Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

it may be because my information is sadly public record, but is anyone else getting shitload of desperate spam texts n calls about WELLS FARGO ACCOUNT *23932432* LOCKED LOGIN NOW / UR PACKAGE LOST PAY $19.99 BTC TO 32093423 TO RECOVER PACKAGE constantly? desperate times for scamming i guess

I get plenty of spam but no btc poo poo yet thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
it's happening again
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_winter

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Elaborate please? It doesn't seem to mention businesses dropping open ai yet. I'm sure they will, I just assumed there was some predictive info. Sorry if I just misinterpreted this as a reminder that they've done this multiple times.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Xaris posted:

it may be because my information is sadly public record, but is anyone else getting shitload of desperate spam texts n calls about WELLS FARGO ACCOUNT *23932432* LOCKED LOGIN NOW / UR PACKAGE LOST PAY $19.99 BTC TO 32093423 TO RECOVER PACKAGE constantly? desperate times for scamming i guess

I got a call the other day-- I was waiting on a legitimate callback, so I actually picked up on a number I didn't recognize and it was a heavily accented customer service rep from Amazon telling me there was a problem with the order that had just been placed for an Apple laptop and iPhone and the moment he heard the tone of my voice was less "OH NOES MY IDENTITY HAS BEEN STOLEN" and more "oh goody let's see how many hoops I can make this fuckwit jump through" he hung up on me. I was a little offended, but I got to respect the efficiency of bailing the moment he realized he didn't have a meemaw on the line.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

real estate agents bubble is popping! :toot:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it’s crazy that single individuals have more money than the failure of the US gov’t

going to make sure to vote extra hard next time

they do not. net worth includes assets and stuff nobody has billions in cash. "richest man" #s are extremely bullshit

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

It's been pointed out before that AI doesn't actually understand the things it's saying and is pure pattern recognition on a grand scale, which is enough to fool rubes but breaks down the second any scrutiny has to be applied.

I asked it to write a response and here's what it has to say to you. I actually said please be brief. I have never seen it write so poorly

chatgpt 3.5 posted:

Hey fellow Something Awful forum dwellers! Today, I want to shed some light on the not-so-stealthy presence of ChatGPT in our online interactions. Don't you just love unraveling the AI's peculiarities? Let's dive right in and discuss one glaring example that exposes ChatGPT's handiwork.

Recently, I stumbled upon a discussion about our favorite childhood cartoons. As we nostalgically waxed poetic about the classics, someone mentioned the beloved show "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." Ah, the memories! But lo and behold, lurking within the thread was a post that seemed slightly askew, unmistakably bearing the hallmarks of ChatGPT's distinctive quirks.

In this particular response, the author shared their love for the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turkeys" instead. Yes, you read that right—turkeys! Apparently, according to ChatGPT, these crime-fighting fowls roamed the sewers, honed their martial arts skills, and battled the evil Shredder with feathered finesse. Well, now I can't help but picture Donatello with a beak and Raphael sporting a gobble-gobble attitude!

It's instances like these that make spotting ChatGPT's handiwork a game in itself. Whether it's a hilarious mix-up like "Ninja Turkeys" or an unexpected segue into penguin fashion, AI-generated content never fails to surprise us with its distinctive and sometimes offbeat sense of humor.

So, dear Something Awful comrades, keep your eyes peeled for these undeniable giveaways. And remember, as we unravel the mysteries of AI-generated content, let's share a laugh and enjoy the unique humor it brings to our online interactions.

Keep hunting for those AI artifacts and keep the laughter flowing!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
banger thread title

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Antonymous posted:

they do not. net worth includes assets and stuff nobody has billions in cash. "richest man" #s are extremely bullshit

Having lots of valuable assets that you can leverage or sell for cash doesn’t mean you’re not rich. Quite the opposite, in fact

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Altman's tantrum in the face of the EU, the advancing lawsuits and the ever escalating costs of training, plus the advancement of antingestion tech suggest this bubble will die as soon as the law happens.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Who is Al Winter?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Who is Al Winter?

Al Winter Toyota in Muskegon, MI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

anime was right posted:

lol this seems like a great way to get a triple strike between writers directors and actors

It's happening

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1662220813892980737

Also it's literally never happened before in Hollywood history that they've all struck at the same time, in case you wanna know how bad Zaslav and Netflix hosed up

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

i am harry posted:

if you’re a regular poster in cspam and you’re not shoplifting something as a matter of course you need to lurk more.

or gently caress off to yospos where you belong

Ok but don't forget to keep track of how much you shoplift and report it as 'other income' on your Schedule 1.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

It's happening

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1662220813892980737

Also it's literally never happened before in Hollywood history that they've all struck at the same time, in case you wanna know how bad Zaslav and Netflix hosed up

How are the Hollywood corporations going to handle all three unions on strike? Just start wholesale importing AV content from foreign producers to try and break the unions? Memory Holing more and more content to generate paper losses to offset no new production, even if that is a super short term solution?

I am just guessing that a reasonable (for the workers) contract is not really on the table at all.

I really hope the Hollywood unions get the concessions they want, and in a timely manner. Just trying to see how the corporations might respond.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Orvin posted:

How are the Hollywood corporations going to handle all three unions on strike? Just start wholesale importing AV content from foreign producers to try and break the unions? Memory Holing more and more content to generate paper losses to offset no new production, even if that is a super short term solution?

I am just guessing that a reasonable (for the workers) contract is not really on the table at all.

I really hope the Hollywood unions get the concessions they want, and in a timely manner. Just trying to see how the corporations might respond.

fully AI generated marvel movies

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Orvin posted:

You can and networks do make reality TV without any of the unions. The new head of HBO hates scripted TV and just wants it to all go away to make more MILF Manor and Fuckboy Island.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orvin posted:

How are the Hollywood corporations going to handle all three unions on strike?

Obama

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hollywood has no trouble using foreign cgi studios and shooting in cheap locations to save money. they're gonna bust this union so fast.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
animation too. Outsourcing as much as possible to the cheapest and most exploitable overseas artists possible is why we have Stewie Griffith politics though, so whose to say if it's all bad.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

he still trained the ai which he believed has the intelligence of a child to draw lewd images so perma him regardless imo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think they'll be more cynical about it and start licensing more independent stuff and brand is as giving young creators more opportunities or some dumb poo poo like that. Also so many more foreign properties.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

blatman posted:

fully AI generated marvel movies

i remember being told how the second part of the marvel endgame (?) has in-depth character scenes about dealing with loss and talking about the failure to save their friends, with half of the characters actually dead, and i was genuinely interested with such a premise but then i saw it and oops time travel just kidding back to normal marvel slop

so yeah, marvel movies to infinity

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/lines_down/status/1662471547586744321

*Sniff* it couldn't last forever.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Haven’t seen bacon prices drop yet

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Where's the McRib line?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

yup

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

so what kinda lab do we need to cook this ozempic poo poo?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

chairface posted:

so what kinda lab do we need to cook this ozempic poo poo?

Breaking Fat where they cook bootleg ozempic. Mariachi song cold opening where they sing about a gringo disrupting the lifestyle health pharmacists and that homie don't know he's dead yet

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Antonymous posted:

whoa lmao thread title

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

economy dead yet?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

Breaking Fat where they cook bootleg ozempic

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

economy dead yet?

June 5 circled on the calendar

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

June 5 circled on the calendar

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Twerk from Home posted:

It is just weird as hell that your employer hates healthcare decisions.

eating fewer calories is not an medication issue, 0 ppl should be taking it solely for weight loss

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Justin Tyme posted:

Breaking Fat where they cook bootleg ozempic. Mariachi song cold opening where they sing about a gringo disrupting the lifestyle health pharmacists and that homie don't know he's dead yet

I'll sign on for 5 seasons but only if that theme song is by los tigres del norte

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

nobody has billions of cash they have stuff that's better than billions of cash

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Lean Hog Futures

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

You can and networks do make reality TV without any of the unions. The new head of HBO hates scripted TV and just wants it to all go away to make more MILF Manor and Fuckboy Island.

That’s what I figured and was afraid of. I just wasn’t sure if the other unions striking was going to affect even reality TV, or make the production companies double down on reality TV.

It will also be great to see streaming subscriptions fall off even faster as no new scripted content is lined up. And watch the various executives cut things to the bone and raise rates to attempt to keep the gravy train going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You will definitely see foreign content acquisition ramp up to cover the gap, or maybe they'll just adjust the algo to make that material more prominent and look "new". IATSE shoulda gone on strike a year or so ago too, entertainment production conditions are totally abysmal. Membership voted down the contract but their union uses a electoral college voting system so it ratified with minority approval. Dumb