Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wifi Toilet posted:

Show them you're a sophisticate with refined tastes

:lol:

Hey boss, check this out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Literally A Person posted:

:lol:

Hey boss, check this out!

No you get one of those mousepads with the boobs. HR can't take it away if you tell them it's ergonomic.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

You're supposed to display a pear not a pair

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Quit messing around

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
No for real though, when I worked in an office I pretended to have a personality by collecting novelty pens. For bonus points, you can store them in a novelty mug!

These racecar pens are terrible pens but decent toys: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805088648768.html

You can also try novelty paperclips: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804780146758.html

Or start making money off your coworkers with vending machines: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799897418240.html

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What is the reason why a lot of sites don't let you use image search unless you're using their mobile site or app? Are they making the assumption that you will search using a photo you take with your phone and want to harvest the EXIF data?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm sure that mini zen garden is great until someone dumps all the sand into your keyboard

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

What is the reason why a lot of sites don't let you use image search unless you're using their mobile site or app? Are they making the assumption that you will search using a photo you take with your phone and want to harvest the EXIF data?

Phone data is way more valuable than computer data

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Lol!

I have Triceratops on a motorcycle that I got from the 1.99 list. Its rev-up motor doesn’t work, but I like it anyway.

I’m looking for the link to the dinosaur, but while I’m looking for various bubblegum machine entries, have you considered some light-up truck balls for your desk?

Edit: not :nws:

I keep considering 1, but figure I’ll get bored after the 1st 20 minutes.

How about tiny folding chairs so that you can set up group therapy sessions for whatever action figured you have on tour desk?

Slug whose joints click into place?

Bored fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 21, 2023

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Did they really just order something like this off of AliExpress?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

thank you. I browse ali on desktop where that doesn't appear.

On desktop you can use https://www.aliseeks.com - I find this super useful, especially when I see an ad for something I like but my 'Cheap from China' radar goes ping and I know the seller is making a 250% markup; save image from ad, upload to aliseeks, 9/10 of the time it's the same pic is used in the AliX listngs.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

wheatpuppy posted:

No you get one of those mousepads with the boobs. HR can't take it away if you tell them it's ergonomic.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Just on the off-chance; I googled this up and it was a one-off custom made by an Aphex fan over on a Reddit board, not a real bit of merch. With that said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9ygkxr1khwzp8a/Windowlicker_boobmat.zip?dl=0

Correctly sized print file and pre-vis file zipped on my dropbox for

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003577698069.html

This AliX seller who will put whatever you want on a boobpad. If anyone wants a

mousepad go right ahead :cool:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
No suggestions on desk toys but a newtons cradle always looks good… maybe a little outdated.

These knitting needles arrived Friday and look good, they’re sort of like a knock-off of the “crazy trio” needles that Addi do (Addi is a high quality German brand, very expensive). In comparison to other Aliexpress needles I’ve got they’re quite good, uniform points, no dings or bends.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Any cheap junk I can put on my work desk to seem I have a personality? Serious query

flavor.flv posted:

Speaking of blatant copyright infringement, I got this little baby in my stocking:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0K9G4c

It's actually a sega genesis / mega drive system on a chip like those cheap plug and play consoles that you used to see everywhere before the NES classic came out and everybody forgot about them. It's got composite video out and an internal battery that charges with microusb

There really are 156 games on there. A few stinkers, but there are enough decent games like Streets of Rage 3 and Gunstar Heroes to make it worth it, even if you just get it to leave plugged in on your desk running Mortal Kombat's attract mode with the sound off.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

wheatpuppy posted:

No for real though, when I worked in an office I pretended to have a personality by collecting novelty pens. For bonus points, you can store them in a novelty mug!

These racecar pens are terrible pens but decent toys: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805088648768.html

You can also try novelty paperclips: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804780146758.html

Or start making money off your coworkers with vending machines: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799897418240.html

I went terrarium. Plants are relaxing

I was also considering a nice rectangular short sided clay pot/vase with turf in it. I could then place my hand on it and take deep breaths.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

DRINK ME posted:

No suggestions on desk toys but a newtons cradle always looks good… maybe a little outdated.

These knitting needles arrived Friday and look good, they’re sort of like a knock-off of the “crazy trio” needles that Addi do (Addi is a high quality German brand, very expensive). In comparison to other Aliexpress needles I’ve got they’re quite good, uniform points, no dings or bends.

Thanks for the tip! The best thing I ever bought on Ali was a shitload of row counters for pennies. Other great knitting buys included needle gauges, project bags, portable clippers, and cute scissors

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

This is America.jpg

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

This is America.jpg

:drat:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Main > General Bullshit > AliExpress: Active Shooter Funny Meme Best T-Shirt

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I’d like to point out that after being shown those two choices, AE has now decided I need:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Get drunk and repair some power tools.
A solid plan.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds like an ideal weekend!

I wanted a $40 engine (for no reason) but shipping is another $50 :(

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I'd be really scared about a knockoff Honda GX35 from ali actually being an external combustion engine. Maybe as a little hobby or prototype engine but definitely not something you want powering, say, a lawn or hedge trimmer or landscaping tool strapped to your side.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ceciltron posted:

I'd be really scared about a knockoff Honda GX35 from ali actually being an external combustion engine. Maybe as a little hobby or prototype engine but definitely not something you want powering, say, a lawn or hedge trimmer or landscaping tool strapped to your side.

How about for powered paragliding?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

You could pretend to be a bomber!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lmao

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Make sure you have a parachute.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

Yeah, if you’re trying to do some serious renovation go to Home Depot and rent a high resolution thermal cam. It’s not too expensive that way and it’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever need more than a few rental hours ever in your entire life anyway.

I didn’t realize I could do this. Thank you!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks again to the goon (flashy_mcflash?) who recommended those soft, lightweight blankets/throws. We keep ours on our bed year-round, either by itself in summer or under a duvet for extra, adjustable warmth in the colder months. And it's great to cozy up with on the couch, too. Incredibly soft and comfortable. One of my best Ali purchases!

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Ceciltron posted:

Make sure you have a parachute.

Ali has you covered.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That looks like a very flimsy jump kite.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But think of the lifetime savings! Even after just one use you never have to worry about anything again

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Maybe it's like those chicken helmets, but a parachute.

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Hirayuki posted:

Thanks again to the goon (flashy_mcflash?) who recommended those soft, lightweight blankets/throws. We keep ours on our bed year-round, either by itself in summer or under a duvet for extra, adjustable warmth in the colder months. And it's great to cozy up with on the couch, too. Incredibly soft and comfortable. One of my best Ali purchases!

I tried ordering this one in grey and they messaged me basically saying "cancel the order or file a dispute, we're not sending it". By the time I saw the message, it was too late to cancel, so I had to wait several more weeks to file a dispute and eventually got refunded. The exact same color and size was listed as in stock the whole time (and still is!), so the whole thing felt very scammy.

I'm glad you got yours, at least?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Nestharken posted:

I tried ordering this one in grey and they messaged me basically saying "cancel the order or file a dispute, we're not sending it". By the time I saw the message, it was too late to cancel, so I had to wait several more weeks to file a dispute and eventually got refunded. The exact same color and size was listed as in stock the whole time (and still is!), so the whole thing felt very scammy.

I'm glad you got yours, at least?
I'm sorry--that sucks! I can't vouch for the seller at the first link, but I had no problems getting two blankets from the second link (I think you can look around the store to find more designs).

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Any cheap junk I can put on my work desk to seem I have a personality? Serious query

Gotcha covered right here

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just got a batch of stuff in, so cheap, my 13 year old who never comes back home from her moms we had a brand new pair of $1.99 wireless AirPod knockoffs get here today. Why I can keep my real AirPods for 3+ years and she can’t is why I buy cheap stuff. But she really likes the AirPod tw6 or 7 whatever. Not real Lenovos

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The cheapest stereo earphones I have are like $4 on Temu. They are fine but last only 2-3 hours. Also the contact pins stop charging after a while because cheap plastic deforms and they no longer touch the pins anymore.

Thats why I prefer micro USB mono bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

everdave posted:

I just got a batch of stuff in, so cheap, my 13 year old who never comes back home from her moms we had a brand new pair of $1.99 wireless AirPod knockoffs get here today. Why I can keep my real AirPods for 3+ years and she can’t is why I buy cheap stuff. But she really likes the AirPod tw6 or 7 whatever. Not real Lenovos

I don't know the story behind your redtext but combined with the first half of this post whooo it really paints a picture.