Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, here’s more info about said game:

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/24/welcome-to-revenant-hill-where-your-journey-to-become-a-witchs-familiar-begins/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Excited for this! New game, but now without the employee tied to 10 different sexual assault accusations.
didn't he kill himself?

a shame about all that, I liked his music in Aquaria.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Excited for this! New game, but now without the employee tied to 10 different sexual assault accusations.

did they never cut ties with the other one

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

did they never cut ties with the other one

Wait, there was more than one?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Wait, there was more than one?

no, it was just alec holowka. someone on twitter tried to get a similar campaign started against scott benson but they turned out to be a paranoid schizophrenic convinced people were waiting outside their door to murder them, so it didn't really take off

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

never mind, I thought Jeremy Soule had composed for NitW but I was mistaken

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope this new Marathon game has some good elevator puzzles

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Relax Or DIE posted:

the main reason to not put out a PC port of Bloodborne is to avoid another round of 'bloodborne goated' discourse from souls-addled gamers thinking that grinding out the muscle memory for when to dodge toward and to the right of the boss is the pinnacle of action gameplay. parryheads wouldn't last one level in a real action game, like wonderful 101 on 101%
Yes but Bloodborne is better than the Dark Souls games so it should be on PC

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
By the time it comes to PC it'll be so old even people doing the "it's better than DS" prank will find it lacking

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope this new Marathon game has some good elevator puzzles
probably not, considering its a "multiplayer" "gaas" "extraction shooter"

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

homeless snail posted:

probably not, considering its a "multiplayer" "gaas" "extraction shooter"

Hey now, "Colony Ship for Sale; Cheap" would make for a great pvp loot map

prove me wrong

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

legendary gun for sale, never used. saddest story ever told

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Legendary Baby Shoes; 2% resist to Death

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Legendary Baby Shoes; 2% resist to Death
:vince:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama posted:

Guess Marathon has some ARG stuff hidden away on the site. Bungie remembered they can do that, anyway.
https://hearoursilence.com/4673c/hearoursilence_4673c.pdf
Got puzzled out, goes to an unlisted youtube link that's waiting for 7777 people to get in if you're morbidly curious. At around 3500 right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcXob5iu-0

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Hogama posted:

Got puzzled out, goes to an unlisted youtube link that's waiting for 7777 people to get in if you're morbidly curious. At around 3500 right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcXob5iu-0

Maybe THIS is where they hid all the BoB's and switch puzzles

I want to believe

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrv0dpztryY
It's now moved to "What is Marathon? | Somewhere In The Heavens - ViDoc" and premieres in 10 minutes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/mgsmgn/status/1661525947810738176?s=46&t=OL468rHg605_jJQe_v4j2Q

Well, hot dog

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

UBISoft is currently operating in the red right now, they lost $500 million dollars in the last year. One of the biggest game publishers, and they made no money in 2022, and they expect 2023 to be another loss.

Mario + Rabbids erasure!!!!

No I didn't buy it either.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There's a big Warhammer video game stream tomorrow morning, we'll probably get more Space Marine 2 news then

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1661401893048909824?s=20

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It blew my mind to find out years later that this is the same studio that did the terrible Zelda games.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The team that did the animations though are fantastic. I can't tell why people make fun of it, and yeah it's certainly out of place in a Zelda game... But it's good. Very expressive animation, rapidly cycling between wild emotions in handrawn frames while completely embracing being a cartoon. The smallest little interactions with NPCs sometimes just deliver such a burst of oddness and energy in the shortest little animations.

You give these people a show on adult swim in 2001 they woulda made something wild and amazing for a more eclectic audience than people trying to buy a Zelda game for a boombox.

It's kind of hard to see where these animators went after the company that made these games got swallowed by Vivendi. I watched videos of their other games and they all seem like cartoons trapped inside pixelly early janky PC adventure games.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Finished Majora's Mask (n64 version on switch). Don't have anything particularly insightful to say, but i'll still post about it

Big improvement over ocarina of time in every way (except... well there's a reason Saria's song and the song of storms live on and none of the new MM ocarina songs do). If you ask me, "do these games hold up?", the answer is "mos' definitely", buuuUUUuut there's still lots of tedium attached. Some of the optional quest stuff in M'sM requires repeating stuff you've already done, sometimes a lot of it. Ok so overall: some good and interesting design decisions, lots of imo bad ones; awesome vibe/mood/feel/energy; probably won't play it again, glad I can move on

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

apologies to looper for the uneven tiers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Stone Tower was always my favorite but that boss was kinda lame

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
putting water temple in 'just bad' is a skill issue

it's held back by the bad UI for boots, but you have a tier specifically for that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After probably 100+ hours, I have completed the "Path of Champions" in Legend of Runeterra, and I will be satisfied putting that game away without playing a single multiplayer game lol. It is my favorite of the Slay the Spire-likes, though I need to put some more time into Griftlands.

A slog of a year for me so far in terms of completions lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After probably 100+ hours, I have completed the "Path of Champions" in Legend of Runeterra, and I will be satisfied putting that game away without playing a single multiplayer game lol. It is my favorite of the Slay the Spire-likes, though I need to put some more time into Griftlands.

A slog of a year for me so far in terms of completions lol

oh, i didn't know they had a StSalike now. might have to give it a try to slake my thirst for more league #content

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the thing about card games is that they are inherently cowardly. by allowing random chance(god, essentially) to determine a limited set of actions out of the whole you're admitting that the freedom to act on all possibilities is simply too frightening. every draw is an admission that you chose to cede your future to fate.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Things are only random if you have incomplete knowledge. Even in digital games, if you shed all ignorance you can see every outcome from your next draw all the way back to the big bang

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:yeshaha:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

drat, it only took like ten+ years for them to think about porting MGS4, huh? Or at least, I assume that’s what the “volume 1” part means. And it’s kinda funny to see them announcing a port that includes MGS3 right after the announcement on the remake.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Volume 2 will be Acid 1 & 2 plus Revengence

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Volume 2 will be Acid 1 & 2 plus Revengence

Throw in Ghost Babel and that honestly doesn't sound too bad (I've unironically kind of wanted a collection of the Metal Gear side games)

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the only remake the people (me) need is REmakes, and we already have that for all the good RE games so there's no point in anything else

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDhaY8T9fyw

time for another nice cup of liber-TEA

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

i vividly remember the first game having the most weirdly tactile "firing on an empty magazine" feedback. oh yeah and it was fun and stuff

the progression didn't seem to make sense though? everything was kind of the same forever. might be misremembering but i wanted it to be more like EDF

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping Vol 2 is MGS4, Peace Walker, Ground Zero, & 5 at a minimum.

Everything past that is gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you listed 5 twice