Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

mitch just got an extension

Titties'll do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Titties'll do that

“I’m here to kiss titties and play football…and I’m not very good at football”

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I implore you to not place any emotional investment into the Detroit Lions until they prove that they deserve it.

Haha look at this guy who hasn’t buttchugged Honolulu blue koolaid

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The buzz from rookie Minicamp is Hendon Hooker is legit and is the next Tom Brady as the next football robbit.

He threw a grand total of zero passes, in fact he wasn't even on the field and his leadership abilities shined.

I'd post the gifs, but there wasn't any.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Hizawk posted:

The buzz from rookie Minicamp is Hendon Hooker is legit and is the next Tom Brady as the next football robbit.

He threw a grand total of zero passes, in fact he wasn't even on the field and his leadership abilities shined.

I'd post the gifs, but there wasn't any.

Hendon Hooker is the poo poo. If he was 25 years old coming off a torn ACL, he would've been a first rounder.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sataere posted:

Hendon Hooker is the poo poo. If he was 25 years old coming off a torn ACL, he would've been a first rounder.

I don’t think the ACL affected his draft stock all that much. He fell because he played in what the NFL considers a gimmick offense and because his age raises concerns that he’s already at his physical and mental ceiling.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Sataere posted:

I've got some exciting news for you about his age and recent injury history

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think the ACL affected his draft stock all that much. He fell because he played in what the NFL considers a gimmick offense and because his age raises concerns that he’s already at his physical and mental ceiling.

I heard the criticisms about the offense. I'd rather have Hooker looking good in a gimmick offense than Will Levis looking terrible in a pro style offense.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I love gimmicks and the NFL needs more of them so I’m all in

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Sataere posted:

I heard the criticisms about the offense. I'd rather have Hooker looking good in a gimmick offense than Will Levis looking terrible in a pro style offense.

The gamble is that you can turn Will Levis into the next Josh Allen, but as his drop shows teams clearly think you shouldn't bank on that happening

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kevin Warren's work on the B1G TV deal doesn't sound as impressive, watch out Arlington Heights stadium deal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37693310/big-ten-new-commissioner-television-deal-coaches-uncertainty

quote:

Lastly, Petitti prioritized the official completion of the massive television contract worth more than $7 billion negotiated by his predecessor, Kevin Warren. This issue may have seemed like a mere formality, but complications to the much-celebrated deal arose soon after he accepted the job.

Nearly three months before the season kicks off and those TV deals begin, the Big Ten does not have completed longform contracts, which include the fine print details. Instead, Petitti is engaged in significant "horse trading," according to multiple sources, to get the NBC primetime deal finished and figure out what the network calls "outstanding issues" in order to uphold as much value as possible.

"These deals aren't done, and they aren't what they were represented to be from the standpoint of the NBC deal and the availability of all members to participate in November games in primetime," said an industry source.

Interviews with nearly a dozen sources in and around the Big Ten and the college sports industry paint a picture of Petitti sprinting to navigate details left unresolved from his predecessor.

As a result, there's a trail of unhappy athletic directors seeing money disappearing from their bottom line, frustrated television executives and big-name coaches irked about the lack of transparency in details that weren't communicated to them.

Kevin Warren took over as Big Ten commissioner in January 2020, and in just three years at the helm, he dealt with the COVID-19 pandemic, helped bring USC and UCLA into the conference in a landscape-altering deal, and secured the massive TV payday before heading back to the NFL as team president and CEO of the Chicago Bears.

When he accepted that job, he said he was leaving the Big Ten in a "demonstratively better position," which was true financially as its schools project more revenue than any league over the course of the deal. His work adding USC and UCLA, who join the conference after the 2023-24 season, was widely praised by members and provided a financial jolt to the television deal.

On campus, it's a bit more muddled. Big Ten schools have seen potential revenue disappear the past few months from a contract that was announced back in August as being worth an average of nearly $1 billion per year through the 2029 football season. More than $70 million in total is suddenly in flux -- nearly $5 million per school -- and it has left administrators around the league seeking answers and calling for financial accountability.

Recently, schools have found out:

They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)

They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.

There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Multiple sources told ESPN there's been pushback from a number of schools, including Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, to play those late-November night games under the new contract. That leaves Petitti to figure out how to uphold a deal for hundreds of millions of dollars for primetime games without cooperation from some of the league's marquee teams for part of the regular season's most important month.

Athletic departments and coaches around the Big Ten say they were surprised November night games would be part of the deal. They weren't asked for permission to play them prior to the deal or informed of the change ahead of the deal, according to sources. At the same time, NBC wasn't aware until well after the initial contract was signed this summer that these big-brand schools had historic tolerances that were part of the prior television arrangements and would resist being available.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Green Bay gets the draft in 2025. I can watch the Packers not take a 1st round wide receiver IN PERSON

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ripping us off smh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Vikings were the only NFCN team to vote for TNF schedule flexing because they suck rear end

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Green Bay gets the draft in 2025. I can watch the Packers not take a 1st round wide receiver IN PERSON

By 2025 we might be able to finally field 11 first round picks on defense. This Joe Barry scheme will finally take off!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

KDdidit posted:

Kevin Warren's work on the B1G TV deal doesn't sound as impressive, watch out Arlington Heights stadium deal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37693310/big-ten-new-commissioner-television-deal-coaches-uncertainty

Ruh roh!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Vikings were the only NFCN team to vote for TNF schedule flexing because they suck rear end

What are Kirk's stats on Thursday, does it count as prime time

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's going to be glorious now that he's been revealed to be full of poo poo and some real non football journos start to dig into him and probably discover some real weird stuff.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Scipiotik posted:

It's going to be glorious now that he's been revealed to be full of poo poo and some real non football journos start to dig into him and probably discover some real weird stuff.

Are you talking about Kirk, because we've known about that weird stuff for a while now

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
No the big ten guy hired by the bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Somewhere, Biscuits perks up.

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1660797294961197057

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

KDdidit posted:

Not to be a homer about the exec who's barely done anything with the team and whose job I don't even fully understand, but it kind of seems like $70 million in lost revenue on a $7 billion TV deal is a cost worth eating

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Does Lambeaus concrete weep and stink like piss as much as ive heard? It sounds like it’s kind of a dump, and I’ve heard it a lot from Packers fans.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

xbilkis posted:

Not to be a homer about the exec who's barely done anything with the team and whose job I don't even fully understand, but it kind of seems like $70 million in lost revenue on a $7 billion TV deal is a cost worth eating

i'm on team Guy Who Gets Things Done instead of dealing with 80 year old boosters who cry about having night games in november because its past their bedtime

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Does Lambeaus concrete weep and stink like piss as much as ive heard? It sounds like it’s kind of a dump, and I’ve heard it a lot from Packers fans.

You might be confusing that with the Wrigley piss trenches

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr. Lunchables posted:

:confused:

I go to 1-2 games each season and this is actually the first I've heard of this.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Lambeau rocks not sure who you're talking with.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mostly been talking to Yoopers who also went to the weeping concrete Hockey Barn the Joe Louis Arena. I’m fine being wrong on it, but I heard more than one story about it in the past weekend.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Honestly, he'll fit right in here in Chicago. Remember this is a franchise that announced the hiring of a coach they hadn't actually hired.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hand Row posted:

You might be confusing that with the Wrigley piss trenches

Hey now, the trough urinals were a historical institution. You weren't experiencing a true, authentic Cubs game unless you waited in line half the game to take a piss while a river of piss exited past you and sometimes engulfed your shoes.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SourKraut posted:

Hey now, the trough urinals were a historical institution. You weren't experiencing a true, authentic Cubs game unless you waited in line half the game to take a piss while a river of piss exited past you and sometimes engulfed your shoes.

Were? Are they gone now? I haven’t been in a bit but I can’t imagine replacing said historic troughs with urinals would help with capacity. And the History.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I've lived in Green Bay for about 20 years now and not only been to Lambeau MULTIPLE times for both games and various events, tours, and meetings, etc. but never ONCE heard this, let alone experienced it - and it's far from a 'dump' having relatively recently been renovated and added on to, so,s just making poo poo up there, homeslice?

e: Like, does this look like 'a dump' to you? Open year 'round, there's also multiple restaurants built it, as well as the Packers HoF, and pro-shop. btw the yard lines tiled into the floor run right into their matching lines on the field which is kind of fun I guess...

THIS also looks directly at the stadium

Pictured 'a real dump'

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 23, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

White knighting a football stadium is certainly a choice.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Buddy they won't even let *me* gently caress the stadium

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
*shrug*
The guy said the concrete weeps piss and it's a dump.
Here - look at it.

Wow that's really 'white knighting' and wanting to gently caress it. Sure.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BigBeefCity posted:

I've lived in Green Bay for about 20 years now and not only been to Lambeau MULTIPLE times for both games and various events, tours, and meetings, etc. but never ONCE heard this, let alone experienced it - and it's far from a 'dump' having relatively recently been renovated and added on to, so,s just making poo poo up there, homeslice?

e: Like, does this look like 'a dump' to you? Open year 'round, there's also multiple restaurants built it, as well as the Packers HoF, and pro-shop. btw the yard lines tiled into the floor run right into their matching lines on the field which is kind of fun I guess...

THIS also looks directly at the stadium

Pictured 'a real dump'

Lambeau is beautiful, it's Green Bay writ.large that's a dump that smells like piss. Except it doesn't smell like piss. It smells like that weird smell you get in a bowling alley. Because it's Green Bay and outside of football/Lambeau convention stuff what you have are bowling alleys.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lambeau is beautiful, it's Green Bay writ.large that's a dump that smells like piss. Except it doesn't smell like piss. It smells like that weird smell you get in a bowling alley. Because it's Green Bay and outside of football/Lambeau convention stuff what you have are bowling alleys.

That smell is known as "beer"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

That smell is known as "beer"

And toilet paper manufacturing. Green Bay is the Toilet Paper Capital of the World after all!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What I'm getting here is that every GB fan has gone completely nose blind to the smell of their piss covered stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Three Billboards Outside Green Bay Wisconsin:

This is not a place of honor

We put this here because the smell repels us

Why no Aaron Rodgers?