Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lol I don't play this game to think strategically, I just like to click the mouse and watch the animations.

Well poo poo you're doing it right already. I dunno what else to recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bravesword posted:

I played Marvel Snap for a bit but the card acquisition system drove me nuts. I’d rather be nickel-and-dimed by microtransactions a hundred times over than grind that stupid ladder, unable to build anything new, hoping the RNG gifts me something cool. Add that to the fact that the game will randomly make itself unplayable by doing a featured location that makes game horrendously unfun, and it didn’t take me long to put it aside.

I tried it and was having fun, but I hit a bug where it wouldn't save my ladder unlocks and wouldn't let me play a game until I unlocked the next rung. After two weeks of not being able to play I just Uninstalled and moved on

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

emocrat posted:

Was just complaining about beasts as well. I don't think Wrap God is a problem though, it the banana monkey. I think the change from poison to venom has been great personally, I was really sick of how it warped late game comps previously, and I think this is a good solution. But even reverting that wouldn't affect beasts at all given that the driver is summon/deathrattles. The problem really comes down to when you have an outlier exponential scaling comp compared to everything else being linear.

Yeah Bananarama is the issue. It’d probably be fine if it was the first buff applied and didn’t stack with itself. It gets crazy when you have multiple and Mama bear

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I got the dream of golden felemental, golden bran, golden metalhead dude and a couple of the give me HP battlecry mans. Ended up with a 1779/1779 felbeast and a bunch of other crazy poo poo. Laughed all the banana slammer dudes out of the lobby and never even hit felbat until my final turn. Naga dude actually kept it pretty close and forced me to sell my engine to scale wider. Honestly I'd be pissed to lose 1st with his board.

Still might have lost to a crazy horse I guess but drat

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

RatHat posted:

Yeah Bananarama is the issue. It’d probably be fine if it was the first buff applied and didn’t stack with itself. It gets crazy when you have multiple and Mama bear

Just played a room where the top 5 of 7 went Beast comp and all made it to Tier 6. The winner eventually had a golden Monkey, two Mama Bears, and a regular Monkey. I managed to get second with a golden Monkey, golden Croc, and a regular Baron. Never saw a Mama Bear or Leapfrogger until my final turn (I was playing as Manastorm so not a lot of refreshing anyway)

I kept looking for a way to rotate into a different comp but nothing came up that would have made it possible. Didn’t see any of the Tier 6 Undead cards that could have made it possible to build around the undead horses I had.

I gotta think Beast loses a minion or two, and Monkey gets changed completely.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think the main problem with beasts is the stats are too good, too fast. If you started getting those kind of stats on turn 9-10 it would be fine and very beatable but right now you can get them as soon as turn 6-7 if you are lucky.
Compare it to Nomi who you can get at the same time as bear, but you then need to spend at least a couple of turns ramping up and getting very specific cards to get the engine going, not to mention he is also more susceptible to bad rolls.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I wouldn't touch Wild Ranked except for achievements. For Wild Casual, it really is fun with a diverse group of interesting, entertaining decks. The best part is, if someone is running a try-hard or other obnoxious deck in there, you can just concede without any penalty whatsoever (outside of a select few daily quest progressions). If anyone plays Shadow Essence, Dew Process or Defend the Dwarven District, I'm out. It's a refreshing feeling.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23957164/26-2-2-patch-notes

I feel like these buffs are not meaningful at all

The battlegrounds changes are way more substantial lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ooof I batted .500

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Beasts with nerfs… but it gets Monstrous Macaw back??? What the hell

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Guess I’m a full time control priest player now; with those changes. Nerfing Anub’rekan was so incredibly dumb.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Time for a Rylak meta, I guess. They nerfed some cards it was busted with, at least, but now it gets Macaw too

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Lord Bude posted:

Guess I’m a full time control priest player now; with those changes. Nerfing Anub’rekan was so incredibly dumb.

:qq: 3 armor :qq:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Nybble posted:

Beasts with nerfs… but it gets Monstrous Macaw back??? What the hell
Macaw was only disabled because of a buggy interaction, it was meant to be in the pool after the reshuffle

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It doesn't even go into the same comp, just leapfrog and maybe a rylak one.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Banana dude doubling stats is always going to be problematic in a game with stats getting bigger and bigger.
The minion should be doing something with bananas like they already exist in the game, something like "each time you summon a minion in combat give a banana to all your minions (gold give the big bananas)" or "each time you summon a minion in combat throw a banana on a random minion - repeat (2) times and permanantly upgrade this (make the (2) go up)"

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Frost DK seems solid right now. I definitely hit a pocket of Paladins and jank, but I went 7-2 or so from D2 into legend. Hardcore Cultist is good if you see a lot of Paladins, otherwise Baron feels better.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is still on my mind and i'm maybe 75-ish games playing and revising and my win rate went from 75% to 50% in Casual. Whatever it's super fun. This is a new build so ??? I can't quite get the Minion/Draw package right.

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 1x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
#
AAEBAZ8FAqcFlaYDDogF1AXjBYjoAtn+Ap7NA8zrA/D2A8mgBPmkBIGWBcDEBbjFBbWeBgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr Beens posted:

Banana dude doubling stats is always going to be problematic in a game with stats getting bigger and bigger.
The minion should be doing something with bananas like they already exist in the game, something like "each time you summon a minion in combat give a banana to all your minions (gold give the big bananas)" or "each time you summon a minion in combat throw a banana on a random minion - repeat (2) times and permanantly upgrade this (make the (2) go up)"

At the very least the Banana doubling/tripling should happen before other buffs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
beasts supremacy imo

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I hate this loving game sometimes. I went from Platinum 1 down to Platinum 5. I've lost like 12 games in a row. Garbage.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I hate this loving game sometimes. I went from Platinum 1 down to Platinum 5. I've lost like 12 games in a row. Garbage.

The matchups are so swingy, that’s what determines if I win or lose.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If you play and act like a bot people will think you are a bot and play badly. Sweet.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
"One WEIRD trick to win games" "Human players HATE him"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hearthstone is good when I win and bad when I lose.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

Hearthstone is [...] bad

:hmmyes:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hearthstone is good when I have fun and bad all the time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Also, never got around to saying thanks for everyone's advice. I agree with a bunch of it but a lot of it was coming from having a long streak of lovely draws and games where I didn't have anything to play until turn 3, and getting frustrated and doing dumb stuff. I considered what people said, took a look at the deck I was running and tried to rig it a little better to what it was built for, clawed my way back to Plat 3...

…and then promptly lost seven games in a row. :shepface:

Gave up on that deck and found out I was really close to an undead Priest deck, so I dusted a gold legacy card (Doomsayer, fwiw) and filled out most of the missing bits. Hit plat 2 so my next massive slide should be happening soon! Gotta say though I really miss Hunter. My favorite thing is smashing someone in the face with a big beefy minion.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Mechs are back in Battlegrounds.

Bran, Rylec, Felemental and Magnetic are good.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Banana Slamma is still fuckin' dumb.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Also, never got around to saying thanks for everyone's advice. I agree with a bunch of it but a lot of it was coming from having a long streak of lovely draws and games where I didn't have anything to play until turn 3, and getting frustrated and doing dumb stuff. I considered what people said, took a look at the deck I was running and tried to rig it a little better to what it was built for, clawed my way back to Plat 3...

…and then promptly lost seven games in a row. :shepface:

Gave up on that deck and found out I was really close to an undead Priest deck, so I dusted a gold legacy card (Doomsayer, fwiw) and filled out most of the missing bits. Hit plat 2 so my next massive slide should be happening soon! Gotta say though I really miss Hunter. My favorite thing is smashing someone in the face with a big beefy minion.

I mean there is a pretty decent hunter deck.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Not only is the Hunter deck decent (and doing better with the unholy DK nerf) but it also can run King Krush and the 10/10 rush Mukla for maximum beefiness

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Not only is the Hunter deck decent (and doing better with the unholy DK nerf) but it also can run King Krush and the 10/10 rush Mukla for maximum beefiness

Yea I play the version with Krush and Mukla and the two spells that can summon them and resurrect them. Not convinced it’s better than just playing pure paladin though. The hunter deck sorely needs some more draw, and a way to clear taunts. Paladin is better at moving through your deck with curator and boogie down and order in the court; and Anachronos is great for setting up a kill turn

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 23, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Can you post it? My experience with people telling me I can play "X" deck is usually copy pasting the code and finding I'm missing 6-10 cards.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Can you post it? My experience with people telling me I can play "X" deck is usually copy pasting the code and finding I'm missing 6-10 cards.

This is the more popular way of building it:

### Rockabilly Rexxar
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 1x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Arrow Smith
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Ancient Krakenbane
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (6) Mister Mukla
# 1x (7) Faithful Companions
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAayaBgrhnwTnuQSwkwWqpAWupAXipAX0yAXqygXT+AWvngYKiLIEwNMEuOMEweMEzOQE0OQE6MoF5PUF0vgFsJ4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

But the older alternative method is to Cut Mukla, Faithful companion, Stranglethorn Heart and Krush in favour of 2x School Teacher and 1x Queen Azshara; 1x Collateral Damage.

The mukla/Kush variant is imo better in the current, slower meta. The Azshara build is a faster, more face hunter-y build

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Quiet Feet posted:

That's always tough, and one of the reasons I played so much Face Hunter. It was cheap and good enough for climbing. Hearthstone Top Decks used to have a budget deck guide, but they don't really do it anymore (maybe Old Guardian does on his stream, not sure). I wouldn't craft anything right now since the meta is still developing, and remember to keep 2k gold for the miniset.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

This is the more popular way of building it:

### Rockabilly Rexxar
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 1x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Arrow Smith
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Ancient Krakenbane
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (6) Mister Mukla
# 1x (7) Faithful Companions
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAayaBgrhnwTnuQSwkwWqpAWupAXipAX0yAXqygXT+AWvngYKiLIEwNMEuOMEweMEzOQE0OQE6MoF5PUF0vgFsJ4GAAA=
#

But the older alternative method is to Cut Mukla, Faithful companion, Stranglethorn Heart and Krush in favour of 2x School Teacher and 1x Queen Azshara; 1x Collateral Damage.

The mukla/Kush variant is imo better in the current, slower meta. The Azshara build is a faster, more face hunter-y build

Well, that's not too bad. Missing Stranglethorn, Astolor and one Barrel of Monkeys from the posted deck and Azshara and 1x School Teacher from the other. I guess being down two cards isn't much in either case but those are some pretty heavy cards.

I've been struggling to think of what to replace Astalor with when I see it in a deck. There's just too much going on there. Bone Flinger might be the closest thing in terms of a 2 mana card but has prereq for its damage (friendly undead died after your turn) I don't think anyone is playing Astalor for that sweet 2 damage. So the question is, if you're going to replace it, what effect are you trying to copy? If it's the mid-range minion with armor, closest neutral might be something like Plated Beetle and even that's a stretch. Maybe Rotten Applebaum? If you're trying to replace the final form then probably Alexstrasza or maybe Denathrius. But you can't replace all three without cutting other things from your deck, and then you still don't have the guarantee that you'll have what you want when you want it.

An ETC Band Manager with cheap minion is probably the closest you can get to mimicking the versatility of School Teacher. I usually put a Coroner in mine and from there it's :shrug: but Black Knight can be useful for big taunts that you don't necessarily just want to silence.

fanny packrat posted:

That's always tough, and one of the reasons I played so much Face Hunter. It was cheap and good enough for climbing. Hearthstone Top Decks used to have a budget deck guide, but they don't really do it anymore (maybe Old Guardian does on his stream, not sure). I wouldn't craft anything right now since the meta is still developing, and remember to keep 2k gold for the miniset.

Yeah I've been saving up for a while and I'm a bit over 2k now. For the moment I seem to be gaining ground with undead priest so I'll probably just stick with that until it stalls out.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Astalor is in basically every deck, so personally I’d be making it a crafting priority. Stranglethorn Heart is one of the defining cards of the deck; you can’t play that variant without it; but it’s only useful in that one deck. School teachers are in loads of decks; as is Azshara, both would be pretty good crafts.

Personally, I aggressively dust everything from classes I either have no interest playing, or are just plain bad in the current meta and unlikely to improve - for me this means everything I get that is mage/warlock/warrior gets dusted; and truth be told I’m probably going to start doing the same with DH because I don’t like relic and outcast (or spell really) and I don’t see spell or Big making a comeback any time soon.

If you had any of the nerfed legendaries now is also a good time to dust em IMO.

you might also be interested in the current Paladin deck of choice:

### Pure and full of Grace
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 1x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 1x (7) Anachronos
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Lightray
# 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAdz5AwaG4gSh4gTA4gSvkwWElgWFpQUMyaAE2r0E4tMEgOIEv+IE8u0Eq5MFgZYFg5YFwMQFwcQFtZ4GAAA=
#

It’s also pretty drat good and a good pick for climbing the ladder.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 23, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am still working on this and it is still good dumb fun.

### DiscoTech
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
#
AAEBAZ8FAqcF++gDDogF1AXjBYjoAtn+Ap7NA8zrA/D2A8mgBPmkBIGWBcDEBbjFBbWeBgAA
#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So I got a new phone at the weekend, and tried to re-log into the mobile version. Despite having an account, authenticating and signing in, the game would not let me in to the main menu. Turns out I had to pretend I was a new player to get to the main screen, log in with my normal details, reboot the game because a pop up wouldn't close and then redeem my new player pack