Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I just randomly scrubbed through the vid and he's lying down in a lodge and the sherpa says his condition is "Not too bad, not too good. It's normal, ha ha." And then leaves the room like he can't get out fast enough, and Ice says in a perfect, "What?" like he is so lost. But then he talks about the medicines he plans to take like that's all is required.

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My wife had debilitating headaches from altitude sickness when we were in Peru and it sucks rear end. She never truly recovered until we were back down to sea level. Dude is in for a rotten time. His headache might subside a little with sleep but the instant he exerts himself it will come back with a vengeance. Probably isn’t hydrating either lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Here's the timestamp where he has his oxygen read, and the sherpa said 73%, then said 71% with a HR of 96% when Icepiss was sat on his hotel bed. He's planning on being woken up at 5am to make the final trek to base camp and then be helicoptered out of there.

I don't think he has the money to have a rest day, as the last of his physical cash went on this hotel room and food for the night.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 26, 2023

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

fuctifino posted:

Here's the timestamp where he has his oxygen read, and the sherpa said 73%, then said 71% with a HR of 96% when Icepiss was sat on his hotel bed. He's planning on being woken up at 5am to make the final trek to base camp and then be helicoptered out of there.

I don't think he has the money to have a rest day, as the last of his cash went on this hotel room and food for the night.

How is he planning to pay for the helicopter?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

wheatpuppy posted:

I guess that's already paid for. He was expecting there to be cashpoint machines all the way to base camp to pay for day to day expenses.

A bit later in the stream he's looking very ill and being very demanding of his Sherpa slave - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbo7JmYeLc&t=32111s

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

fuctifino posted:

I don't think he has the money to have a rest day, as the last of his physical cash went on this hotel room and food for the night.

Really, would be funny if he didn't have enough cash to take a heli back and had to walk down, don't think they'll let him starve but he'd be slumming it the whole way down

Didn't watch the stream today and hardly at all yesterday because they couldn't stream during the hikes which I find most interesting.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 26, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Kamrat posted:

Didn't watch the stream today and hardly at all yesterday because they couldn't stream during the hikes which I find most interesting.

I guess they've run out of 3g credit? They seem to be streaming off of hotel and cafe wifi now.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

fuctifino posted:

I guess they've run out of 3g credit? They seem to be streaming off of hotel and cafe wifi now.

Yeah, if I understand it correctly it's too expensive to stream the whole way since they would need to keep buying everest link credits. 30gb per card seems like a lot but not if you're streaming 24/7

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

wheatpuppy posted:

The heli pilot has one of those little card readers to charge a debit or credit card with their cell phone

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There is surely a way to get cash or like SMS-based equivalent in these villages that this doofus just didn't look up before going. The MO for the hike up to base camp is surely not "bring tons of cash with you".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In this timestamp, the Sherpa talks about the helicopter ride, and seems to be expecting IceP to walk or be carried by horse back to the village they just passed. because it has a helipad AND a hospital

IceP says "No way"... he hasn't come all this way to not get to base camp.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 26, 2023

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

fuctifino posted:

In this timestamp, the Sherpa talks about the helicopter ride, and seems to be expecting IceP to walk or be carried by horse back to the village they just passed. because it has a helipad AND a hospital

IceP says "No way"... he hasn't come all this way to not get to base camp.

He's such a dumbfuck

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Raise your hand if you think he only payed for his own seat on that autogyro right?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Quixotic1 posted:

Raise your hand if you think he only payed for his own seat on that autogyro right?

He knows deepak has no money and that he has to pay for a lot of his poo poo because of this, if he fucks him over he's an rear end in a top hat... but I guess that's on brand so who knows.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

fuctifino posted:

Icepiss is currently suffering from extreme headaches due to altitude sickness, and is currently sleeping it off.

fuctifino posted:

he's was already having heavy nosebleeds before today's trek. This was from just one blow of each nostril.

He's coughing a lot too

Okay all jokes aside, this isn't altitude sickness, it's progressed to Acute Mountain Sickness. Dude needs to loving descend and go to a hospital. Now.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Zefiel posted:

The heli pilot has one of those little card readers to charge a debit or credit card with their cell phone

Nah they take you down to Lukla and process payment at Hillary-Tenzig airport.

fuctifino posted:

I guess that's already paid for. He was expecting there to be cashpoint machines all the way to base camp to pay for day to day expenses.

Highest ATM is in Namche.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Yeah, that's what everyone is telling him but he refuses to see facts, everyone is talking about taking a heli down or going to an emergency station where they have doctors but he's saying that he wants to keep on going like a dumb idiot.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there's a helicopter scheduled to bring down the missing climbers if found, maybe ice can hop in with them. meanwhile explain to them he 'just wanted to see base camp'.

im sure the base camp people would love a self obsessed and altitude sick streamer showing up right now with all the chaos that's happening this week

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kamrat posted:

He knows deepak has no money and that he has to pay for a lot of his poo poo because of this, if he fucks him over he's an rear end in a top hat... but I guess that's on brand so who knows.

Deepak GoFundMe when?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fuctifino posted:

This was from just one blow of each nostril.

That’s nothing as far as nosebleeds go.

If it’s ongoing it will cause him problems though.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

That’s nothing as far as nosebleeds go.

If it’s ongoing it will cause him problems though.

That’s probably not blood and probably isn’t from a nosebleed

HAPE is real and strong and nobody’s friend

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

nosebleeds are a common symptom of the least serious form of altitude sickness. It doesn't mean you have HACE/HAPE

Edit:
Crack team is still climbing to rescue the guy below the step. Through the night apparently?
Source:
https://explorersweb.com/everest-rescuers-hurry-suhajda-szilard/

Interest quote in it from a Sherpa

“This was not the year to try Everest without oxygen,” said Mingma G. “It was extremely cold. You can’t even imagine how many clients and sherpas have suffered from frostbite this season, and there were too many rescues.”

ethanol fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 26, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Imagine getting base camp fever and then dying because you refuse to turn back on your quest to reach base camp.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

nosebleeds are a common symptom of the least serious form of altitude sickness. It doesn't mean you have HACE/HAPE

Edit:
Crack team is still climbing to rescue the guy below the step. Through the night apparently?
Source:
https://explorersweb.com/everest-rescuers-hurry-suhajda-szilard/

Interest quote in it from a Sherpa

“This was not the year to try Everest without oxygen,” said Mingma G. “It was extremely cold. You can’t even imagine how many clients and sherpas have suffered from frostbite this season, and there were too many rescues.”

That guy's up by the Hillary Step? Very near the summit. This is an unprecedented rescue attempt? You always hear above 8,000 meters people have to be left because the rescuers would die in the attempt.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

That guy's up by the Hillary Step? Very near the summit. This is an unprecedented rescue attempt? You always hear above 8,000 meters people have to be left because the rescuers would die in the attempt.

They flew them up to camp 2 from base camp and started from there apparently. These guys were already rescuing people last week. Seems they want a challenge? I dunno. It's definitely risky

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Question, are the helicopter rescue pilots natives to the high altitudes and/or they always wearing oxygen masks?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Quixotic1 posted:

Question, are the helicopter rescue pilots natives to the high altitudes and/or they always wearing oxygen masks?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WXNXSvnCtKA

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ice assuming there'd be atms all the way up the mountain and running out of cash is a very good representation of his whole trip, lol.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would simply take the elevator to the summit.

e: Oh yeah and I’d bribe the groundskeeper to turn off the snow makers.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

rotinaj posted:

That’s probably not blood and probably isn’t from a nosebleed

HAPE is real and strong and nobody’s friend

HACE is the ultimate conclusion of the Altitude sickness -> Acute mountain sickness response. HAPE is a different but related physiological progression. This is the former.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Quixotic1 posted:

Nepalese law requires helicopter pilots to use supplemental oxygen at altitudes over 10,000 feet because they are not pressurized. Hypoxia can develop in less than a minute, and if that happens to a pilot it guarantees a crash.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Icepiss is awake and on cam, and just stated he's on 69% oxygen. It's snowing outside, and he still thinks he's going to be hiking to base camp, mentioning "It's just a 6 hour hike".... :allears: ... and "It's only an issue of the oxygen drops below 65%"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQRhGg8nKak

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 27, 2023

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm not saying he isn't struggling but he is a known grifter. Like how much is he just haming it up?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Confusedslight posted:

I'm not saying he isn't struggling but he is a known grifter. Like how much is he just haming it up?

I saw one of the readings on the blood oxygen monitor on cam in the last stream, and it was as the guide said it was. If anything, he's trying to downplay it as he's ignoring some very strong hints from Deepak and others.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Was he really banned from twitch over being swatted on a plane? I think it's weird that they would ban you for something somebody did to you, or maybe they blamed him for streaming on a plane that invited such an easy target.

I remember when he was still on twitch, he just walked around and talked to people and was an idiot, so nothing has changed

Edit: yeah, his ban was because he was an idiot and openly broadcast all of the information about his flight details making it super easy for him to get swatted at a loving airport

And it was not his first time being swatted, so he definitely should have known to be more cautious by then

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 27, 2023

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Nose bleeds are normal, especially if the air is dry. Your nose is sensitive. When the seasons change here and the heat goes on, the dry heat will give you nosebleeds , you just don’t always notice unless you blow your nose. This is at sea level.

Edit: ice piss better not gently caress over Deepak.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Looks like they’re staying put for a day or 2 due to bad weather. IceP’s plan is to gamble on Stake all day

e: apparently the hotel owner is gonna loan icep his laptop to gamble? lol

HAM ON THE BONE fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 27, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ethanol posted:

True. Nosebleeds can also a symptom of breathing air dryer than you are used to. I used to live in the Rockies at 1,120 m and had way more nosebleeds there than when living in high humidity at sea level.

There's a lot of stuff on everest that stresses your body in weird ways without being HACE/HAPE.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They might not have enough money for food during their confinement to the hotel room, so this could be like a high altitude version of the hunger games

Icepiss is eating pringles in front of the others, saying that HE has enough money for two meals, and laughing.

Deepak is saying "We are all scared"

Icepiss is just laughing and eating pringles.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Just flew into Denver from Florida. The difference is noticeable. Am I to report my shits in this thread?