Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Lobok posted:

And because giants who don't move in slow-mo would be hugely unfair.

Well, it's related to gravity. You use gravity to step forward, that's how you put your foot down.

If the top of your step is 8 inches / 20cm, your foot to hit the ground as fast as gravity will allow, which is 0.2 seconds.

If you have Godzilla stomping around, with a 3-story gait height, 10m, then it takes about 1.4 seconds to hit the ground.

edit: well this snipe fuckin' sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

ante posted:

Well, it's related to gravity. You use gravity to step forward, that's how you put your foot down.

If the top of your step is 8 inches / 20cm, your foot to hit the ground as fast as gravity will allow, which is 0.2 seconds.

If you have Godzilla stomping around, with a 3-story gait height, 10m, then it takes about 1.4 seconds to hit the ground.

edit: well this snipe fuckin' sucks

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Please draw the free body diagram

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone on earth has the exact same 100m dash time, as gravity is the only factor.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
40 kmh sounds fast, sure. But it's really only like 2 feet every minute or so.
It's metric and used in Europe where things are tiny and slow.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Where we're going we don't need gravity.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

ante posted:

Please draw the free body diagram

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

fake edit:
lol

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

That's mislabeled. Those are actually anti-gravity devices as they allow the body to counteract gravity.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

cult_hero posted:

That's mislabeled. Those are actually anti-gravity devices as they allow the body to counteract gravity.
It's a point of view thing. They inhale the gravity allowing the leg to be drawn up then exhale the gravity letting the leg be drawn down once more.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

credburn posted:

Planets are huge and they're moving incredibly fast through space but it sure looks like they're not making any progress until you check the calendar

Can someone explain why I instantly heard this in Dr. Steve Brule’s voice?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

zedprime posted:

It's a point of view thing. They inhale the gravity allowing the leg to be drawn up then exhale the gravity letting the leg be drawn down once more.

This is some phlogiston poo poo

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

zedprime posted:

Ahh yes, gravo-pneumatic action.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Absolutely! There's also lots of covers and remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8Cce46hGo

The games were bullshit, but the music lives.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

zedprime posted:

I'm sorry for simplifying , I've edited the picture and included a cut-out to show the correct mechanics.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Philippe posted:

This is some phlogiston poo poo

shouts out the luminiferous æther one time

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Hel posted:

I'm sorry for simplifying , I've edited the picture and included a cut-out to show the correct mechanics.

gently caress you. Goddamn it I erased those images and you loving bring ‘em back like this…

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Nenonen posted:

Absolutely! There's also lots of covers and remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8Cce46hGo

The games were bullshit, but the music lives.

the games were loving masterpieces

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Is this the gravity bong thread

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:lol: @ those ninjas' eyelids

like wtf is going on

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 22:36 on May 23, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It still sounds like "nightbush city" to me

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Trabant posted:

I don't know where else to post this, the greatest interview question and answer:

https://twitter.com/KiLBJJ/status/1653013916581076997

There are at least 3 Goons who can answer this. I am one of them. The answer is that it feels more like sucking dick than getting your dick sucked. Now y'all know.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Desert Bus posted:

There are at least 3 Goons who can answer this. I am one of them. The answer is that it feels more like sucking dick than getting your dick sucked. Now y'all know.

Sounds like you need to work on your technique then :shrug:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Hyperlynx posted:

Sounds like you need to work on your technique then :shrug:

Probably.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grendels Dad posted:

They make perfect spies. I am going to haul them out of a plane over countries I want to destabilize, carrying messages to my most trusted assets.

Reminds me of a joke.
Guy sees an ad in the classifieds for "talking dog, free". He shows up, the owner says the dog is around back, go on and see him. He's expecting this is going to be a dog doing tricks, but is surprised when the dog is speaking to him in full sentences, correct grammar, and a diction that sounds like he could be reading the news on BBC Radio. So he asks the dog what his story is.
Dog says: "Well, I wasn't really taught to talk, I've just always had this gift. Early in life my talent drew the attention of the government, who trained me as a counterintelligence spy in the Cold War. I would sit nearby and listen to the targets' conversations in public meeting spaces, and repeat it all back to another agent later. It was the perfect cover, nobody ever suspects a dog. I speak 4 languages, have lived in 6 countries, and received several commendations from the CIA for my work. I'm retired now. Left all that behind and now just live the life of a regular dog."
The man is amazed, and goes back to knock on the door and talk to the owner.
"This dog is incredible! This is the most amazing animal I have ever seen. Why are you getting rid of him?"
The owner replies "Because he's a liar! He didn't do any of that stuff."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

7 posts up, bud <3

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's not a dupe, it's the other car

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sentient Data posted:

It's not a dupe, it's the other car

:hmmyes:

(whoops, forgot where i stole it from)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hey that research won an Ig Nobel!

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

I think it's hosed up that both the book and movie adaptation perform erasure of ROUS that are actually unusually small
The tiny rats were in the parts that were abridged out

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
stained glASS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Desert Bus posted:

try sitting on your mouth til it goes to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

One of these bumper stickers always lies. The other always tells the truth.