Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

BaronVonVaderham posted:

My rear end he has a modafinil prescription. That poo poo is nigh impossible to get a doctor to prescribe or, worse, an insurance company to approve. I have a condition it's used to treat and can't clear both of those hurdles simultaneously and just gave up and get it from other sources :ninja:

That is absolutely jacking up his heart rate, but I'd wager good money he's full of poo poo that it's legitimately prescribed. Going cold turkey on that and caffeine is also insanely ill-advised...I know when I did that once I wanted to die and I was just sitting around my apartment, not attempting to go from sea level to a place humans should not be.
Far be it from me to defend loving Ice Poseidon of all people, but I did get a doctor to prescribe Modafinil pretty easily and had no problems with insurance. (I have sleep issues+ADHD, unfortunately Modafinil helped but stopped working after a week and never worked again, cool.)

But I live in the very liberal land of California. It is a bit harder to imagine when he lives in the hellhole of Florida, but some doctors there are pretty lovely and lazy, so who knows? He's also got a ton of money so insurance coverage probably doesn't matter to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

he seems like he kind of streamer who would lie / embellish stuff to get views such as continuing to name his stream 'climbing mt Everest' when hes not on the mountain and not going to climb it

however full length videos of the trek are hard so it's interesting to see the region

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Dude is gonna live stream passing out and making GBS threads his pants while his Sherpa silently looks on in disapproval.

How the hell do you hold onto a poo poo for days? I can barely hold on for a few hours once things have been set in motion.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
in my experience after a couple days it stops being an issue until it becomes a medical issue and you're just like 'hm this is weird I should be pooping but I'm not'

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Costco Meatballs posted:

in my experience after a couple days it stops being an issue until it becomes a medical issue and you're just like 'hm this is weird I should be pooping but I'm not'

once i hadn’t poo poo for like six days and it got to where i was like “alright chief if you don’t poo poo in 48 hours you gotta go to the doctor” but then the next day i had three wnormous but not uncomfortable shits within six hours and everything was fine but i wasn’t on Everest so idk

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
anyway imagine dying on everest but it was because you refused to poop lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Germans refuse to poop in foreign countries because there’s no shelf in the toilet to enable inspection of their logs.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Tiny Myers posted:

Far be it from me to defend loving Ice Poseidon of all people, but I did get a doctor to prescribe Modafinil pretty easily and had no problems with insurance. (I have sleep issues+ADHD, unfortunately Modafinil helped but stopped working after a week and never worked again, cool.)

But I live in the very liberal land of California. It is a bit harder to imagine when he lives in the hellhole of Florida, but some doctors there are pretty lovely and lazy, so who knows? He's also got a ton of money so insurance coverage probably doesn't matter to him.

Florida was the pill mill capitol of the United States during the height of the prescription phase of the opioid crisis. Even after all the DEA crackdowns it's still easier to get a prescription there than almost anywhere else in the country.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
But he was at that nice five star hotel the other day where he had a private toilet, I don't get his issue

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I had an appendectomy two weeks ago and didn't poo poo for three days, but that was also because I had barely eaten for two of those days and the oxy they gave me for pain management.

(Also apparently in the US you get oxy prescribed in the tens of mg dosage? I got 4mg pills and they worked just fine lmao, I took 2 once on the first day after surgery because the pain was pretty vad and promptly fell asleep and after that 4mg every 6 hours or so was fine until after like 3 days paracetamol did the trick.)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just skipped through his latest archived stream again, and he has bought a single toilet roll, as he can't use toilet roll or soap that anyone else has touched, so he's making preparations.

"400? That's a good deal"

400 rupees is $4.80/£3.90. I like how tourists are taxed by the natives.
:allears:

He ended up here, and there's a sign that says the base camp is 12 hours hiking for healthy people. It'll probably take IcePiss a few days

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 26, 2023

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

fuctifino posted:

$4.80/£3.90

Completely off-topic, but it's wild how badly the UK has hosed their economy. During my formative years I always remember how a pound was almost-not-quite worth $2.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

LanceHunter posted:

Florida was the pill mill capitol of the United States during the height of the prescription phase of the opioid crisis. Even after all the DEA crackdowns it's still easier to get a prescription there than almost anywhere else in the country.

To be fair, your experience in Florida will depend on how old you are, too. They are a lot...freer...with the fun stuff once you're over 60.

Every time Deepak literally tucks him into bed he waits for Deepak to leave the room then jumps out and does stupid poo poo. Do they allow todddlers on the mountain?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Chief McHeath posted:

anyway imagine dying on everest but it was because you refused to poop lmao

died how he lived

full of poo poo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

How many calories should he be consuming each day at this altitude and doing this hike?

How can he possibly think he can hold his movement for so long?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I think yesterday he had an olive pizza, two bananas and a handful of almonds

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AceClown posted:

I think yesterday he had an olive pizza, two bananas and a handful of almonds

The night before that he had a pizza, a plate of something else, and at least three hard boiled eggs.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This guy has succeeded in making me aware of his bowel movements, so he's good at the influencer thing I guess :/

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

fuctifino posted:

"400? That's a good deal"

400 rupees is $4.80/£3.90. I like how tourists are fleeced by the natives.
:allears:]

i would hazard a guess that he's well into "i make inordinate amounts of entertainer money" territory

even without that it's hard to care about getting fleeced in a lot of the world as an american. ain't worth haggling over the cost of a domestic subway ride when your flight in and guide cost 500x as much each

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Tiny Myers posted:

Fair. I'm in Florida. I've only found one doctor willing to prescribe it years ago, and when he did insurance said it's not covered until I use up my entire deductible so it was $500 out of pocket for a 30 day supply. My current doctor would if I go for another sleep study, but since the last two I did were inconclusive (I just can't sleep on my back, let alone in a strange place covered in sensors) that's just going to be a waste of time and money.

There was evidently a big to-do about it being over-prescribed off-label a while back so now she won't prescribe it without an overabundance of caution to cover her rear end. My doctor up in Michigan was the same way, it's infuriating but I don't blame the doctors; just a side effect of our "war on drugs" policies. Eventually I just ran out of the energy to fight it and found alternative means.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

dr_rat posted:

I feel like if your that paranoid about insects perhaps going on hikes isn't for you.

lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

i would hazard a guess that he's well into "i make inordinate amounts of entertainer money" territory

even without that it's hard to care about getting fleeced in a lot of the world as an american. ain't worth haggling over the cost of a domestic subway ride when your flight in and guide cost 500x as much each

There was that lady a few years ago who got chased for a while because she refused to pay for a tea she bought because it was like six dollars and she expected everything to be really cheap. These people don't have money, just pay the western tourist tax and move on with your life.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Holy smokes, I've been seeing the post count in this thread rise rapidly, but I thought it was news about summits and whatnot. In the decade or whatever I've been reading Everest threads, I never expected to read a GDT of a stupid streamer :lmao:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

Judging by Kick's subscription prices and the ratio of what goes to the streamer (which is almost all of it, surprisingly - Twitch takes between 30-50% for comparison), I think he needs to convince about 235 people to either sub or continue their sub each month in order to make the average US minimum monthly wage.

That's completely excluding ads, sponsorship deals and people donating to hear him say their name or call him a dumbass too.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I have no idea if its remotely accurate but his wikipedia claimed at one point he was clearing 60k a month in sponsorships, which is fuckin insane. He's literally the first streamer/influencer person I've ever paid even the slightest attention to so I have no idea how believable that is.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I think if my job was having to spend multiple hours a day improvising to a bunch of names on a screen with no audible feedback on if I was being funny or not, I'd probably want to run up the nearest tallest mountain too eventually.

I wonder what kind of infrastructure it would take for someone to successfully livestream a summit bid, assuming perfect conditions?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It doesn't seem the two recently missing climbers are coming back down. Counting them, 2023 is tied for 3rd deadliest year on Everest at 13

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

did he eat a handful of raisins and abandon his push cart in a local park yet

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Beastie posted:

How many calories should he be consuming each day at this altitude and doing this hike?

How can he possibly think he can hold his movement for so long?

Metabolic rate is about 25% higher at that altitude so caloric needs will rise appropriately. That, combined with the constant exercise, usually results in a lot of weight loss for trekkers. You can totally do it on reserves, even if you're skinny. You'd need to be actively starving for 2 weeks in the Himalayas to be dangerous because of it.

I'm more interested by his lack of shits. Pretty much anything up there is going to gently caress with you, even the pizza.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I want to see him poo poo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I want to see him poo poo.

Oh one day you will, one day -when you least suspect it- you will.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tiny Myers posted:

Florida seems like the kind of place with fentanyl vending machines

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

They found one of the missing climbers alive. A no o2’r. Unfortunately the climber is described as frostbiten and only partially responsive. Below the Hillary step. The team that found him did nit have the ability to bring him down. A team of sherpas headed up to attempt to save him but it’s already been hours since that update

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

ethanol posted:

They found one of the missing climbers alive. A no o2’r. Unfortunately the climber is described as frostbiten and only partially responsive. Below the Hillary step. The team that found him did nit have the ability to bring him down. A team of sherpas headed up to attempt to save him but it’s already been hours since that update

I hope he survives, it's a horrible way to die

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
F

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Icepiss is currently suffering from extreme headaches due to altitude sickness, and is currently sleeping it off. I caught a few snippets from earlier, and it appears as though he expected there to be cashpoints on Everest, and might be completely out of cash after tonight.

I can't listen to more than a few minutes of him, so there's probably a poo poo load of comedy nuggets in today's VOD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbo7JmYeLc

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
he poop yet or

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chief McHeath posted:

he poop yet or

I'm waiting for enough people to listen to enough snippets to confirm.

e: I did click to the beginning of today's stream, and he's was already having heavy nosebleeds before today's trek. This was from just one blow of each nostril.

He's coughing a lot too

quote:

"Oooh, I'm a little dizzy. We've got to go."

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 26, 2023

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
gently caress I hope the climber they found makes it

ice p is still laying in bed, joel brought him some cheese balls and pringles and deepak came in and gave him a head massage. chat was saying that the sherpa checked his blood oxygen and it’s at 73 :ohdear:

e: sherpa asked ice to rate how he feels out of 10 and he said 5, which seems high considering he’s been stuck in bed all day.

HAM ON THE BONE fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

e: sherpa asked ice to rate how he feels out of 10 and he said 5, which seems high considering he’s been stuck in bed all day.

You've overestimated his numerical literacy.