4* lightcone is really low, you might as well just lock them/superimpose them just in case

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

JT Jag posted:

Forget character build guides, I need a guide for every lightcone that will never even theoretically be useful in comparison to the easiest-to-obtain 4-star lightcones, just so I can always nuke those on sight

how could you possibly ever know this

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

JT Jag posted:

Just keep one unleveled superimposed 5x of each type to hedge without taking up much space? Could always level it later if necessary.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Finding the purple relic and light cone leveling items don't get used by auto select unless you select the purple was a very much "I'm dumb" moment

On the flipside, it was awesome seeing my cones struck at 40/40 and then seeing the button and hitting it, and go awesome cause you see you actually have 200 of the purple light one exp. cards

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UHD posted:

how could you possibly ever know this

I'm glad you asked. I was recently granted a boon by God, and that boon was the following - the ability to know all Light Cones that will be released throughout the lifetime of the video game Honkai Star Rail.

I struggle with the ethical implications of this. Am I gaining an unfair advantage over other players by using this knowledge? If I make this knowledge public, will it have unpredictable consequences? For now, I choose to remain silent.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pulled Jing in my hubris going for eidolons

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

Pulled Jing in my hubris going for eidolons

You too eh? I got Gepard so I figured that eh, I would be safe to do one more roll to try and get another Sushang but they had to toss in Jing Yang in there for me too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

I want to keep my 4 star stuff now for other characters so I didn't have it on autofill which is why I missed that I had xp items

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
4* stuff defaults to locked anyway.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i am really hurting for good preservation light cones, blugh

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I picked the Preservation cone in Nameless Glory and then pulled the 5* Preservation cone...

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

someone awful. posted:

i am really hurting for good preservation light cones, blugh

I had the same issue and just gave in and bought the Herta one.

Clarste posted:

I picked the Preservation cone in Nameless Glory and then pulled the 5* Preservation cone...

My biggest fear is spending a lot of a resource on something and then drawing something to make it obsolete.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

one weird trick the desire sensor doesn't want you to know about

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm probably going to pick up Clara's 5* LC from the pity shop despite already having the Herta store one because the Herta one's a pretty good hand-me-down at least. I kinda want the self-sustain from Clara's personal LC.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got to EL4 last night, and... where'd all my battle pass credits go?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gonna pick Nilility one since I have like none

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Goddamn it. Another normal draw, another Sushang. Does she have prefered odds or something? It's the fourth time I've gotten her.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Karanas posted:

Goddamn it. Another normal draw, another Sushang. Does she have prefered odds or something? It's the fourth time I've gotten her.

Yes. that's exactly what she has. 4 times still means you are lucky. Or unlucky. Or :coolfish:.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

instead of just focusing on my 4 to max to 70 as fast as I can, i really should be looking back and invest in my B team so I can actually don't feel gimp trying the last two mirrorverses with 4 undergeared/undertraced characters

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Yes. that's exactly what she has. 4 times still means you are lucky. Or unlucky. Or :coolfish:.

I assume by Normal Draw they meant the standard banner and not the one where she's currently boosted

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Didn't like this shield gimmick in Fight Club at all. It's like... do absolutely nothing until you get an arbitrary number of stacks, after which you're allowed to deal damage. I certainly didn't care about the shields themselves either. Maybe the problem is that I brought the trial Gepard and he's kind of useless here compared to the Fire MC.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I just ignored it and did it with the classic Tingyun/Natasha/Bronya/Seele 🤣

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

I got to EL4 last night, and... where'd all my battle pass credits go?

Same, they really upped the cost of everything. I'm constantly low on funds now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Didn't like this shield gimmick in Fight Club at all. It's like... do absolutely nothing until you get an arbitrary number of stacks, after which you're allowed to deal damage. I certainly didn't care about the shields themselves either. Maybe the problem is that I brought the trial Gepard and he's kind of useless here compared to the Fire MC.

Fire MC trivializes it because the only thing that matters is the amount of times you get shielded, so you just swing -> ult -> swing and everyone comes online.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 22, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I feel like my progress in 3-2 is entirely dependant on if Searing Prowler shows up at all

gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yay, got this doing 6-3. It took some effort not to kill her with Hunt Resonance.