Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

He should open up a food truck called nick de fries

Underrated post

*Nyck de Frys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

He should open up a food truck called nick de fries

He should open his own cheese shop called Nyck de Brie

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

the milk machine posted:

does anyone here play Motorsport Manager? wondering if it’s any good

It's the only motor racing management game worth a drat. Yes, it's also fun.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Nick Latifi part of the Indy 500 qualifying starting

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Diet Crack posted:

It's the only motor racing management game worth a drat. Yes, it's also fun.

I’ve played about an hour now and yeah it’s really fun.

there’s a mod to make it Actual F1-3 but I need to do some computeringc to make it work

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

i like to look at old f1 memorabilia on ebay. i noticed a shitton of it ships from Japan. were they superfans at some point or somethin?

From the late ‘80s, after the Japanese GP started at Suzuka and Honda was winning first with Williams then with McLaren. I’m pretty sure one of the major broadcasters picked it up, and since the European GPS start at 10 or 11 pm it became perfect Sunday night fare for salarymen.

Domestic championships had huge money too, both from auto industry and tobacco. This was the bubble, after all.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

The fact that there's even rumours of De Vries being ditched by race five when AlphaTauri are completely poo poo so him being bad isn't really costing them anything is very funny. The guy has aimed at F1 for most of his life and because he joined a ruthless fizzy drinks outfit instead of somewhere good he's not even going to get half a season.

if he wasn't such a smarmy smug oval office he'd maybe end up with 6 f1 races

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GramCracker posted:

if he wasn't such a smarmy smug oval office he'd maybe end up with 6 f1 races

I'm trying to remember if people picked up on it before DTS? I know I wasn't paying that much attention to his introductory press conferences last august.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sunk Dunk posted:

oh great the next race is monaco

I am excited to see the (lack of) racing in person this year!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

The fact that there's even rumours of De Vries being ditched by race five when AlphaTauri are completely poo poo so him being bad isn't really costing them anything is very funny. The guy has aimed at F1 for most of his life and because he joined a ruthless fizzy drinks outfit instead of somewhere good he's not even going to get half a season.

And Brendon Hartley got how many seasons :xd:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You're better off taking a Williams seat than getting absorbed by the Red Bull machine

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

And Brendon Hartley got how many seasons :xd:

1.0 seasons? I think he was out after one and that's when Kvyat came back in.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

harperdc posted:

It was Albon, who then fell victim to the Red Bull Dream Killing MachineTM.

Shartley has also won Le Mans 3 times lol.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLYSsldne4

F1 replaying 2008 Monaco.

Maybe if they go back to smaller cars in the future you could have better Monaco races. Or better yet just ditch Monaco in the future.

drat, that race is bonkers, one of the most bonkers wet races and I'm a fan of the Brazil wet races. Monaco is a silly place.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vando posted:

Don't know about you but if I was in the market for a GT3 car I'd probably not buy a GT4

MustardFacial for new CEO Ferrari F1.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ewe2 posted:

drat, that race is bonkers, one of the most bonkers wet races and I'm a fan of the Brazil wet races. Monaco is a silly place.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

1 and a bit seasons. 25 races all up. I thought it was 2 full seasons, but he came in at the USGP in 2017.

quote:

Hartley made his Formula One début for Toro Rosso at the 2017 United States Grand Prix, replacing Pierre Gasly, who was absent to take part in the final round of the Japanese Super Formula Championship; he raced with the number 39. He qualified in 17th position after being eliminated during Qualifying 1, but started from 19th position due to engine penalties. He finished the race in 13th position, one lap down on race winner Lewis Hamilton. It was confirmed on 26 October that Hartley would remain a Toro Rosso driver for the remainder of the season, replacing Daniil Kvyat, and he chose 28 (the same number previously used by Will Stevens in 2015) as his permanent race number.

On 16 November 2017 Hartley was confirmed by Toro Rosso as a full-time driver alongside Pierre Gasly for the 2018 season. Hartley scored points at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix with tenth, German Grand Prix with tenth again and the United States Grand Prix with his highest finish in ninth. He finished the season in nineteenth place, four places and 25 points behind his teammate, albeit with two more non-finishes.

On 26 November 2018 it was confirmed that Hartley would not continue with Toro Rosso for 2019. He was replaced by Thai driver Alexander Albon.

Also, I just discovered his wife's name is Sarah.... so SHartley...... :xd:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

get in

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Dudley posted:

MustardFacial for new CEO Ferrari F1.

My first order of business is to fire all of the Italians, Jock Clear, and Inaki Rueda.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Can't take my eyes off that red bit coming from the back of his cap. How tight is that thing? Or does Lewis have a really small head?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Lucasar posted:

Can't take my eyes off that red bit coming from the back of his cap. How tight is that thing? Or does Lewis have a really small head?

Lmfao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
tiny head -> better aero

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Imagine my surprise to find that noted dickhead Santino Ferrucci is not only still kicking around but qualified 4th for the indy 500 lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Looks like it's gonna be a wet Monaco GP boys and girls.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

How big is the average F1 drivers' head?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

Not sure what he’s up to, I don’t think he has an IndyCar seat despite a lot of stories reporting he did last November.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

SocksAndSandals posted:

How big is the average F1 drivers' head?

Kubica's definitely blew out the average

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Imagine my surprise to find that noted dickhead Santino Ferrucci is not only still kicking around but qualified 4th for the indy 500 lol

lmao that noted Bitch Graham Rahal didn't qualify

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

Kubica's definitely blew out the average

+head
-arm

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kirios posted:

Looks like it's gonna be a wet Monaco GP boys and girls.

so its cancelled then

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i just remembered a racing game i had on PC called Screamer?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Screamer 1 and 2 are dirt cheap on gog

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
update: motorsport manager is fuckin great. it's like watching a race and making fun of ferrari for making stupid strategy decisions except i get to make fun of myself for making stupid strategy decisions

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ottawa's Little Italy is doing a Ferrari festival the weekend of June 9. I should go to check out the passione.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ilmucche posted:

Screamer 1 and 2 are dirt cheap on gog

haven't thought of Screamer in like 25 years lol, anyway

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Alaois posted:

lmao that noted Bitch Graham Rahal didn't qualify

That was some quality drama. Four cars vying for the last three spots, three from one team, one driven by the owners son.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

One of the tracks in Screamer always crashes if you play it in the high resolution mode, I didn’t have an internet connection when the game came out so I have no idea if it was ever patched

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

tony quidtana posted:

He looks like a dick. After reading this post I read his wikipedia article; dick status confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tony quidtana posted:

so its cancelled then

No, it's still just gonna be parade laps, but starting behind the safety car so it's somehow even worse.