Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
Think I might snap here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Artelier posted:

Anybody got a Star Lord deck to recommend? Because my games are uh...not going well. Still up cubes but that's more because my one blindingly obvious win was an 8 cuber that the opponent stuck out for some reason.

Star Lord works pretty well in Sera, in my experience. Also combos well with Storm and Nebula.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I'd bet everyone having Kitty is why Shadow King is seeing some use now, that would make sense.
Last night I played Xavier on the same lane as someone's Kitty which apparently freezes her in place that was a fun discovery. He really is a jerk

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Got to 99.2 before having 5 straight games where i didn't draw anything i needed. So close to infinite for the first time. I really wanted to get it tonight but I'd rather drop playing at 98.X rather than tilt down to below 90. I'll get there at this point. Slow and steady.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Youremother posted:

Star Lord works pretty well in Sera, in my experience. Also combos well with Storm and Nebula.

Thanks, Storm/Nebula has been doing a bit of work with the Spidey/ProfX and other Guardians shell (except Drax, sorry Drax)

Opopanax posted:

Yeah I'd bet everyone having Kitty is why Shadow King is seeing some use now, that would make sense.
Last night I played Xavier on the same lane as someone's Kitty which apparently freezes her in place that was a fun discovery. He really is a jerk

On top of all that, Shadow King just dropped to Pool 3 so he's relatively easy to get. Expect him to be more common in the future, especially since his effect also hits past Armor

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

New Leaf posted:

Miniaturized Lab is such a weird location. You can't spawn clones or squirrels or whatever there. I don't think Bifrost will move past it either. If you want to get technical it doesn't make sense how kill effects like Killmonger would hit anyone inside while the effect is live.

If Miniaturized Lab is in the middle and Bifrost is right stuff in the left lane won't move on 4

Source: I saw it once

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Off and on today climbed 85-90 with this bounce list.

When I got Bast last month I added her to bounce lists and tried her with some Iron Man/Mystique nonsense but the other day I saw a list a dude posted on Discord that put it all together plus Professor X with Psylocke to ramp him out and Magik to gain another turn's worth of Kitty/Angela/Bishop/Collector activations. I took out Psylocke because, even when I did hit her on T3 for a T4 Prof X, I was too good at playing him into whatever lane my opponent was also playing into with more power. Plus, an extra turn before putting him down means I have an extra turn of prep time and my opponent has only one turn to react. Magik came out because she's just never clicked for me. In went Falcon, because it's not really bounce without him, and Electra, because everybody's playing beefy one-drops these days.

I read somewhere that playing Angela/Collector on T2 or Bishop on T3 if you could be activating Kitty is a trap, and after giving Kitty priority I sure did start winning more.

A T1 Snap when you have Bast and Iron Man in your hand rarely ever blows up in your face. Number gets real big when you play your buffed Iron Man + Demon or Kitty into a lane with Angela or Bishop. Beasting your Angela + a one-drop or two (ideally Kitty) is a solid T4 move and a baller T5 move because Sandman doesn't exist. Sniping their Galactus with your Prof X still feels great.

It sure feels like I'm barely facing any Darkhawks this weekend. Maybe they all curled up and died because I hated them so much.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I think this is the lowest-value board state I've ever gotten to Turn 6 with and won (it doesn't show the +4 to the sidelanes from Mr Fantastic)

victorious fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 22, 2023

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

godogg posted:

It sure feels like I'm barely facing any Darkhawks this weekend. Maybe they all curled up and died because I hated them so much.

I think all your Darkhawks came over to play* with me.

*beat me up and steal my lunch money, er, cubes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

This one's for all the people who hate Galactus decks. (Lad is copying Sera, this was turn 4.)

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Jedit posted:

This one's for all the people who hate Galactus decks. (Lad is copying Sera, this was turn 4.)

Goddamn. I hate paying cube taxes to Galactus decks but if they went away I wouldn't get to experience the greatest feeling in Snap: taking a Galactus player's cubes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

“The feeling when an opponent retreats after you throw an Armor on their Bucky.” <— Inject that into my veins

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Fartington Butts posted:

“The feeling when an opponent retreats after you throw an Armor on their Bucky.” <— Inject that into my veins

I had to look at the post time because I just retreated and looked at this thread and this was the next post I read.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hit infinite for the first time. Feels good. Just in time for everyone to start loving over everyone on ladder because they picked up P2W card High Evolutionary tonight. I will instead be loving over everyone in infinite with P2W card High Evolutionary

I got to 99.0 and was like "I'm only gonna play 2 cube games" and then had a game where I nailed all my cards early so I snapped, then was like "ok, that's the last 'snap' game I'm gonna be in" and next game I didn't hit my full line but hit my Wave against a bounce deck to I wanted 2 before they retreated. Final game was a little more tricky but it was another case of hitting solid locations and just the bare minimum of good hits against a thanos zoo deck.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Artelier posted:

Anybody got a Star Lord deck to recommend? Because my games are uh...not going well. Still up cubes but that's more because my one blindingly obvious win was an 8 cuber that the opponent stuck out for some reason.

I tried to run C5 to get that done but I think I would have been better just subbing him in for the worst card in my normal deck I was running and hoping I didn't draw him instead.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Take your winningest deck with lizard in it, put Star lord in over lizard, hope you don’t draw it

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

cgeq posted:

I think all your Darkhawks came over to play* with me.

*beat me up and steal my lunch money, er, cubes

I warned all y'all.

Ninurta posted:

Motherfuck Darkhawk, again. Why the gently caress am I facing players with this card when I am only halfway through Tier 3?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snap Zone published some early deck ideas for how to utilize High Evolutionary

https://marvelsnapzone.com/high-evolutionary-theorycraft/

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I feel like there's going to be a lot of High Evo right away. The other 3 Big Bads all came out when tokens were still a little harder to come by, or the majority of people were still finishing pool 3. Now we've had token Tuesdays and a few high priced deals with tokens, and knowledge of High Evo coming in May.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Mostly curious what package people run in the remaining slots. HE seems viable but not very exciting to play so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't worry about HE yet, I can barely get through the game as it is today.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Mostly curious what package people run in the remaining slots. HE seems viable but not very exciting to play so far.
You can pick and choose which of the ‘evolved’ no ability cards you want to put in a deck. I’ve seen a lot of discussion that those cards will fit well with Thanos and the Infinity Stones.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bottom Liner posted:

Sunspot and She Hulk seem like good fits since there's a few cards that benefit from unspent energy. Nebula too if you have her

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Youremother posted:

Galactus is a fragile deck, with only one wincon that falls completely apart if they don't draw it/you counter it. I've never lost against an obvious Galactus deck that didn't draw Galactus. It's still poo poo game design though.

I’ve won with nimrod > destroyer > death depending on the locations

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Sunspot and She Hulk seem like good fits since there's a few cards that benefit from unspent energy. Nebula too if you have her
Also Sera and Hazmat

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Nimrod Destroyer is probably the most flexible Galactus variant, honestly if I did have Galactus I'd run him as a secondary wincon in my Destroyer deck. Only 100 tokens away and still unsure if I should get him or Evolutionary...

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
HE looks fun and i wish I had debrii or hazmat or zabu. I also wish I had Luke cage or shadow king to deal with HE opponents. Instead i will simply perish.

I'm guessing Cosmo doesn't stop the unspent energy triggers since those aren't on reveal.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

not having Zabu holds me back from all the cool decks and I am saaaaaaaaalty.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is a weird one - I play without sound because I don't want to bug the poo poo out of my family with Snap music playing all the time, and somehow recently I've noticed the game will just be running when I set my phone down. Like just now my phone buzzed and I looked down and it was on Round 2 of a match I don't recall starting and it buzzed because my round 1 timed out I guess. I've caught it starting games before, too - it'll buzz when I set my phone down and I'll pick it up and a match will just be starting. I don't know what the deal is but its been going on for a while now and its not like I have anything to show their support. Has anyone else had this happen? Maybe I'm getting early onset dementia and don't remember starting games..

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how old is your phone? I know some phones start having ghost presses on the touch screen when they get older and if you're pretty sure you're not hitting buttons in your pocket that could be the case

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
sometimes I hit play when I'm swiping to minimize the app

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I'm on Android, a Galaxy s10e, and I have noticed that sometimes if I swipe up to bring up my phone controls to press the "home" button, which I have set to the middle of the bottom of the screen, Snap can sometimes register the swipe up/tap as if I tapped to start searching for a game. Even if I do exit to home screen it will be searching in the background and will find a game.

To avoid that happening I try to remember to switch to another screen, such as deck manager, before I siwpe up to bring up my phone controls.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Man I really, really hate the new progression system. Losing a couple snapped games in a row and just watching your level fall and fall, it's so demoralizing. I know numbers-wise it's not that different but it just feels worse. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

All that sounds plausible.. My phone isn't THAT old, it's an A71 5g, so like 2020? Is that old for a phone nowadays?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Hobo Clown posted:

Man I really, really hate the new progression system. Losing a couple snapped games in a row and just watching your level fall and fall, it's so demoralizing. I know numbers-wise it's not that different but it just feels worse. :(

I feel you 200% and this is why I appreciate the season pass stuff. I don't really give a poo poo about number going down, as long as another number goes up!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just witnessed a bizarre interaction. Forge played on Sinister London, followed by Hulkbuster on the next turn. The two Forges zapped Hulkbuster, then Hulkbuster merged with Forge. Instead of putting a second "unequipped" Hulkbuster on another location, it cloned the merged Forge. But the weirdest part is, the newly Hulkbustered Forges - BOTH of them - zapped the next card that was dropped, buffing it too! That can't be intentional.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I'm going all in on Grief HE when he drops tonight, I have the full Scorpion-Hazmat-Spiderwoman-Evolved bois lineup and I'm ready to cry when the opponent flips Luke Cage.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kooriken posted:

I'm going all in on Grief HE when he drops tonight, I have the full Scorpion-Hazmat-Spiderwoman-Evolved bois lineup and I'm ready to cry when the opponent flips Luke Cage.

Just bring Rogue to steal Luke Cage.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

All that sounds plausible.. My phone isn't THAT old, it's an A71 5g, so like 2020? Is that old for a phone nowadays?

I'm playing on a phone I bought in January of 2016, so nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Sometimes losing feels real bad. It doesn’t normally get to me, like, at all. You win some, you lose some, especially when there’s some chance involved.

Today I got wrecked by the Raft. I had a pretty decent lead, and a lot of 6s are situational. Not this one! The opponent got a free Infinaut and then their final 6 cost on top of it. Oof.