Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Feel like Yam Yam is doing great here and should win. Would be okay with a Carolyn win though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
🍠 🍠 :toot:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Yay for Yam Yam, was the one I’ve been pulling for going into the merge. Hilarious and astute player.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Feels like a borderline top-10 season for me, satisfying finale and a great winner

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, for as much as the early season seemed to revolve around endless twists and advantages this season really came together post merge.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

props to yam yam but i’m bummed carolyn didn’t even get 1 vote wth

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

props to yam yam but i’m bummed carolyn didn’t even get 1 vote wth

Yeah, I'm happy for Yam Yam, especially since he's the first gay winner in 30 seasons, but I don't understand how Heidi came in second, and Carolyn didn't get a single vote. I guess most of her edit was mostly her confessionals, so the jury didn't realize how well she was playing the game.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I'm happy for Yam Yam, especially since he's the first gay winner in 30 seasons, but I don't understand how Heidi came in second, and Carolyn didn't get a single vote. I guess most of her edit was mostly her confessionals, so the jury didn't realize how well she was playing the game.

He's the second Hispanic Man to win :toot:. I think he's also a much stronger winner than Chris Underwood

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Should have figured it was yam yam, dont need to open a store if you win

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Nihonniboku posted:

I was happy about this, but seriously, no votes for Carolyn? Not even Carson? Why on earth were people voting for Heidi?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

SteveVizsla posted:

I was happy about this, but seriously, no votes for Carolyn? Not even Carson? Why on earth were people voting for Heidi?

because danny

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Solid end, decent season.

I think I prefer 42 more but 44's a solid 2nd place out of new era.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought this season was painfully boring

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I cried during the Yam-Yam/Carson fire scene. drat what a dude Yam-Yam is. Made me really understand Carson better, too. What a great jury too, full control of the situation, just like the season. Yam-Yam was the clear winner.

I think Carolyn also played a really good game. Just her best ally was the person who could beat her which happens sometimes. I legitimately think she wins against maybe anyone else but maybe Lauren (who just had so many jury friends).

Heidi had a nice jury talk. Her overall season was weird. Someone posted earlier about so little of her game being on TV and yeah it seemed like we didn’t get anything from them strategically. like I said last week it often felt her alliance was playing on another beach somewhere and kept going to the wrong season’s tribal council with how off they were. But she seemed cool though and fire was the right move for her.

Kane calling Tika “risk-adverse “ when lot of the risks in this one were really stupid and opened the door for Tika was funny.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/AMikeBloomType/status/1661558583476068352

Yam Yam is such a great winner. I think his explanation of how he read people's eyes to confirm lies clinched the win. They actually edited a social game well for once. Plus they set the precedent that you can win fire but still lose the game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m happy for Yam Yam. I think Carolyn had a good case for it too but it didn’t come out during the deliberation. That episode where she got the read on Matt and played the Idol on Carson to blow him out was the biggest move of the season imo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy for Yam Yam and very satisfied but man wtf jury how you gonna leave Carolyn in the mud like that

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Carolyn was robbed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It wouldn't be a survivor finale if someone didn't get robbed. Hell, usually the winner is not the person you want it to be with the one you do getting 1 to 0 votes.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
"Oh my god, you've changed my life forever" says every person who then voted for somebody else.

I don't know if it was just the editing of the FTC, but it was way too hugboxy. "Great, Heidi won a single immunity, and made fire. Interesting that she picked the worst fire maker to go up against. But yes, it was a big move. The only big move from the player that wasn't worth getting rid of the entire game because she did nothing. Oh, you want to criticize my playing an idol on Carson when I absolutely needed to keep him in the game for my strategy and couldn't trust two of the three people telling me to trust them? Lets talk about Heidi utterly misplaying an idol because she was so far out of the loop."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

apparently the 4th straight season with a 7-1-0 vote

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheCenturion posted:

"Oh my god, you've changed my life forever" says every person who then voted for somebody else.

I don't know if it was just the editing of the FTC, but it was way too hugboxy. "Great, Heidi won a single immunity, and made fire. Interesting that she picked the worst fire maker to go up against. But yes, it was a big move. The only big move from the player that wasn't worth getting rid of the entire game because she did nothing. Oh, you want to criticize my playing an idol on Carson when I absolutely needed to keep him in the game for my strategy and couldn't trust two of the three people telling me to trust them? Lets talk about Heidi utterly misplaying an idol because she was so far out of the loop."

The entire season was a big hugbox.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Khanstant posted:

It wouldn't be a survivor finale if someone didn't get robbed. Hell, usually the winner is not the person you want it to be with the one you do getting 1 to 0 votes.

Maryanne definitely won well over Mike, the latter had just a terrible final tribal council.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The entire season was a big hugbox.

Yeah to the point where I was hooting and hollering at the next season preview at the guy who said "I'm not a bully but...." because we need a proper rear end in a top hat back in this show.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maryanne definitely won well over Mike, the latter had just a terrible final tribal council.

Yeah 100%, I thought she was kind of annoying but she played well and did a good job describing her Idol play at the council and I think that coupled with Mike poorly answering the question "why are you allowed to lie to people but you fly off the handle when people lie to you in this game about lying" cooked him. 100% deserved, and I don't even remember who the third person was. Romeo?

Last season I barely remember, but I think Karla poisoned the well for Cassidy after she got eliminated? I don't even remember who the third person was lol.

Yam Yam certainly argued his case better and I think him winning absolutely makes sense, but I think if Carolyn advocated for herself like Maryanne did she could have swung it.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 25, 2023

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thinking about how Carson had to stop Yam Yam multiple times from trying to vote out Carolyn for being a threat. Yam got 7 votes and Carolyn got 0.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Glad Yam Yam won.
Sad Carolyn got shut out
Sad the other woman? Got votes
Glad Carson couldn’t 3d print a fire

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Probably takes the sting out of it knowing nobody in the history of survivor fire-making challenges could’ve beaten her

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm shocked that Carolyn didn't get a single vote, however I felt like the theme of the season was that Carolyn was incredibly perceptive, just nobody gave her a chance. I feel like that carried over into FTC as well.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Good news is Carolyn got the Sia money, along with Carson and Lauren

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status...iogkptMeHz2CEhU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Nihonniboku posted:

Hell yea Carolyn

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Endless Trash posted:

Probably takes the sting out of it knowing nobody in the history of survivor fire-making challenges could’ve beaten her

Heidi smashing the hourglass and going back in time to beat Chris Underwood.

Also the scariest thing about that tweet is finally seeing Sia's face.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The video is so sweet (it happened on Rob’s podcast)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTREtgAph/

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rob there grinning ear to ear, Sia talking about how great Carolyn is while Carolyn is completely losing her poo poo.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Nihonniboku posted:

The only thing she's good for
(gently caress Sia)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Aggressively skimmed through the finale. Might be done with Survivor for a while

The casting has been solid but 30 minutes of camp life isn't gonna fix the dumb game stuff that's very stale and boring. Fire is oddly compelling TV but its (forced) place in the game is awful.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I really liked this season, some great personalities. No Machiavellis or Sun Tzus in this crowd, but they had fun. Yam Yam is a great winner, and I would have been perfectly happy with a Carolyn or Carson win too. For how riddled with advantage bullshit the first half was, post-merge was relatively clean and better for it. I love that Jeff had to blast Jamie's fake idol at the end. And I'm glad that day 1 head bonk guy is back for 45, keep your head down this time buddy.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Might be done with Survivor for a while

I had to stop watching Big Brother after undeserving players kept winning. Gabler last year was in that category for me and when Heidi got the first vote I was outraged. A player who most viewers didn't even know was on the show until merge getting votes? Meh.

Glad Yam Yam got the win but sad Carolyn got nothing (other than Sia's $100K)

I really wish CBS would post these on Paramount+ earlier. HBO shows are on MAX shortly after they start airing on the east coast - why do I have to wait 30-45 minutes after the show airs before I can start streaming it? With a three hour finale that just guarantees that I won't watch it until the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Aerox posted:

The video is so sweet (it happened on Rob’s podcast)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTREtgAph/
Rob apparently had no idea this was going to happen either. i feel like Sia just woke up, called CBS, and said "Hey can I give Carolyn $100,000 right now" and they're like "sure, she's talking to Rob atm, we'll drop you into their Zoom room"