Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The only weird little dude who gets to watch me poop is my cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my phone is doing such a good job surveilling me why cant it just vacuum too

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Cookies and cream chocolate bark is real good.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If some roomba engineer wants to fall in love with me via all the feet pics they're snapping then I'm all for it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/08/amazon-roomba-irobot-acquisition-monopoly/671145/

quote:

The latest Roomba models capture information that Amazon, at the moment, doesn’t have access to. iRobot’s new operating system maps the floor plan and contents of the spaces in which it operates. The vacuums are now equipped with a camera so it can respond to commands like “Clean in front of the couch.” But that means it knows what kind of couch you have—and crib, and dog bed, and so on. If the deal goes through, Amazon will too, whether or not you wanted Amazon to know that stuff. (Amazon did not comment on how it would use data collected by Roombas.)

If this deal feels bad and intrusive, that’s because it is. People buy a Roomba because they want something that will clean their floors. Most folks don’t want a spinning, camera-equipped data vacuum taking stock of their home and its contents, then beaming that information back to the most powerful retail monopoly on Earth.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Yeah I gotta Roomba.

Plenty of Roomba for a hot dog + soda (with free refill) for $1.50

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Had communion today, they offered me onions on the side.

Pandemic is officially over.

Ann Arbor, MI

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

im going to show my roomba my rear end in a top hat and balls

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mr.Acula posted:

Don’t do that

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mr.Acula posted:

Every man's ball wrinkles are unique like a fingerprint so they can find you dude.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I put a hundred thousand pictures of my rear end on a roomba
So that amazon can spy on it, and try to keep an eye on it

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Need someone to post the analprint scanner for the smart toilet.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Oh, Stanford

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Dick Fontaine posted:

Oh, Stanford

So many good usernames you can combo together there.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I think I look good naked and those overseas, underpaid Roomba contractors are getting a job perk if nothing else

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

Oh, Stanford

I got moon moon

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dick Fontaine posted:

Oh, Stanford

Pretty sure you can't patent something that an Adult Swim parody invented first.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

beard gang rise up

If you don't have a beard you might as well be a child

This goes for women as well

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Smugworth posted:

If you don't have a beard you might as well be a child

This goes for women as well

Finally, a beauty standard I can get behind

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I don't give the slightest poo poo about what goons complain about with IoT devices but obviously you'll want to write off Roombas if you do

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Yeah stupid goons complaining about things like “privacy” and “personal data being shared everywhere via partner agreements”, lol what a bunch of maroons

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jeffrey of Bezos is looking at your dirty posting underwear right now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

namlosh posted:

Yeah stupid goons complaining about things like “privacy” and “personal data being shared everywhere via partner agreements”, lol what a bunch of maroons

I didn't say they were stupid, I just said I didn't care. I'm sure from their perspective I'm the stupid one, but my robot vacuum avoids cat puke while assembling 3D scans of my baby and theirs doesn't.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 23, 2023

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Jeffrey of Bezos is looking at your dirty posting underwear right now

while I'm still wearing them??

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

This one Christmas my simpleton chud relations were sitting around complaining to each other about how Google was nefariously hoovering up their data and trying to control their minds. Such an evil company! Such evil people over there! Always spying all the time!

Then they passed around presents and each little nuclear family group ended up with an Alexa. They all clapped and laughed and kept asking the Alexas stupid questions and trying to make them talk to each other.

I pointed out how stupid that was after their previous statements and worries and they all got really mad and threw me out of Christmas that year.

I worked for Google at the time.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

If my Roomba avoids dog poo poo, and sends Bezos my feet pics, I think that's a valid trade.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Cookies and cream chocolate bark is real good.

If my store has this I will be picking it up, I am a sucker for cookies and cream. Expecting a new member of the Not Allowed To Buy This Again club to join the sanders caramels and praline pecans.

I’m pretty sure Costco has some dry rub mix(es) available; anyone know how they are? I am going to do some oven pulled pork and am feeling lazy so I was thinking if they’re decent I’d just get that rather than making my own.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

This one Christmas my simpleton chud relations were sitting around complaining to each other about how Google was nefariously hoovering up their data and trying to control their minds. Such an evil company! Such evil people over there! Always spying all the time!

Then they passed around presents and each little nuclear family group ended up with an Alexa. They all clapped and laughed and kept asking the Alexas stupid questions and trying to make them talk to each other.

I pointed out how stupid that was after their previous statements and worries and they all got really mad and threw me out of Christmas that year.

I worked for Google at the time.

got 'em

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Anyone bought the inflatable kayaks or boats at costco and have an opinion? The hardshell ones look way nicer and more comfortable but I don't have a F-350 with Calvin pissing on *The Liberals* so I feel like transporting one would suck. Just wary of anything kind of cheap and inflatable even being able to survive a season on a simple resevoir.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

From my experience, I’m not a fan of inflatable kayaks. They’re fine as boats but they feel absolutely nothing like a kayak on the water. If you’re good with that I guess they’d be ok.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Also be careful around shallower areas where driftwood and pointy rocks can get stuck and rip your kayak.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Dick Fontaine posted:

From my experience, I’m not a fan of inflatable kayaks. They’re fine as boats but they feel absolutely nothing like a kayak on the water. If you’re good with that I guess they’d be ok.

It is mainly for taking it out on a reservoir so I would gander I'd be treating it more like a canoe than anything. My wife has a proper white water duckie that is inflatable but that things rated for like class 5 rapids in the Grand Canyon but I honestly dont know if they make things like that anymore for sale at a store like Costco.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

If that one guy returned a several years old bed with no shame or issue, then I think you’d be fine taking a kayak back if it turns out you don’t like it.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Beer Gay So What posted:

Anyone bought the inflatable kayaks or boats at costco and have an opinion? The hardshell ones look way nicer and more comfortable but I don't have a F-350 with Calvin pissing on *The Liberals* so I feel like transporting one would suck. Just wary of anything kind of cheap and inflatable even being able to survive a season on a simple resevoir.

SILs family has this or something extremely similar and seem to like it well enough for loving around on flat water
https://www.costco.com/tobin-sports-wavebreak-inflatable-2-person-kayak.product.100805501.html

Foam noodles and some tiedowns work pretty well on any vehicle to transport a small boat. My moms second husband had these foam blocks he would attach to the lip of his canoe and transport it on the roof that way. You can get creative without requiring an F350.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Dick Fontaine posted:

If that one guy returned a several years old bed with no shame or issue, then I think you’d be fine taking a kayak back if it turns out you don’t like it.

yeah I should really think with that mindset and go give it a whirl. PBUC.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

SILs family has this or something extremely similar and seem to like it well enough for loving around on flat water
https://www.costco.com/tobin-sports-wavebreak-inflatable-2-person-kayak.product.100805501.html

Foam noodles and some tiedowns work pretty well on any vehicle to transport a small boat. My moms second husband had these foam blocks he would attach to the lip of his canoe and transport it on the roof that way. You can get creative without requiring an F350.

I would need to take my ski rack off to do the boat well and I think that thing is fused on at this point, but thank you for the tips! I am not super handy on practical things like tying a boat down so my fear is it coming off on a highway and leading to a 70 car pile up.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

People carry freaking sailboats on their roofs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

smoobles posted:

If my Roomba avoids dog poo poo, and sends Bezos my feet pics, I think that's a valid trade.

What if your dog has like liquid dog poo poo that soaks into the carpet? Is the Roomba just going off the shape?

My Roomba was a waste of giftcards because apparently iRobot says all models can only handle 5/8 inch thresholds. I think mine are around 1 inch so the thing gets stranded on them and can't make it from room to room.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

$9.99/lb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Business center? Almost bought last weekend.