Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Youremother posted:

The Galactus situation has been bad bad. Just switch to playing a deck with Debrii in it, they'll be guaranteed to vanish instantly :angel:
Those Galactus fucks will start running Killmonger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Latest update is that they are working on the patch but that it's not going to be released today. I am starting to suspect it may be Thursday.

Checking my inbox furiously for my free gift variant

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bowmore posted:

It doesn't have time. Galactus/Destroyer is the best variant anyway. I've wrecked so many people with the plan B of Shuri Nimrod Destroyer, and a lot more haven't expected a turn 6 Shuri + Death.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I usually see Galactus-Death-Knull or something like that (often with Wolverine)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

wrong thread

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1661150955906428928?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I really don't think it's going to be tomorrow either, because they have to clear through the Apple Store/Google Store first

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sounds like a case of the cosmos?

Nope. Surfer in the same lane went off without a hitch and won me the game. I've seen it in two games now, once in my favour and one against.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Maneck posted:

Nope. Surfer in the same lane went off without a hitch and won me the game. I've seen it in two games now, once in my favour and one against.

Should have screenshot and sent in a bug report

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Sera Hazmat can run both Luke Cage and Bishop. Are you sure it wasn't just that?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Can anyone help me understand why Absorbing Man didn't copy Hazmat's On Reveal? The only other thing I did on T6 was move Hood out of Plunder Castle

e: oh right, I had already copied Polaris with him and then Beasted him back and replayed him. The error msg he shouted out must have No Space to Move!

Both Hazmat and Absorbing Man were on T6
vvvvv

godogg fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 24, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Did you play anything after Hazmat on turn 5? AB copies the last card played, not the last On Reveal played. Same goes for Mystique.

Oh, neat, good to keep in mind AB (and I assume Mystique as well) keeps their copied ability when bounced. I'm sure there's some kind of shenanigans to be had there

Youremother fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 24, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It's a bit unintuitive but afaict for Absorbing Man, Mystique, and Rogue, their new ability overwrites their original ability text, which is also why they can't say, double steal an Ongoing effect. If you Wong then Rogue, Rogue will steal one Ongoing, and then stop, because their new current text says whatever thing is she stole rather than her original On Reveal, steal an Ongoing yes I memorised this the hard way why doyouask

So if you use any of the three, bounce them back, their current card has the ability they copied rather than their original text, with everything that implies. I assume Iron Lad is the same but I haven't gotten around to buying him yet (but I might, am at 11800 tokens but was hoping for High Evilutionary)

Artelier fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 24, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eyyyy get rekked

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Youremother posted:

some kind of shenanigans

I recently learned that playing Hulkbuster on somebody makes them count as "the last card you played" for purposes of Mystique, Absorbing Man, and Taskmaster and I've been trying to brew something that takes advantage of those interactions. It also occured to me that Venom is functionally kinda similar to Hulkbuster

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

godogg posted:

I recently learned that playing Hulkbuster on somebody makes them count as "the last card you played" for purposes of Mystique, Absorbing Man, and Taskmaster and I've been trying to brew something that takes advantage of those interactions. It also occured to me that Venom is functionally kinda similar to Hulkbuster

It makes Hulk Buster great in move decks. Put down Multiple Man, Torch or Vulture, then play Iron Fist followed by Hulkbuster on them and they get real strong

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

bowmore posted:

Eyyyy get rekked

Just pulled this one off myself. I played Wave and snapped, they insta-snapped and immediately gave me the Captain Marvel. Feels drat good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Are there any decks that rely on Killmonger leading up to Galactus? I haven't seen it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did the Win 3 Locations mission super fast with C2 after bashing my dick in a door with a leader deck. Lost 8 out of 10 games it just loved pairing me with discard decks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Red posted:

Are there any decks that rely on Killmonger leading up to Galactus? I haven't seen it.

Someone who is very worried about Central Park I guess

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Red posted:

Thanos Galactus, it's catching on as a reliable enabler for Death Knull combo now that Wave doesn't help her.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

bowmore posted:

I prefer Cloak, that way you can move stuff like Monster Island too.

I've been doing a bit since getting infinite, lol at the username on this guy who retreated before the animation went off:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota posted:

I wanted to play with my new Doctor Doom variant and this deck took me from 92->95 this evening, it's a Bynx deck slightly modified (- Sentinel, + Cosmo) since Sentinel didn't do that much and Cosmo wrecks a bunch of decks

I think I'm going to try taking this to infinite instead of Hela this season

This deck is what got me to infinite and I'd highly recommend it. Still love Hela combo stuff, but everyone's running stuff that jacks it up right now.

I actually broke through to infinite off of someone who was playing IW/MODOK/Hela like I have, although they were running a list with Howard the Duck and Adam Warlock. That guy snapped on turn 4 and emoted "Snap?" a bunch after I snapped back on 6. That deck is hosed if you drop a Cosmo on them turn 6 and I telegraphed the hell out of it, but I'm glad he didn't see it coming.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Someone who is very worried about Central Park I guess

Given that Central Park and Savage Land seem to be permanent Hot Locations when I play Galactus, it's not the least sensible concern.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Managed to make it to infinite with Galactus. Probably the most fun deck and im going to cry when/if they change him. The card that i hated to most to see was Zabu. God gently caress that idiot bastard cat.

Also got a season 4 card, Negasonic, and decided to check what pool 3 cards im missing in the 14 before completion and its all the cool poo poo like patriot, mystic bast, lockjaw, and leader.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Got a good deck for today. Copies it off reddit awhile ago and what I liked were the very thorough instruction set the poster put out with it.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Quicksilver
# (2) Domino
# (3) Lockjaw
# (4) Dracula
# (5) Leech
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Magneto
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpY2tzaWx2ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRvbWlubyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJbmZpbmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTG9ja2phdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2lnYW50byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Here is the stereo like instruction set he posted with it. I love this deck because you really can autopilot it.

Opening tips.

1. ⁠Snap turn 1 if you get Lockjaw, Dracula and Wasp in your hand because you definitely won the game.
2. ⁠Snap turn 1 if you get Lockjaw and Wasp on your hand because you probably won the game.
3. ⁠Always retreat if they snap and you don’t have Lockjaw or Dracula and it’s turn 4. Also always retreat if you don’t have lockjaw or Dracula and it’s turn 4.
4. ⁠Always calculate what cards are in your deck on turn 6 before you play a card in lockjaw. Sometimes it’s better to play a card in a different lane if you have Wasp + Quicksilver in there.
5. ⁠Play Magneto turn 4 if they play wave and you think they know where Galactus is coming down or Leech into that lane. But if you don’t have 1 of those two cards, retreat on a turn 4 wave if they snap.

————————————————————————————— Turn by turn break down —————————————————————————————

Turn 1. ————

1. ⁠If opening hand has Lockjaw + Wasp and or Dracula, snap and play Quicksilver in A. The first lane if it’s not something bad or B. A random lane.
2. ⁠If opening hand has Lockjaw but no Wasp hold Quicksilver and move to turn 2
3. ⁠If opening hand does not have Lockjaw, play Quicksilver in A. The first lane if it’s not something bad or B. A random lane.

———— Turn 2. ————

1. ⁠Play Domino in same lane as Quicksilver to get 5 power in that lane, or, play her in the same lane as Nebula if she was played on turn 1 to mitigate the opposing players power there.

———— Turn 3. ————

1. ⁠If you have Lockjaw and Wasp, play them in an empty lane and snap if you have Dracula, Leech or Doom.
2. ⁠If you have Lockjaw but no Wasp, play him in an empty lane and end turn. Do not snap as you don’t know how the game will play out at this point, but stay in if the opponent snaps as you still have a good chance of winning.
3. ⁠If you don’t have Lockjaw, A. Stay in but be Rea to retreat if you don’t have a good hand, B. Retreat if the opposing player snaps and you don’t have Dracula.

———— Turn 4. ————

1. ⁠Play Dracula and snap if, A. You already have Lockjaw in the game and played Wasp this turn or last turn. B. You have 2 of these, Giganto, Magnito or Infinaught in hand.
2. ⁠Play Dracula and wait, but retreat if you don’t have a good hand and your opponent snaps.
3. ⁠Play Lockjaw if you don’t have Dracula. (Wasp as well if you have her.)
4. ⁠Retreat if you don’t have Dracula and Lockjaw is not in your hand to play or on the field.

———— Turn 5. ————

1. ⁠Play Leech into Quicksilver/Domino lane and Wasp into Lockjaw.
2. ⁠Play Captain Marvel into empty lane or Quicksilver/Domino lane and Wasp into Lockjaw.
3. ⁠Play Wasp into Lockjaw and Dracula into an empty lane.
4. ⁠Retreat.

———— Turn 6. ————

Look at the board. You will have a high chance of winning if any 3 of these things has happened.

1. ⁠You have leeched the opponent.
2. ⁠You have Captain Marvel out.
3. ⁠Dracula is out.
4. ⁠You have Doom ready to play into Lockjaw.
5. ⁠You have Quick silver and Domino in a lane with Leech or by themselves.
6. ⁠You have wasp in hand to play into Lockjaw and Doom to play somewhere as well.
7. ⁠You only have good cards left in your deck. (For example, Doom, Giganto, Magneto, infinaught, Captain Marvel.)

Here is how the turn should play.

1. ⁠Play Wasp into Lockjaw and Doom there as well. Or just one of them if thats all you have.
2. ⁠Play Wasp into Lockjaw and Giganto right if you have Infinaught in your hand.
3. ⁠Play Wasp into Lockjaw and Magneto into the Quicksilver/Domino lane to pull Darkhawk or other cards over.
4. ⁠Play Doom into Lockjaw and hope Wasp doesn’t come out lol.
5. ⁠Retreat if you don’t have any good plays.

Most of my wins ended with 10-13 power in left lane (Quicksilver, Domino, Leech, Doombot) 14-25 power in middle/right lane (Dracula + Doombot) 18-38 power in middle/right lane (Lockjaw + Chavez, Infinaught, Doom, Captain Marvel, Giganto or Magnito, and sometimes Wasp or Quicksilver if you get a bad pull but that was rare.)

This usually beats Darkhawk/Black Bolt because A. Leech got them B. The power is too big for them even after Shang do to Dracula plus a 13 power left lane do to them not calculating Quicksilver + Domino being a threat. C. Dracula, Captain Marvel and Doom all hit the right RNG.

This is not every single scenario and sometimes even with a good hand and smart plays you lose, but I was able to go from 84 to 100 in one day with this deck. It works, just learn when to snap and when to retreat.

I hope you enjoyed this deck and this guid! :)

Finally it's just a good deck into the featured today.

Ohh I subbed Wave in over Leech and never looked back.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 24, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

gently caress it. I'm down to 78 again and I am going to be part of the problem.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
playing galactus yourself is a good way to learn all the problems galactus decks actually have

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm honestly even excited to lose with Galactus. The perspective of the player is the only viewpoint I don't accurately have for how bad this card is and once I can start scamming one cubes I'll be able to complain about how not only is Galactus is a bad card, it's not even a good bad card

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
O this was so delicious

There had been a pair of 20+ Power Venoms in Sinister London and Milano. I had the energy for T6 Skrull + Shang thanks to the pair of Electros I Destroyered.

Let me just say though, the one time I want to face Galactus decks they are nowhere to be found. I just want to let a Galactus activate and then take their cubes. Sniping them with Prof X has become so regular it's lost a touch of its shimmer.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Check your app stores, patch is out and High Evo is in the shop!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yup. Got the update on Android.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Not on iOS just yet. Uninstalling this game for doing the emotional equivalent of murdering my entire family.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I guess Apple just takes longer

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Anyone got a good deck that revolves around Daredevil?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Slapping together high Evo plus the ones that Evo into - 1 things and then luke cage debrii typhoid and hazmat doesn't seem like a powerful deck but does make people retreat early right now

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What the gently caress. The first game I played was against a High Evolutionary deck and I'm not sure what you're even supposed to do about it. Cyclops, Misty, Thing, and Wasp were just draining power from everyone on my side, then they Moon Girl and dropped 2 Abominations on my side plus a pile of other stuff on 6. Evolutionary doesn't even have to be out for things to activate. What's even the counter?? I'm totally lost against this thing..

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Luke Cage, to start with

Also, I wanna say: I've played against a few High Evo decks since he dropped, and the effects they gave his cards are choice. I love the Thing throwing fire hydrants at you and Cyclops finally gets his eye beams.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

What the gently caress. The first game I played was against a High Evolutionary deck and I'm not sure what you're even supposed to do about it. Cyclops, Misty, Thing, and Wasp were just draining power from everyone on my side, then they Moon Girl and dropped 2 Abominations on my side plus a pile of other stuff on 6. Evolutionary doesn't even have to be out for things to activate. What's even the counter?? I'm totally lost against this thing..

Luke.

(This is why my HighEvo deck waiting for the patch has Rogue.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does soul stone count toward abomination