Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol sorry Dallas. You may sit on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Philadelphia yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ban alcohol from NHL Arenas, imo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Powershift posted:

Ban alcohol from NHL Arenas, imo.

*Throws half finished $20 bud lite* Shut up nerd!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Benn has a hearing for the hit on Stone, hopefully to the surprise of no one.

Way to gently caress over your team, dumbass.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Benn was just trying to pull a The Kadri to get a head start on the offseason

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If both these series sweep, the SCF can start on Saturday, and a sweep there would let Gary Bettman hand out the cup on on his birthday without having to travel too far from his Miami vacation home. Imagine the convenience.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would prefer Dallas never threw poo poo on the ice ever again, but

I am still blown away they cared enough to do so.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
When I began reading the tweet, I thought it was going to be about Benn being the biggest moron ever. Benn should be apologizing to Stone and to the Stars for costing them the series.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
The Dallas media is making a big deal about how Jamie Benn, having most of 3 hours to compose himself and prepare his apology, instead chose to run out of the building as soon as the game was over, jump in his car, and peel out.

And yeah it was pretty pathetic when the supposed captain / leader of your team is too scared to face the media lol

He better hopes he wins a cup in the last couple years on his contract or this game is his legacy with the team.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It really was a bitch move to just leave, especially when your coach and teammates are left trying to answer for you

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah I mean if you're team captain and you get ejected and your team is now down 3-0 in a series, maybe stick around and just face the music for 10 minutes after the game rather than run away and make your teammates have to kind of half assed cover for you. Just bad looks all around.

Someone else also brought this up: https://twitter.com/WingedWheelPod/status/1661173316420345856?s=20

I'm guessing Benn gets 1 game?

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 24, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1661405627275460610

lol I guess someone from the team got ahold of him and told him he better make himself available for questioning

nothing good can come out of this media availability, but I am curious to see just how badly he handles it

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1661410401890730007

Amazing lol

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 24, 2023

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Hmm, maybe its good he didn't speak to the media last night.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We beat Minnesota and in doing so absorbed all their junky violent energy. What a poison pill

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Starsfan posted:

lol I guess someone from the team got ahold of him and told him he better make himself available for questioning

nothing good can come out of this media availability, but I am curious to see just how badly he handles it

Amazing lol

drat whys every hockey player gotta be a complete piece of poo poo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

he had all night to come up with that answer

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Shinjobi posted:

We beat Minnesota and in doing so absorbed all their junky violent energy. What a poison pill

It actually started when the city of Dallas killed JFK.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Starsfan posted:

Amazing lol

“Oh, yes. Believe me, my god, if I could turn back the clock on my Stone cross checking, I would certainly, reconsider it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
"I blame gravity"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's just physics.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

soggybagel posted:

It actually started when the city of Dallas killed JFK.

This is a better point than most

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Wait is this a real quote and not a joke?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Add an extra game to Benn's suspension purely for that stupid rear end "apology"

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Shouldn't have signed Ryan Suter then I guess. King of cross checks (while he was in Minnesota too).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jhet posted:

Shouldn't have signed Ryan Suter then I guess. King of cross checks (while he was in Minnesota too).

You don't need to tell me we shouldn't have signed Suter. Even if I disagreed Game 2 would have squashed that pretty handily.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you can see him pull up his stick as a wind-up before he falls forward, what a prick

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Benn's 1 game suspension will finally be the suspension everyone agrees is right. If you think it's all gravity's fault then Benn justly gets only 1 game. If you're not a Stars stan and realize Benn could quite easily have killed Stone, you'll be happy too--he'll be suspended for the rest of the playoffs!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That cannot be a real quote, surely.

No way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
jamie Benn rules

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mennoknight every time I see your avatar, I think of how the Calgary Flames signed Dennis Wideman, who was generally thought of as one of the better defensemen in that free agent class, and some publication, I dunno who, ran the headline WIDE MAN SIGNS WIDEMAN for like two minutes and then took it down.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Isn't Wideman the guy who attacked a referee during a game

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Didn't he also say he had a concussion and thats why he mistakenly hit the ref?

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

ESPN crew going to bat for Benn last night was insane

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Uhhhh, yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4PoDrqv-E

He gets his bell rung and then just cross checks the poo poo out of a linesman. Wow.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MJeff posted:

Mennoknight every time I see your avatar, I think of how the Calgary Flames signed Dennis Wideman, who was generally thought of as one of the better defensemen in that free agent class, and some publication, I dunno who, ran the headline WIDE MAN SIGNS WIDEMAN for like two minutes and then took it down.

I have this seared in my brain as well

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wow that's really gross.

The white jerseys, I mean. The crosscheck was also pretty bad.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I can't stop laughing at this

in a way, I appreciate players leaning hard into being heels -- but also, gently caress this guy, give him 3+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The greatest dennis wideman moment was when he hosed up that penalty shot

E: https://youtu.be/gMdX_A2iLuM