Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I hope this is real lol and also is the ukmt podcast

https://twitter.com/janhopi/status/1661262280447729664?t=2cUBwBopu59h18lgpqVjjQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
can't believe they got corbyn on the podcast, very cool

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/GarethDennis/status/1661702555116658688?s=20

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

It's gone

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

namesake posted:

At least targeting postal voting is where fraud might actually exist lol

They may as well lock it all down now, not enough people have given a toss about the current laws and those hurt the Tories more than anyone so go and even out the pain. If a party ever set on doing away with it gets into power they'll probably junk the whole lot and if not then it's just another step in our countries long road of ending our democracy.

democracy was always poo poo it's just you don't want the ultra-neolibs in power when it all collapses back into a dictatorship, and that's exactly what we've got so oh well we lose again

edit: oh my

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i got it from the internet archive.

quote:

This is such a wierd one, so I've used a throwaway account to keep things in secrecy - I don't really know what to do at all!I run a podcast that is minorly successful (5 figure listener count) and in a particular niche, and I managed to persuade a senior politician from one of the major UK political parties to be my guest for an episode, as I knew they were interested in this particular part of history.

They signed a release form (I use a standard one) that confirmed they gave permission to be recorded, they understand they would receive no compensation for participation, to use this recording without seeking further approval, that I own the recording and have the authority to edit as required, and that I can use this in the podcast and also in any other form of media (to cover social media clips and things).

Things went well, and we had gotten around about 30 minutes in, when they said something that you really could consider career ending. An analytical endorsement of a terrible 20th century war crime, giving pros and cons to see the point of view of the perpetrators, then when asked if they would do the same, confirming so and justifying it, then making a joke about wishing they could do it today to a particular minority community.

It took the wind out of the rest of the interview really and we finished up quite swiftly after that. I had NO idea what to do with this really, and chose to sit on it for a week or so. During that week, I received a letter from a Barrister, telling me that the guest had considered their appearance to be detrimental and decided to withdraw their consent for their contribution to be made public, and if I were to do so now they have made me aware of this, they would pursue me personally in a civil claim for breach of confidence.

I'm a bit terrified and incredibly confused, does the release form mean nothing now? Anyone have any advice?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i got it from the internet archive.

Rees Mogg showing admiration for the holocaust is where my money would go.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Twitter seems to have settled on a certain career military mp saying it about travellers

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gonadic io posted:

Twitter seems to have settled on a certain career military mp saying it about travellers

Who do you mean? These forums aint a British newspaper

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/janhopi/status/1661398957082259457?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
We'll see if it turns up in Private Eye I suppose

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

add it to the export pile with jellied eels, I guess

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
it's normal to put your rhubarb in a terracotta oubliette actually

amnesia: a machine for rhubarb

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

you can just do that in the garden by sticking a bucket over your rhuba…sorry your landlords garden and their rhubarb

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You mean in England you don''t just plant rhubarb once and then it comes back year after year until you and all of your descendants are dust and less than dust?

Sounds unnatural.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Zeroisanumber posted:

You mean in England you don''t just plant rhubarb once and then it comes back year after year until you and all of your descendants are dust and less than dust?

Sounds unnatural.

yes, but rhubarb is seasonal, and we want to eat that poo poo all year

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
forced rhubarb is when you compel everyone you know to plant splits of the one that has taken over your allotment

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Brexiteers: "Stop calling us fascists we are just concerned about migration"

Also Brexiteers: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65725902.amp

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dravs posted:

lol are you simple

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
england in rhuins

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah probably, I get brexiteers and Putin apologists mixed up cos their views often overlap

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dravs posted:

lmao how loving stupid can you be

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

tristeham posted:

lmao how loving stupid can you be

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
roger waters is an uspeakable moron, but we knew that before this dumb show

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nawilo_420 posted:

roger waters is an uspeakable moron, but we knew that before this dumb show
the two posts above yours weren't a challenge

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
roger waters is one of the cringiest boomers alive and if you think that he is anything but an overinflated simpleton you are either a boomer yourself or you are a true simpleton yourself. and this was already true before he said that ukraine is to blame for the invasion lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

R. Mute posted:

the two posts above yours weren't a challenge

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have defended roger

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

i have defended roger

thank you

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I enjoy Pink Floyd

1. Dark side of the moon
2. The wall
3. Doesn't matter you've already got those two

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

nawilo_420 posted:

roger waters is one of the cringiest boomers alive and if you think that he is anything but an overinflated simpleton you are either a boomer yourself or you are a true simpleton yourself. and this was already true before he said that ukraine is to blame for the invasion lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

if you don't want to be invaded then don't bombard ethnic Russians in the Donbas for 8 years

they're lucky the Russians are incompetent

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

roger walters has learned an important lesson, and that’s when the german authorities say you shouldn’t perform a show because you’re satirising the nazis, they really mean you shouldn’t perform a show because you’re satirising the nazis

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Regarde Aduck posted:

if you don't want to be invaded then don't bombard ethnic Russians in the Donbas for 8 years

they're lucky the Russians are incompetent

You've been eating too much plombis, Comrade

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if the other great powers recognize russian claims over the donbas, putin earns the tsar of all slavs achievement and gets a free change of government

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

i say swears online posted:

if the other great powers recognize russian claims over the donbas, putin earns the tsar of all slavs achievement and gets a free change of government

Still mad they took that out of Vicky 3.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

roger walters has learned an important lesson, and that’s when the german authorities say you shouldn’t perform a show because you’re satirising the nazis, they really mean you shouldn’t perform a show because you’re satirising the nazis

Satirizing them with the same act for almost half a century, at that - frequently in Germany. Strange that they'd start caring about it now.:thunk:

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
the rise of the professional Ukrainiac and general avalanche of weird cia flavoured concern trolling is war crimes imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shogi posted:

the rise of the professional Ukrainiac and general avalanche of weird cia flavoured concern trolling is war crimes imo

oliwan got probated at least so theres that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
started writing smth about violations of Swiss neutrality but I think I’m mixing him up with coohoolin. As you were