Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

Honestly, I play for an hour or so at lunch and I'm only halfway through the Xianzhou storyline, I'm not worried about running out of content yet. Not even on World 6 yet.

Mostly same, I still have a little main quest left plus a lot of the companion quests (I think most of them actually). Just did World 6 for the first time yesterday.

I've been logging in every day, but have only had a handful of sessions where I played for more than an hour or two straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Ahhhhh that explains it - thank you for the info everyone!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a roadmap for this game? With Genshin they had that roadmap video that told us basically the order of new content and such.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't log in yesterday..
For the first time

Rip

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Speaking of break effects, qua break on wake up can get you some wild numbers. I'm sure most Seele users have seen a weird qua damage spike that would finish off a boss they expected to fight for a bit longer.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is it quantum specific, or is it just that Seele did the breaking and she's wearing your best dmg gear? Real question, I haven't dug into the dmg mechanics yet. I think dot damage is based on stats from the character that did the breaking though

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Dreamy did a vid beating SU 6-2 coco with just fire MC + E2 Asta, with a massive pile of 24 hunt blessings granted and asta having a good set of +12 fire gear. she does pretty good dmg for a support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax75nzoGbdc

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it quantum specific, or is it just that Seele did the breaking and she's wearing your best dmg gear? Real question, I haven't dug into the dmg mechanics yet. I think dot damage is based on stats from the character that did the breaking though

Break damage is entirely dependant on the stats of the character inflicting the break (notably their Break Effect), but Quantum break is special in that every time the broken enemy is hit whilst broken, the effect gains a stack that increases the damage they take at the start of their turn (when they recover)

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Also qua break delays their wake up so you can get more hits in. That delay scales with break effect so a future QUA support with a decent break skill/ult could be a really interesting addition.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I've hit a slight rough spot in my daily auto battle stuff. The rando who had a super kitted out Himeko I friended switched to a different character. Anybody sharing a good 50+ Himeko (or Asta)?

Sweet, I'll add you in a minute then. I'll be the request with a very stupid name

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 22, 2023

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Canopus250 posted:

I've hit a slight rough spot in my daily auto battle stuff. The rando who had a super kitted out Himeko I friended switched to a different character. Anybody sharing a good 50+ Himeko (or Asta)?

I am sharing a level 60 Himeko with the Himeko LC on her. (I haven't went to farm the Fire relics yet tho)

edit: lol good name

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 22, 2023

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

The first time I got the "CharName follows the path of destruction" I lost it.

Am I correct in assuming I should buy the Tracks of Destiny each month from the exchange shop?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In the quest "Fired," does the lady rehire Mei? She seems to have doubts/regrets after she realizes she viewed Mei as family, but I don't think it specifies whether she decided to rehire her or if she was just sad. I felt bad for Mei :(

The thing with finding the guilty vehicle was confusing because it was apparently incredibly simple but provided you with all this extra confusing information. I spent a while trying to figure out how in the world to make sense of the 3 photos, but in the end all you really need to know is "which one had a modified engine."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

In the quest "Fired," does the lady rehire Mei? She seems to have doubts/regrets after she realizes she viewed Mei as family, but I don't think it specifies whether she decided to rehire her or if she was just sad. I felt bad for Mei :(

The thing with finding the guilty vehicle was confusing because it was apparently incredibly simple but provided you with all this extra confusing information. I spent a while trying to figure out how in the world to make sense of the 3 photos, but in the end all you really need to know is "which one had a modified engine."
i think it depends on your dialog options? in my case she definitely rehired her.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Canopus250 posted:

The first time I got the "CharName follows the path of destruction" I lost it.

Am I correct in assuming I should buy the Tracks of Destiny each month from the exchange shop?

The Pick of Destiny and the "free" passes should be no brainer purchases each month.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

In my case she never even fired her in the first place and then later texted me to thank me for helping her see that she views Mei as family rather than 'the help'. Seems the quest ending is heavily influenced by your dialogue choices.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018

Clarste posted:

It depends on who you have, but the Hunt one is probably the most generically useful? It's just a lot of crit rate, and everyone wants that except Yanqing I guess.

I have Yanqing of course. Other five stars are Himeko and Jing Yuan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Danakir posted:

In my case she never even fired her in the first place and then later texted me to thank me for helping her see that she views Mei as family rather than 'the help'. Seems the quest ending is heavily influenced by your dialogue choices.

She also texted me the same thing, but in the final in-person interaction with both her and Mei she mentioned not extending Mei's contract. And then, when meeting with just her in-person (before that text, which seems to have been the same as the one you mentioned) she was like "Mei has been telling me all this stuff so that I'll be okay when she is gone, and I am only now realizing that she has been like family to me over the last 200 years." It wasn't clear (or at least I didn't notice if it was) about whether she was going to rehire her, or if she was just feeling melancholy about things.

I also encouraged her at every step not to fire Mei! Maybe the mistake is when I brought it up to Mei herself? It was kind of surprising when she suddenly mentioned not extending the contract.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got a follow up text after those scenes where she's like "I realised Mei is actually really capable and also kinda like family to me so I have decided to renew her contract".

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I was curious if that quest really had different endings so I looked it up. It doesn't. It plays out exactly the same no matter what you do.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a roadmap for this game? With Genshin they had that roadmap video that told us basically the order of new content and such.

I don't know if there's an official roadmap, but I feel like the next major planet we visit might be Screwlum since he gets a lot of attention in like Lightcones and such, and it'd be an excuse to focus back on the Genius Society and The Erudition after half-hearting it on the space station. Also it's one of the 2 piece relic sets but honestly I'm not sure if that's a point in favor or against.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Yeah, I picked "you know what to do" and it worked out the same way, but she texts you again after the last time you meet her.

Also yes, 'find the starskiff' is firmly in the 'what the hell is this dialog trying to say' zone of the game.

Man, it took clara like a week to finish futzing with that robot, I thought she'd broken somehow (or was stuck behind that serval quest I can't be bothered to do).

Also I tried it with a controller and it's hosed up how much better that is than keyboard/touch. Pressing L2 (which displays the legends for using ultimates) actually pauses the battle, so you can just leave it on fast forward and not get hosed over because you had to mash 4 twice to make a heal/shield go on, but didn't manage to do so before the next attack started.

Also, the d-pad works in status screens/inventories, which is super nice. Too bad it's still got that awful genshin "press r3 to select dialog options" thing. But I'm not sure how well that's going to actually work on playstation, because they map a lot of things to the share/screenshot button (as if it were select), and I doubt you can actually override the playstation's os to do that. And since they're adding chat, they'll probably idiotically map that to the touchpad instead of being clever and using its 3 zones or something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zenostein posted:

Also, the d-pad works in status screens/inventories, which is super nice. Too bad it's still got that awful genshin "press r3 to select dialog options" thing. But I'm not sure how well that's going to actually work on playstation, because they map a lot of things to the share/screenshot button (as if it were select), and I doubt you can actually override the playstation's os to do that. And since they're adding chat, they'll probably idiotically map that to the touchpad instead of being clever and using its 3 zones or something.

They will map select to the pad and chat will be a quick menu item, most likely

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t think so, there’s a stream in a few days with details for the next patch, but nothing overarching

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1660509136084414464

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

She also texted me the same thing, but in the final in-person interaction with both her and Mei she mentioned not extending Mei's contract. And then, when meeting with just her in-person (before that text, which seems to have been the same as the one you mentioned) she was like "Mei has been telling me all this stuff so that I'll be okay when she is gone, and I am only now realizing that she has been like family to me over the last 200 years." It wasn't clear (or at least I didn't notice if it was) about whether she was going to rehire her, or if she was just feeling melancholy about things.

I also encouraged her at every step not to fire Mei! Maybe the mistake is when I brought it up to Mei herself? It was kind of surprising when she suddenly mentioned not extending the contract.

Yeah seems the difference is I didn't tell Mei that she was planning to fire her. During that scene, what happened is she told Mei that she was planning to fire her but then Mei started trying to give her the notebook she'd been looking for all along and explaining to her what to do about everything that she'd have to do by herself from now on and the sheer lengths Mei went to do everything right for her sake made her realize that Mei didn't see her as an employer but as family too. And that from Mei's perspective they were like siblings, with the younger taking care of the older who's hopeless at managing their household. So she couldn't get herself to go through with firing her and ended up apologizing to Mei and promising to do better from now on. It was pretty heartwarming!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I got into Honkai Impact 3rd now that I finished the current content of Star Rail and am just doing dailies. So help me God.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just started playing this. Is it just me or does Belobog look like King Garon's castle from Fates?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Danakir posted:

Yeah seems the difference is I didn't tell Mei that she was planning to fire her. During that scene, what happened is she told Mei that she was planning to fire her but then Mei started trying to give her the notebook she'd been looking for all along and explaining to her what to do about everything that she'd have to do by herself from now on and the sheer lengths Mei went to do everything right for her sake made her realize that Mei didn't see her as an employer but as family too. And that from Mei's perspective they were like siblings, with the younger taking care of the older who's hopeless at managing their household. So she couldn't get herself to go through with firing her and ended up apologizing to Mei and promising to do better from now on. It was pretty heartwarming!

This is the same thing that happened to me, so our results were the same. It just wasn't clear to me that she had rehired Mei (which is possibly/probably because I missed something). I remember having a dialogue with the employer lady after the meeting where I could say something like "you can still chase after her," though, which seemed to imply that the previous discussion didn't end with Mei being rehired and that any rehiring would be something she would need to do afterwards.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Dang, Svarog spams adds so fast in 4-3 on final phase

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I got into Honkai Impact 3rd now that I finished the current content of Star Rail and am just doing dailies. So help me God.

You poor unfortunate soul. I would recommend you ONLY do the story content. You do not need your own characters, after ch6 or so, the game gives you trial characters the entire rest of the way. The story is incredible! I love it a lot. Everything else about the game is terrible on just about every level and can only hurt you. The gacha is worse, you need to pull to get gear and characters skill is tied to having their weapon, and you need more comps that Genshin or Star Rail would ask you have to so you gotta spend more. It has so many activities per day and it takes a lot longer than even Genshin so it tired me out pretty fast.

But if you just enjoy it as a visual novel, it owns. It's beginning is rough, it kind of assumes you've played the earlier games that explain...well everything. They made manga to fill in those gaps, and some kind and or insane soul has taken up the work of collating all those external media things that tie into the story. https://hoyostans.be/explore/honkai-impact-3rd/consumers-guide-hi3/hi3-phase-1/ The earliest manga is a bit rough, but by the time you get to the Second Impact Manga it's all pretty good quality. You can ignore playing the chronicles beyond Theresa's that is the only one that has relevant character information and isn't just told better in a manga.

Good luck and please don't get pulled into it's gacha. I love the story and characters and it's everything else burned me pretty bad. (I still keep up with the story updates.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

APHO is still the best combat Mihoyo has made

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Honkai's combat owns extremely hard and I wish Mihoyo took character designs like that into Genshin. It's just how and why you're doing that combat that suuuuuucks.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's basically a budget mobile DMC and that's great. Honestly impressive how well it works.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm usually fairly susceptible to "the urge to pull," but seeing HI3's system of characters/gearing just made me instantly nope out

The main issue (aside from "being difficult to understand a game with so many systems") is that I don't like the general vibes in HI3 as much. For example, the music on the main "home screen" is extremely obnoxious. In contrast, both Genshin Impact and Star Rail have a very "chill" feel to them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mei's newest suit just literally makes her Raiden now it's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9l66B6x6TA

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Big UI gripe for me: can't just hold down on relic xp thingies to add multiple, I have to press the controller button once per xp thing to feed them into a relic. Either let me hold down to add multiple or let me say "add X things + 3*s to get this relic to exactly +9" or whatever.

Also why is X on controller unequip in the relic selection menu but then it's add relic xp items once you're in the relic menu itself.

youngweeed
Jun 22, 2022

Mr. Fortitude posted:

i’m in the same boat just finished Chapter 10. dabbled in the 2 most recent APHO chapters and the current one is very Belebog / feels like a winking nod to Star Rail.

there is stuff in character design that is not ok and makes Star Rail seem dirtier re: anime poo poo. im going to eventually pretend i never played it, but Himeko is cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

youngweeed posted:

there is stuff in character design that is not ok and makes Star Rail seem dirtier re: anime poo poo. im going to eventually pretend i never played it, but Himeko is cool.
???

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Lol