Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

i do like using the 10 non special resin crafts for the hat or gloves since there's no rng on those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kyrosiris posted:

If big lotto wanted me to take it it should stop being against good relics like the hook or the cheese :colbert:

I might be thinking of something else, but I thought the cheese just healed you at the end of battle? I've always considered it by far the worst Curio (well, excluding the ones that are supposed to be penalties). At least the lotto ticket has a chance of being good, as opposed to 100% useless.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

I might be thinking of something else, but I thought the cheese just healed you at the end of battle? I've always considered it by far the worst Curio (well, excluding the ones that are supposed to be penalties). At least the lotto ticket has a chance of being good, as opposed to 100% useless.

The blue cheese, the one that adds +1 to everyone's eidolons.

e:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 24, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

ultrachrist posted:

I used my custom relic to make a crit chest for Seele in quantum set. The only piece I’m missing now is boots and while trying to get boots from the stagnant shadow (or w/e it called), I’ve now received multiple crit chests and only garbage boots.

I have atk % boots for her, which is what prydwen says you should have, but I'm still questioning if speed would be better. What type of boots are people going for for Seele?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

The blue cheese, the one that adds +1 to everyone's eidolons.

e:

Honestly I have no idea how to value that because I don't have a list of all my characters' next Eidolon bonus in my head. Like, it's probably good? But hard to get excited about.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Good but not amazing is about how I'd evaluate it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You know the train you are in having a revolver chamber and sights attached to the top makes me think we are going to get a scene where it turns into a huge gun/rifle and I cant wait

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its insanely context dependant. for instance, jing yuan's e1.

quote:

When Lightning-Lord attacks, the DMG multiplier on enemies adjacent to the target enemy increases by an extra amount equal to 25% of the DMG multiplier against the target enemy.

Good for AOE situations, but it's not going to break the bank. good for cocolia, useless for kafka.

gepard's e1.

quote:

Base chance for Gepard's Skill to Freeze enemies increases by 35%.

fantastic if you're using him in a remembrance freeze team, pretty useless if youre just using him as a shielder against cocolia.

bailu's e4

quote:

Every healing provided by Bailu's Skill makes the recipient deal 10% more DMG for 2 turn(s). This effect can stack up to 3 time(s).

yeah ill take a free 30% damage boost forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also notably if a character is at E6 already then it does literally nothing for them, which reduces its value proposition a lot if you have a character or two on your team that are E6. which, hopefully you dont have any 5*s at E6, but its quite possible to have a 4* there by now. i have hook e6 for instance so if i was using her itd mean my main dps was getting nothing from it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, admittedly, a lot of my "holy poo poo blue cheese" reaction came when I did not have E1 for Sampo (which adds another hit to his skill).

It's handy for Fireblazer, though, who can't be E6 yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
please someone help, I can't stop pulling Natasha, I have all of her eidolons and I just pulled her *again* for 20 starlight

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

One thing I like about the game is that the dailies are pretty quick but you can also play more if you want. I'll probably get sick of it eventually but SU is still fun and it's good to be able to test out new units and such even without stamina.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Substandard posted:

I have atk % boots for her, which is what prydwen says you should have, but I'm still questioning if speed would be better. What type of boots are people going for for Seele?

speed boots on everyone imo. other than my healer since i don't need heals THAT often

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

GateOfD posted:

speed boots on everyone imo. other than my healer since i don't need heals THAT often

Yeah but speed boots on a healer means they get more turns in to give your characters more skill points.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've got both a E6 Herta and Nat :)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Seele already hits speed breakpoints without speed boots, and iirc speed boots don't get her to the next breakpoint. She's basically the only one that doesn't need speed boots. ATK% boots give better returns of damage, even if you have her lightcone.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 24, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally hit next Equilibrium. I ended up having enough materials to get 3 characters and LCs to 70, with the limiting factor being XP items (I can actually ascend quite a few other characters, just wouldn't be able to get them all the way to 70). For now I have Welt/Jing Yuan/Bailu caught up. Bailu's heals are quite chunky now. Her Invigoration mechanic in particular really adds up to a lot of healing (and purely reactive/instant healing, which is very useful) and seems to be the main thing differentiating her from Natasha.

Before hitting the next Equilibrium I tried 3-2 again and *almost* won. Gepard was at 1% HP on his last phase! I was down to just Bailu, the only character I had who could handle his damage in the third phase (the others inevitably got unlucky at some point during Phase 3 and would get teamed up on by both Gepard and his adds), and almost managed to solo the last 30% of his health with her (due entirely to using the Resonance attack, since Bailu herself obviously did virtually no damage).

I imagine it'll probably be pretty easy now with her (and a couple others) at 70.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The secret to su is just pick destruction. Have a healer? Doesn't matter destruction. Underleveled? You betcha. The sheer amount of survivability it brings with its damage buffs is bonkers. Take the formation that makes it drain hp first, and then the autocast one. After that you are golden.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

destruction has been by far the most consistent for me to clear any difficulty. i used clara/natasha/bronya/seele for every world at EL4 and i feel like you really shouldn't be that strong when using a healer character and no damage characters that synergize with low hp.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Eimi posted:

The secret to su is just pick destruction. Have a healer? Doesn't matter destruction. Underleveled? You betcha. The sheer amount of survivability it brings with its damage buffs is bonkers. Take the formation that makes it drain hp first, and then the autocast one. After that you are golden.

been saying this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I like Hunt and Reflection a lot, but I only like Reflection because I have Gepard and Hunt because I have a juiced-up Seele

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I avoid destruction, why should I want to get hit or stay below 50% hp when I can just not take damage because of thick shields

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Because if you go full destruction and get the right blessings, your character at 50% hp would be tougher than one behind Gepard's shield.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GateOfD posted:

I avoid destruction, why should I want to get hit or stay below 50% hp when I can just not take damage because of thick shields

bc it doubles your damage and you have 5000 defence and thick shields

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also probably just about everyone wants to get to 120 speed to activate their ornament set bonus

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Only for the party-wide atk bonus one, which to be fair is pretty useful generally on people who don't care about their own stats at all. But for like an attacker the crit rate one is almost certainly better, and tanks might want def which activates from a massive amount of Effect Hit for some bizarre reason?

Edit: Also the self-only atk one, of course, but that doesn't seem great.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The effect hit one makes sense for the freeze tanks, but yeah they'll want to release new sets that better fit other units in the future. Also I could see Space Sealing Station being competitive with the effect hit atk set, while also just being a solid fallback for damage characters.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 24, 2023

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Prydwen loves the self-atk relic for almost all attackers

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, 2/3 of current Preservation use freeze so that sort of makes sense, but 50% Effect Hit is like crazy high and you probably won't reach it unless you're specifically gearing for it? But if that's your priority why do you even care about this tiny def bonus, go wear more effect hit gear instead. It just seems like a weirdly difficult requirement compared to the others.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

Prydwen loves the self-atk relic for almost all attackers

Huh, weird. I guess I'm just used to everyone saying that +atk is always low value in Genshin because you already get it from so many other sources.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

My fireblazer has the hit effect one.
She’s wearing gepards light one though which comes with 25hit effect by default. Wasn’t that hard to get 25 more from substats since it seems to be one of the more common rolls. At the least, her taunts are like never gonna be resisted

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 24, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
A 5* effect hit body is 43% and March/Gepard pass 50% with their traces added to that. If you want that from substats only then yeah it's a different story. March won't have good damage without Eidolons and her CC is good enough value that the build makes sense to me, Gepard will probably be the one people minmax effect hit though substats because of his 18% from traces and def-to-atk conversion.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 24, 2023

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

Huh, weird. I guess I'm just used to everyone saying that +atk is always low value in Genshin because you already get it from so many other sources.

It's probably because the ATK one has better numbers and except on Clara and Lion Man you're not doing most of your damage from followup and ults

I wonder how much having Bronya pushes towards crit% though

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 24, 2023

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's probably because the ATK one has better numbers and except on Clara and Lion Man you're not doing most of your damage from followup and ults

I wonder how much having Bronya pushes towards crit% though

The ATK one has good numbers but the main reason to focus on it over other relics that might be competitive is that it drops from world 3, which also drops the relics you want on 3/4s of your party, so getting the right main stat is way easier.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Clarste posted:

Its cause for a long time the strongest sustain unit was also the strongest attack buffer. If Tingyun had Bailu's entire kit folded into hers people would probably think Atk wasn't super important here, either.

But even in Genshin, Atk is super under-rated compared to crit% and damage%

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

berenzen posted:

Seele already hits speed breakpoints without speed boots, and iirc speed boots don't get her to the next breakpoint. She's basically the only one that doesn't need speed boots. ATK% boots give better returns of damage, even if you have her lightcone.

Clara also doesn't really need speed boots.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Can someone explain to me why non-Kafka DOT characters would want speed boots? I get that you might want to avoid being lapped too hard, or maybe you want a specific team order, but it definitely seems more niche than stacking atk.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

haypliss posted:

Can someone explain to me why non-Kafka DOT characters would want speed boots? I get that you might want to avoid being lapped too hard, or maybe you want a specific team order, but it definitely seems more niche than stacking atk.

Generic answer, meeting the speed bonus for relic sets. Most characters need speed boots to easily match the 120 requirement.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kild posted:

bc it doubles your damage and you have 5000 defence and thick shields

I keep getting wiped on 6-2 trying to auto battle the two elite robots. Seems like a total hassle even with the right blessings

E: was I supposed to bring a healer? e1 Gep with his signature weapon clearly isn’t enough, but healing is bad for this path right?

padijun fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i run it with a healer, but i know kild uses gepard and no healer for his runs