Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does soul stone count toward abomination
I would think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Drinkslinger posted:

Anyone got a good deck that revolves around Daredevil?

Nebula, DD, Armor, Jeff, Cosmo, Shang-Chi, Spiderman, Attuma, Sentry, Prof X, Doc Oc, Destroyer.

If you don't have Nebula use what you want. Everything else is purposeful. I'm on my phone so no time for a writeup but basically every card combos off of 2-4 things.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah this card rules. Holy poo poo.

Just dumped a 20 power Hulk on some folks meanwhile Cyclops was cutting people down over and over.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nikumatic posted:

Luke.

(This is why my HighEvo deck waiting for the patch has Rogue.)

I've played 4 games since they dropped HE, and all four have been with those decks. After the first two (one was a narrow win, other was a loss) I slotted Luke Cage.

First game with LC I never drew him, second one he was Enchantress-ed immediately.

Like you said, anyone in an HE deck has Rogue or Enchantress or both. Some grade-A BS.

I guess a Galactus deck is the only decent counter?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
One thing this game definitely needs is more cards with similar effects. I know they have a million more cards to release and they need to make money but hear me out.

In a 12 card deck, if you need some type of effect, right now there’s usually only 1, maybe a couple ways to get it. That sucks. It can also lead to things like the only good/real counter to ABC is XYZ. In both situations, it can pretty severely limit what decks you can make.

If more cards had similar effects, a given deck could work, just maybe not 100% optimally. Or maybe there’s a different trade off. Or maybe it needs a slightly different support card or two. Or it could only be played in certain conditions. And on and on. It might ease the S3 treadmill a bit too? — there may be a slightly increased chance of picking up a card with an effect you’re looking for. It may feel better to the player base.

Yeah, there will still be “best in slot” cards. But still. I feel like reducing the black and white nature of “yes I can make this deck and it works mostly like it’s purpose” is a good thing.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The High Evolutionary deck is very fun.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does soul stone count toward abomination

yes

basically anything that reduces (not sets) power counts as an affliction

note that this includes locations, so anything your opponent plays into sewer/negative zone/etc. counts for discounting abom

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Youremother posted:

Luke Cage, to start with

Also, I wanna say: I've played against a few High Evo decks since he dropped, and the effects they gave his cards are choice. I love the Thing throwing fire hydrants at you and Cyclops finally gets his eye beams.

Idk if it's android only but he shoots eyebeams while hovering before placing at a location.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

I don't have luke cage so I guess I'm playing for dailies only for the foreseeable future.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I like HE so far, but in the handful of games I've played I haven't yet come across anyone who wasn't also playing him. Winners came down to whoever took out the other's Luke

It's the new hotness so I get it, but man this is going to completely swarm the meta

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hobo Clown posted:

I like HE so far, but in the handful of games I've played I haven't yet come across anyone who wasn't also playing him. Winners came down to whoever took out the other's Luke

It's the new hotness so I get it, but man this is going to completely swarm the meta

Me over here playing hand lock Master Mold :smug:

Darkhawk is going to be feasting against all the Thanos HE.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah I’m looking forward to that

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is my current Evo deck and I'm having a good time with it.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Nebula
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) The Thing
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXN0eUtuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikx1a2VDYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSb2d1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hvY2tlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlVGhpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFib21pbmF0aW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

yeah, I'm "working" so just watching streams rather than playing, but from what I've seen the energy skip HE decks are currently maybe the way to go because your poo poo mostly doesn't get turned off by luke (you can still run wasp/cyclops), sunspot/she-hulk is still a good supporting synergy, and hulk is now a genuinely great payoff

also: HE cyclops appears to be quite strong, I definitely underestimated how good that card is in practice

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 24, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What a fun time to be 2k tokens short.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
OK Thing/Abomination/She Hulk is a VICIOUS t6

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Bottom Liner posted:

I just opened MM in a cache. Mind posting your deck?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

What a fun time to be 2k tokens short.

Sounds like you should’ve been memorizing every upcoming card instead of every deck in this thread. :smug:

Ben Brode this is still not on Apple, why are you determined to cause a second Hiroshima’s worth of anguish on your loyal fan base who jumps down you throat over every perceived slight?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

cirus posted:

OK Thing/Abomination/She Hulk is a VICIOUS t6

Me in pool 1 reading posts like these:

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Galactus is in my shop and I'm tempted to buy him just to say gently caress to HE. This is what you've made me Ben.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Debrii feels like a mandatory HE include if you're on afflict. Stops Galactus and gives fodder for the go-wide cards.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
I love Cyke's lil eye beams spiking out every turn. His play animation has always been so awesome, so I'm thrilled to be actually playing him finally.
Also Thing chucks rocks and fire hydrants at dudes. HE is the best way to spend tokens this game has ever had.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I just opened MM in a cache. Mind posting your deck?

Korg
MM
Zabu
Darkhawk
Rockslide
Mystique
B Widow
Wave
Odin
Ronan
Doom

Last spot can be tech of your choice. Iceman is great to screw their hand before you start clogging them. Widow/Wave/Odin combo is a brutal B combo to the rest of the deck, and you have the Ronan/Hawk/Mystique plays on 5/6 for raw power. Skrull is probably a good choice with all the HE around.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 24, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Begun the HE wars have

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

If you were ABOUT to win all 3 locations but your opponent retreats before the turn that should count dang it.

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 24, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Also if I put the 6 drop down and ended the turn, I should get mission credit for playing it even if they retreat.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Now is a real good time for C2 with Luke Cage

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

gently caress you, HE, Teefs sends his regards.

Rejected tag line: gently caress you, Zabu, I'll do it myself.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Seems the best way to avoid HE is to not be playing with HE in your deck.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I see on their Discord they are recommending that if you play the game on iOS and Steam that you wait to update Steam because it will lock you out of the iOS version until the new update drops

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
HE is super fun. I'm currently playing an afflict only version. Someone ran Zabu and Absorbing Man against me and that was kind of spicy.
I've literally only played against mirror decks or Galactus since opening the game though.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Every minute that passes without the iOS update is another 9/11.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nikumatic posted:

Every minute that passes without the iOS update is another 9/11.

I’ve put in a phone call to my friend, Tim Apple, the owner of the App Store, and he told me Ben Brode is quoted as saying “make those fuckers wait.”

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

absolutely braindead HE player, no idea why he committed enchantress to the sewer when I'd already filled it on t3 and cyclops was already going to work. Still only won cause of sinister London since I don't have HE or luke cage. Guess I gotta tech rogue into all decks now and hope i can snipe Luke.

e: also 8/9 on season caches yielding boosters :(

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 24, 2023

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

skill issue

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The New Meta dot pee enn gee

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

iOS update is live

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 24, 2023

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
First HE idea I'm going to test is a energy skip one where you just play Hulk as your only HE card and try and trigger him turns 1-3 then rescue into prof x and finish with a 18 power Hulk in another lane.

Probably wont work but whatever.

Something like

Nebula
Sunspot
Wasp
Jeff
Lizard
Rescue
Crossbones
HE
Spiderman
Proff x
Hulk
Chavez

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo. If you have Luke Cage out and your opponent plays HE Thing, the cinder blocks and fire hydrants bounce off of your dudes. This is the best update ever.