Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

padijun posted:

I keep getting wiped on 6-2 trying to auto battle the two elite robots. Seems like a total hassle even with the right blessings

E: was I supposed to bring a healer? e1 Gep with his signature weapon clearly isn’t enough, but healing is bad for this path right?

Natasha is ok to bring but mostly for her cleanse cus gently caress that freeze if you dont get the shield cleanse or the eff res

e:

was my last 6-2 run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ibblebibble posted:

Clara also doesn't really need speed boots.

SPD almost feels actively counterproductive (heh) on her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is the "points" thing for the tournament just flavor or is there something I'm supposed to be grinding now?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Is the "points" thing for the tournament just flavor or is there something I'm supposed to be grinding now?

flavor

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kild posted:

was my last 6-2 run

lol

is there a path that doesn't work with 18/22 blessings and a doc robe?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

padijun posted:

lol

is there a path that doesn't work with 18/22 blessings and a doc robe?

skill issue?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

earlier i tried running nihility without the same team i normally use just to finish unlocking everything for it and i had a pretty similar run to the above screenshot but was horribly weak since that team didn't have any dots at all they could apply. likewise i imagine abundance and preservation would be pretty awful if you didn't have a healer or shielder on your team (though ive never tried it.) you can just jam destruction and clear really easily in comparison, even running a healer that should theoretically be working against what you're trying to do and without running characters that actually care about being at low hp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nihility literally doesn't need anyone to apply dots, though

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've not deeply explored about half the paths yet, but obviously running teams that don't inherently support your path gimmick makes it harder. Nihility will give you ways to inflict DOTs but you need to get the resonance or specific card buffs to set that up, same for stuff like Remembrance without freeze characters or Elation without anyone who does followups. Stuff like Hunt or Destruction seem pretty neutral though, and Preservation gives so many sources of shielding I assume it needs no help getting off the ground.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like a big issue I have in SU is that I still always choose blessings/curios I don't have whenever they come up, even if they don't do much for me. It's gradually becoming less of an issue, at least.

I think it's mainly a blessing issue, because I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to survive the 3-2/4-2 final boss's attacks otherwise with level 60 characters, unless you just have amazing relics on them. Like I had Bailu spamming heals constantly (and even with some buffs to it, like the raw +healing and +hp blessings), and the non-Bailu characters just couldn't survive if Gepard's adds attacked them after Gepard's AoE. Having fire MC probably would have made a big difference with that due to the taunt.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If you're trying to push SU that you haven't done yet and/or outlevels you, you should be picking blessings that form a build that helps you win, because it kind of sucks to spend 20-30 minutes getting to the end of a tough run and then fail at the finish line because your build stinks because you grabbed random stuff.

You can run super easy low difficulty stomp SUs in 5 minutes on autobattle later on to fill out your "stuff i haven't taken" list.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yanqing really starts shredding stuff at high trace levels even without an ice weakness, this is great. Can't wait to actually start working on 5* relics for him.

Also, are "Obakan" or "Hue" or "Khliasa" posters here? I keep getting friend requests from them but they're not on the spreadsheet.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

If you're trying to push SU that you haven't done yet and/or outlevels you, you should be picking blessings that form a build that helps you win, because it kind of sucks to spend 20-30 minutes getting to the end of a tough run and then fail at the finish line because your build stinks because you grabbed random stuff.

You can run super easy low difficulty stomp SUs in 5 minutes on autobattle later on to fill out your "stuff i haven't taken" list.

To be fair, you get most rewards even if you fail (and it costs no extra fuel). So it's not that bad losing. That recent one was just frustrating because I came so close to a surprise win.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm incredibly annoyed at my last SU run. I ran through most of world 4 pretty easily but then I got to Svarog phase 3 and his hands basically one shot natasha and seele from near full health and then at some point him and his hands got like 9 turns in a row and I just died to multiple of his bombardment moves.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Garrand posted:

I'm incredibly annoyed at my last SU run. I ran through most of world 4 pretty easily but then I got to Svarog phase 3 and his hands basically one shot natasha and seele from near full health and then at some point him and his hands got like 9 turns in a row and I just died to multiple of his bombardment moves.

dads are tough

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

usually don't have trouble now, but you can be a cheater and panic force restart your mobile device or game app. if you lose to bad rng on the last leg.
you end up at the start of battle before the encounter. you do lose any techique pts you may have burned beforehand though

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New guy just dropped on the official Weibo, coming in 1.2. Physical Nihility, should be interesting.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

haypliss posted:

I've not deeply explored about half the paths yet, but obviously running teams that don't inherently support your path gimmick makes it harder. Nihility will give you ways to inflict DOTs but you need to get the resonance or specific card buffs to set that up, same for stuff like Remembrance without freeze characters or Elation without anyone who does followups. Stuff like Hunt or Destruction seem pretty neutral though, and Preservation gives so many sources of shielding I assume it needs no help getting off the ground.

Destruction is also pretty bad without the specific Resonance bonus that puts yourself in critical, imo. As in it does almost nothing at full HP.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

New guy just dropped on the official Weibo, coming in 1.2. Physical Nihility, should be interesting.

Hey, the guy on the sweat LC, cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

he reminds me of teru tendo and also diluc, how odd

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The easiest way to clear any SU that is outlevelled for you is just choosing Abundance and plugging your phone into a power source as you turn on auto battling. Every fight takes loving forever and it’s the most tedious poo poo in the world, but you can’t loving die unless you get literally one shot, and it basically always works except for that “and then you get one shot” exception. So far it’s always worked for me outside of 4-2 where the boss just accumulates so much damage that even that poo poo doesn’t work, although I bet it could/would depending on how lucky I got with blessings.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 25, 2023

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Threw my UID into the spreadsheet linked in case anyone needs a lvl 70 Seele !

Also did the 60 -> 70 ascension for sushang just now and with that ticket pulled the 5* destruction light cone. Honestly thinking about pivoting from sushang as second team dps to Hook now honestly.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

In the future all youthful anime gym bros in games will be named Luke.

Anyway 1.1 stream tomorrow at about 7:30EST/4:30PDT. Assuming same format as Genshins and 30ish minute or so run times.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kale posted:

In the future all youthful anime gym bros in games will be named Luke.

Anyway 1.1 stream tomorrow at about 7:30EST/4:30PDT. Assuming same format as Genshins and 30ish minute or so run times.

I wake up at 8-8:30 est :negative:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Threw my UID into the spreadsheet linked in case anyone needs a lvl 70 Seele !

Also did the 60 -> 70 ascension for sushang just now and with that ticket pulled the 5* destruction light cone. Honestly thinking about pivoting from sushang as second team dps to Hook now honestly.

Seele is my main DPS, but there's so many physical and fire weak bosses in the current content that I've built both Sushang and Hook as well and haven't regretted it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i managed to get all stars in the mirrorverse by limping on the last 2 stages with a half lv50-60 characters

but looks like i have to actually have two real teams for the real chaos memory stages.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is Luka bumping Kafka or Blade from 1.2 then?

I'm getting to the point where I'll have to pick a main team with a couple alternates instead of just leveling up and using everyone. I liked shaking things up, especially with how repetitive the ultimates can get. I suppose I can always borrow shared characters for some of the daily and weekly content to keep myself sane.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Luka's a 4*, Kafka and Blade are the 1.2 5*s.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

trying to built up sampo just because i don't have any wind characters leveled, and not a fan of dan (too many hunts already and have few nility leveled)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

IF Honkai is gonna give us an Adol then we need a Dogi as well!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibblebibble posted:

Hope he's good, I love fistfighters as an archetype.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

34 blessing seems crazy only going through all the 1st level difficulty stuff. Are there just that many more battles or is this some sort of extreme luck?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Substandard posted:

34 blessing seems crazy only going through all the 1st level difficulty stuff. Are there just that many more battles or is this some sort of extreme luck?

There's a very rare event that will give you all the blessings of a path that isn't the one you chose for your run

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Substandard posted:

There are events that can give you every blessing for a given Path - I have to imagine one of those was involved.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is it generally better to choose the event or the battle when you have those choices?

I guess the battle is a guaranteed blessing, while the event can give a variety of things. I usually choose the events.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

IF Honkai is gonna give us an Adol then we need a Dogi as well!

Goddamn I just got Ys VI music into my head because of this post.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Is it generally better to choose the event or the battle when you have those choices?

I guess the battle is a guaranteed blessing, while the event can give a variety of things. I usually choose the events.

I always choose battle bc its more consistent, imo.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I tend to go with the fights to get the guaranteed blessing. I weigh the resonance more heavily than curios and getting the matching blessings can be a crapshoot sometimes.

If I’m just running SU without trying to hard to win I’ll pick events to try and fill out my curios. (Only missing one cuckoo clock at the moment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

There are events that can give you every blessing for a given Path - I have to imagine one of those was involved.

It was involved!

I am still missing a blessing from that path...in fact there are 22 blessings in the abundance path. I am at 21/22. The "gift" gives you 18.

I do not understand.

also, seele coming in clutch, almost was a wipe after losing tingyun in phase 3