Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

One of my best GAMING EXPERIENCES of which there are very few was getting an hour into FFX and all of a sudden realizing that I was actually hearing Bender with a Jamaican accent. Mind. loving. Blown.

FFX had the same problem that the last three games in the series had. No skip cutscene button.

AAHHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAHAAHH!!! (gasp) AAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAAAHAHAA!!!! (GASP) AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mario... also a good series of games

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Valko posted:

FFX had the same problem that the last three games in the series had. No skip cutscene button.

AAHHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAHAAHH!!! (gasp) AAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAAAHAHAA!!!! (GASP) AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1!!!

Why would you want to skip a 60 second knights of the round summon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Valko posted:

mfs playing a story based game nad mad they cant skip the cutscenes

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
I bought 2 new 'golf hats'

It's SPORTS baby :D

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

golf is a fun game

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wisconsin: the game. press a to milk a cow. press b to vote for Scott Walker. press any other button to get drunk

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smugworth posted:

golf is a fun game

you ever bang chains?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wisconsin: the game. press a to milk a cow. press b to vote for Scott Walker. press any other button to get drunk

I need 12 squeaky cheese curds for my cafe. Can you help me, BIGBEEF?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lmfao

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Smugworth posted:

Why would you want to skip a 60 second knights of the round summon

It was 140 seconds. How many times did you have to sit through that to beat Emerald Weapon?

Yes, I know there was an option for short summons.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=37702525

look at this drain

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You should c'mon out to Red Wing so we can knock our balls around sometime BIGBEEF

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Sounds about par for the course for Pissconsin

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart barf fart etc

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seth Edit: it was basically this for a long while; no need to record it

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 23, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i love the simplicity and symmetry of it. benign.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I support this man’s staunch pro-barf fart stance

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Anyone play those pixel remasters? They any good?

Yeah they're good so far OP. I just beat 1 and 2. I remember playing 1 on an emulator many many years ago and I just didn't have the patience for just how dated it was. The PRs make it way easier.

It was my first time playing 3 though and I surprisingly enjoyed it despite always hearing it trash talked from folk.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Solefald posted:

Yeah they're good so far OP. I just beat 1 and 2. I remember playing 1 on an emulator many many years ago and I just didn't have the patience for just how dated it was. The PRs make it way easier.

It was my first time playing 3 though and I surprisingly enjoyed it despite always hearing it trash talked from folk.

the ds remake of final fantasy 3 is garbage but the original version has always been good if outdated due to final fantasy 5 doing everything it did better

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
time for a bold statement...

phantasy star 1-3 were better than final fantasy 1-3

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Phantasy star 3 and shining force 2 are some of my favorite games

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
time for a bold statement:

I've never played a single FF game and have never wanted to. Same for Phantasy Star.
:smug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Valko posted:

It was 140 seconds. How many times did you have to sit through that to beat Emerald Weapon?

Yes, I know there was an option for short summons.

0 times if you're not a scrub also the summon skips didn't come til ff8

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cautiously optimistic that we may be living in a world where both the Lakers and Celtics get swept out of the playoffs.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why do they say Celtics with an S sound instead of a K sound, Dr Crocodile

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Well they're based in Boston, so it's probably due to some combination of drunken belligerence and racism.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

To put this in Final Fantasy terms, the Boston Celtics are like the Shinra Corporation. Their star player Jayson Tatum just got done like Rufus Shinra--blasted into nothingness after a few minor appearances when everyone was expecting him to be an epic boss battle.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

GOLLLY Who could have imagined Wisconsin looked ok...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BigBeefCity posted:

GOLLLY Who could have imagined Wisconsin looked ok...

I canoe camp in Wisconsin every year and it's beautiful. We're going to Flambeau river this year

You're still a bunch of backwards drunken yokels

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

going to a gas station in rural WI during fishing opener weekend to get alcohol was an experience

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BigBeefCity posted:

time for a bold statement:

I've never played a single FF game and have never wanted to. Same for Phantasy Star.
:smug:

this is some really sick poo poo

like joker levels or deranged hosed up poo poo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You can skip the animation for knights of the round by just blasting through the main game without doing the side quests and never getting the summon in the first place.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

light crusader was pretty good but only Sega heads know

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
BBC how do the holes get in cheese

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

BBC how do the holes get in cheese

:grin::grin:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

walked outta my job this morning. i gave 2 weeks last week but fuxk that place tbh

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

walked outta my job this morning. i gave 2 weeks last week but fuxk that place tbh

This is the way to inner peace

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Oh I thought you walked out last week

Also good timing as the world economy is about to collapse

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Hell yes, I did that once and it felt fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my favourite ff was always ff9, i had a soft spot for 8 but i went back and tried to play again and the story was unbearably cringe tbh. i also liked 9s card game better than 8 which i understand makes me an unhinged lunatic (or "weirdo" perhaps by modern forums parlance "that's right" is the current catch phrase en vogue to respond here)

tactics is probably the best from that era in retrospect i think. x-2 was fun but the fan service was unbearable, even as a teen/young adult