Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

jeeves posted:

I think they only changed the LCARS screens for engineering and nothing else!
From that same page, apparently not even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Every time I watch VI I joke to myself that the above picture is the "Scotty cut one in an enclosed space in Engineering" scene.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MikeJF posted:

The reviews I'm seeing are that it's mediocre as a game but decent as a Star Trek story.

So just like pretty much every Telltale game then

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
ds9 season 2 warms things up so nicely for season 3 in terms of the grand arc and also has a few real standout episodes, like having now seen TOS it was really great to recognise kor/koloth/kang showing up for blood oath, notable mentions also to the wire and necessary evil, probably the lowest point in the season was sisko falling for a spoopy space ghost cause he was sad about wolf 359 but even that was watchable

start of season 3 now and it's great they get a new ship and then promptly get it all hosed up

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MikeJF posted:

The reviews I'm seeing are that it's mediocre as a game but decent as a Star Trek story.

I didn't even know it was going to have gameplay, I was expecting basically a visual novel. If the story works I'm open to it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Timby posted:

Reviews for the Star Trek: Resurgence video game are out and they are very much not good.

for great reasons i usually avoid reading reviews, especially from the easy google hits, but was curious to see wha tyou meant and this one author has this lol line: "The PC version also has some technical issues. There are no graphics settings aside from resolution, and it runs locked at 30 frames per second (though it dipped significantly below that when a lot was happening on screen), but Resurgence looks good enough that I doubt many people will notice." Makes me wonder if they've ever interacted with gamers before. For many of them anything 30fps is declared unplayable. I don't share that perspective but it's common enough to make the line stick out as obviously wrong.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
PC gamers are insane weirdos anyway, I say make them play every game at 5 fps

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DesperateDan posted:

ds9 season 2 warms things up so nicely for season 3 in terms of the grand arc and also has a few real standout episodes, like having now seen TOS it was really great to recognise kor/koloth/kang showing up for blood oath, notable mentions also to the wire and necessary evil, probably the lowest point in the season was sisko falling for a spoopy space ghost cause he was sad about wolf 359 but even that was watchable

start of season 3 now and it's great they get a new ship and then promptly get it all hosed up

The USS Defiant is the coolest ship ever introduced in a Star Trek series.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Scotty cut one in an enclosed space in Engineering"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So just like pretty much every Telltale game then

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

It's amazing that they pulled it off because if they tried doing something like that now it would be dumb and look like a stealth fighter with spikes and Gatling guns and poo poo coming off of it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tighclops posted:

It's amazing that they pulled it off because if they tried doing something like that now it would be dumb and look like a stealth fighter with spikes and Gatling guns and poo poo coming off of it

Yep. But it ain't, it loving rules.

It helps that we saw it engage in more dynamic action than any other hero ship before it. TNG has very little in the way of cool space battle stuff.

e: that reminds me, in TWOK, when Spock is tracking USS Reliant, he never uses the direct article in describing maneuvers, it's never "the" reliant it's always just "Reliant". I'm trying to think if this was done anywhere else.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

e: that reminds me, in TWOK, when Spock is tracking USS Reliant, he never uses the direct article in describing maneuvers, it's never "the" reliant it's always just "Reliant". I'm trying to think if this was done anywhere else.

Voyager.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Timby posted:

Voyager.

Although I just started Voyager last night and Paris goes "it's the Voyager!" when seeing the reflection in Parallax. Speaking of, this is definitely my favourite Star Trek and it's soooooooooo good already.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Timby posted:

Voyager.

And Enterprise.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Arivia posted:

I just started Voyager

quote:

this is definitely my favourite Star Trek and it's soooooooooo good already.

When's the last time you had a head CT scan?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Arivia posted:

Speaking of, this is definitely my favourite Star Trek and it's soooooooooo good already.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 22, 2023

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

zoux posted:

It wasn't consistent but I'm certain TMP had a few uses of Enterprise sans article.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
From my time in the wet navy it was fairly common to drop articles when talking about a ship like that. "Unrep maneuver complete, Lincoln is breaking away to starboard." That kind of thing.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I've already come to the conclusion that Voyager wasn't nearly as bad as people tend to think and Picard/Discovery have only bolstered its position.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It wasn't consistent but I'm certain TMP had a few uses of Enterprise sans article.

Khan and Joachim do it a few times in The Wrath of Khan, as well.

"More than a match for poor Enterprise."

"Enterprise can WAIT! She's not going anywhere!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

From my time in the wet navy it was fairly common to drop articles when talking about a ship like that. "Unrep maneuver complete, Lincoln is breaking away to starboard." That kind of thing.

Yeah it definitely sounded like that, I know Meyer liked to put real Navy poo poo in Trek (like the bosun's whistle in II and VI), and I've wondered if that's what it was.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MillennialVulcan posted:

I've already come to the conclusion that Voyager wasn't nearly as bad as people tend to think and Picard/Discovery have only bolstered its position.
I wouldn't say that necessarily speaks well to Voyager

I rewatched Voyager like a year ago and it was better than I remember, but there are a lot of episodes that are just filler or (especially before season 3) just TNG episodes with the serial number filed off.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
No I'm serious this is my favourite Trek and I'm so glad to be back with my favourites. I missed them all, even Neelix.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Arivia posted:

No I'm serious this is my favourite Trek and I'm so glad to be back with my favourites. I missed them all, even Neelix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTpBN6jKa4

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MillennialVulcan posted:

Voyager at worst is third best Star Trek.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arivia posted:

edit: I've posted this guy's fan renders here before but drat does he keep outdoing himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckJx97IDeU

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 23, 2023

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Arivia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Well Paris says he's hungry and he's a demon and he eats children, so he wins.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cross-Section posted:

edit: I've posted this guy's fan renders here before but drat does he keep outdoing himself

It's crazy how close he's getting to the look of the original model FX.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

MikeJF posted:

i'd say my favorite Star Trek game that tells a Star Trek story is A Final Unity.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
my favorite star trek game is when I watch all my favorite episodes and pretend the crew are my friends

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HD DAD posted:

my favorite star trek game is when I watch all my favorite episodes and pretend the crew are my friends

Okay Barclay calm down.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I only ever watched voyager with an episode guide before, not sure if the bad episodes will make the better ones more watchable when I binge them all or whether it's just gonna get miserable

zoux posted:

hard agree I just love that it gets disabled on the first mission out, but then after they showed a galaxy class getting punked a few episodes before I guess they had to keep making the dominion out to be a big threat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They were a big threat!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Coming up on the home stretch of my TNG journey, I enjoyed this little stretch of Season 6 where Troi gets to be a grizzled Old West bounty hunter and then a Romulan in the span of like three episodes.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
When I was watching a Fistful of Datas the other day I kept waiting for them to release some birds to solve the problem and was really confused when they didn't. I was thinking if the Red Dwarf western episode:classiclol:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Cross-Section posted:

Straight into my veins

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

V-Men posted:

i'd say my favorite Star Trek game that tells a Star Trek story is A Final Unity.

Yep. Only time they ever captured the feeling of playing an episode of the show.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boxturret posted:

When I was watching a Fistful of Datas the other day I kept waiting for them to release some birds to solve the problem and was really confused when they didn't. I was thinking if the Red Dwarf western episode:classiclol:

I thought you would've realized that when there wasn't a scene of Picard and Worf pretending to be Vindaloovians :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

While we're talking about sci fi, do you guys think Dr Who occupies the same pop cultural niche in Britain that ST does over here?