Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Veil mission was not good content or story telling

one way or another they’re gonna make people do the Calus fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Extremely important:

https://twitter.com/trialsreport/status/1661297308863021058?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I'll also say I'm not a fan of Xivu Arath's voice but maybe I'm just holding her up to the impossibly high standard set by Debra Wilson.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pirate Jet posted:

I'll also say I'm not a fan of Xivu Arath's voice but maybe I'm just holding her up to the impossibly high standard set by Debra Wilson.

Xivu Arath can't not yell

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Played through the new season content with my homie, had fun.

but will you allow me the space to get way too mad about the filling up bars game?

I'm annoyed because it feels like they've basically given up on the lore. The witness 'took' Titan, and then just gave it back, unchanged? That's dumb and makes so little sense. Last time the witness was in the solar system it wiped out human civilization- this time it has killed exactly 3 people? I can't really blame them for deciding that wrapping up the story in a way that takes into account everything that came before would be impossible or too expensive, but I am disappointed.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
also the best part of old titan was chilling on the docks in the rain, new titan lacks vibez

dodgeblan fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 24, 2023

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If they don't bring titan back as a patrol zone they really are the worst developers of all time ever forever.

:colbert:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

Xivu Arath can't not yell

Man Saint 14 got loving furious

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
'YELLING IS MY CHARACTER TRAIT' - saint 14

'BUT I CAN YELL LOUDER' - xivu arath

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't write off Deep Dive yet. Per bungie it's lame on purpose as a joke right now

The real activity and reward Loop are coming in a future week. With the full mechanics available, the mode is a roguelike rather than Seasonal Activity Variant 69.0

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
they're going to delete our characters on death? not the direction I expected but I for one welcome it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

Man Saint 14 got loving furious

dodgeblan posted:

'YELLING IS MY CHARACTER TRAIT' - saint 14

'BUT I CAN YELL LOUDER' - xivu arath

Maybe it's my own personal lack of engagement with the lore/character but that moment was so flat for me it might as well have been concave.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Saint wanting to rip xivu arath in half was very good, to me, but I know that the robot is husbands with the old bird man who was possessed by the moth lady, sister to the goddess of war who was shouting at my drilling platform

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I know all that too I just.... Have a hard time feeling like voices in my ear while I am shooting dudes and standing on plates during a seasonal mission to be an effective emotional delivery.

I used to love a lot of the lore and story but I feel like their seasonal stuff is in one ear out the other most of the time.

Probably a me thing. :ohdear:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah I thought Xivu Arath’s debut kicked rear end and am looking forward to a season of her yelling death metal band names on comms

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh I will say that I was excited when Xivu called because they've been building that up for a while, similar to savathun. That actually was pretty cool. Kind of wish it was more impactful than a ventrilo soundboard prank and 'wait why are scarlet hive here?' but it was still pretty loving cool.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/oddmb_/status/1661404346821615617?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm assuming, based on the trajectory of the plot, that Xivu Arath is going to be resolved prior to the Final Shape expansion.

I am REALLY curious how it's going to go, having a major name be defeated/resolved during a Season rather than an Expansion Campaign or a Raid

It could potentially be... better? There are a lot of logistical limitations when you have a big bad appearing in a campaign or a raid, and they have the opportunity to do something cool here

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Actually...... Yeah..... Considering how much of Xivu's poo poo has been stuffed into seasons instead of lasting content, I guess the idea of "oh yeah you missed the season we killed Xivu" would be kind of in line with the rest of the stuff and probably work better than their other somewhat disappointing expansion bosses. Felt kind of bad for savathun to be such a long time antagonist and such a big threat to kill her in a, albeit involved, campaign mission.

But that also kind of hearkens back to the idea of non-raid players not getting to kill the big bad.

I think, if done well (ha), for active players, Xivu could be a more satisfying foe to fell.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Actually...... Yeah..... Considering how much of Xivu's poo poo has been stuffed into seasons instead of lasting content, I guess the idea of "oh yeah you missed the season we killed Xivu" would be kind of in line with the rest of the stuff and probably work better than their other somewhat disappointing expansion bosses. Felt kind of bad for savathun to be such a long time antagonist and such a big threat to kill her in a, albeit involved, campaign mission.

But that also kind of hearkens back to the idea of non-raid players not getting to kill the big bad.

I think, if done well (ha), for active players, Xivu could be a more satisfying foe to fell.

Temperature check because I have no idea what the fandom thinks: Do we think that Savathun is permanently done as an active player in the plot now that we killed her at the end of WItch Queen?

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

The vanguard has her body but her ghost is still at large. There's a 0% chance she doesn't return at some point.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In Witch Queen we killed (so far) the big bad in the campaign and then the big bad’s boss in the raid. They could always do that again

Xivu Arath has appeared in several seasons without dying, they can build it up for a while

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Saint wanting to rip xivu arath in half was very good, to me, but I know that the robot is husbands with the old bird man who was possessed by the moth lady, sister to the goddess of war who was shouting at my drilling platform

I mean, the shorter version is knowing angry robot man is husband to bird man (something I think players get reminded about in LF) and that Xivu Arath just mocked Osiris in the line before.

e: I feel like some of Saladin's line delivery was real funky. There was like a really emotionless "no" or something that felt completely off, and then there's some dialog between Slone that just felt off, like he was supposed to be possesed or something.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 24, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

NAME REDACTED posted:

Temperature check because I have no idea what the fandom thinks: Do we think that Savathun is permanently done as an active player in the plot now that we killed her at the end of WItch Queen?

Didn't smoosh her ghost so I don't see why she doesn't come back a-la calus or something

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waroduce posted:

Didn't smoosh her ghost so I don't see why she doesn't come back a-la calus or something

Calus we had never actually shot to death before. It wasn't even clear that he had a physical form to shoot until Lightfall

Savathun we killed in her throne world which is supposed to be the end of it as far as the Hive are concerned so I guess we see which part of the canon Bungie prefers to bend

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ Another me thing but I was legit mad about this. Calus, previously, was a dude who just showed up (:airquote:) and said Hey you fuckers want some guns and to party? He felt kind of neutral and fun. And then in LF he shows up for really real, is a sniveling servile dipshit, and we shoot him. They made the coolest bad guy into one of the lamest.

I missed the season where the ghost was the antag. How'd that play out?

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 24, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

the revelation that the Witness betrayed/tricked Savathun, and the various lore bits that she's been working against him, and was responsible for something important during the first collapse (tied to bringing the Veil to neptune) is all heavy signposting that we'll probably pull her out of storage to help us.

Like in a sense, there's isn't a lot of reason for her to be against us?

haveblue posted:

Calus we had never actually shot to death before. It wasn't even clear that he had a physical form to shoot until Lightfall

Savathun we killed in her throne world which is supposed to be the end of it as far as the Hive are concerned so I guess we see which part of the canon Bungie prefers to bend
the part where she has a ghost?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Lucent Hive are absolutely everywhere on Titan so definitely expecting Daddy Imaru to make an appearance soon

Related - kind of annoying that their Seasons Team doesn't have access to the Expansion Team's assets until a year later. It's annoying that we get Savathun/Throne World follow-up this year, and had Europa/Bray developments last year

I won't say we're getting Neomuna Updates next year because they are going to quietly sweep that planet under the rug ASAP

haveblue posted:

In Witch Queen we killed (so far) the big bad in the campaign and then the big bad’s boss in the raid. They could always do that again

Xivu Arath has appeared in several seasons without dying, they can build it up for a while

I think it depends on whether we expect The Final Shape & Its Underlying Season to be the end of the light and dark saga, or if we expect The Fourth Season Of Year 7 to be the end of the light and dark saga. Or somewhere in between. It's a huge difference if they have four seasons of narrative to wrap things up vs 7

But (and this is not spoilers or leaks or anything) the lore tabs on the gear this season have a LOT of conversations between Xivu and the Witness where she's clearly being told 'you are not granted access to The Final Shape. go fight the guardians until you die, thanks beb'

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah a hive god dies if you kill it in its throne world, but a guardian (including a hive guardian) comes back when the ghost does its thang

Savathun can come back without violating The Lore as long as Imaru presses X

But he needs her body which is in a lockbox in the tower I think

Osiris was oddly warm when speaking of Savathun in the Veil mission. I thought she was done for and gone from the game 5ever but that was the first time I felt like maybe they have a plan to bring her back in some manner.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I'm kind of disappointed the seasonal armor is more scuba based and not, like, old fashioned diving suits. Would have been sick to dress my titan as a big daddy.

Not a criticism, just a missed opportunity.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I'm sure there are people who like this seasons outfits, and I am happy for them. But I also woulda loved a big ol' brass diving suit for my titan. The weird tube suit doesn't seem titany and the flowing water angel armor isn't my thing.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Yo Stronghold is highkey busted right now both in function and application; restoration x 2 is still wild, its proccing off of any sword kill regardless of if you guarded, and it looks like they made the defensive buff stronger.

Look I like being dumb swordman ok let me have this

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Absolutely love having the fishing meter bar die in a fire and the whole fishing experience disappear because a public event spawned in. Cool. Good. Amazing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I definitely see a 100% increase to Fish PondoMeter coming soon

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Final Shape trailer in that playstation showcase

Marathon game too lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cayde is back so we can kill him again

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

god dammit am i gonna have to play this poo poo again for cayde

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
?

What happened with Cayde?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1661476037585428481?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Could anyone tell which voice they got?