Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

good thing I haven't put in my bet yet... just laying down on nando lonso now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

How the gently caress can you impede somebody driving a car so much insanely slower? gently caress off FIA cunts.

also this

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alaois posted:

Esteban Ocon WILL win

ocon with provisional pole was an extremely WTF moment

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel so bad for Lando Norris this season. Every interview he's done he sounds chronically depressed and he keeps blaming himself for fuckups. I know he doesn't want to blame the team because goddamn that pit crew worked hard to fix the car in time for Qualifying but he's got to stop blaming himself when the car is so poo poo and he and the pit crew have to deal with it together.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

How the gently caress can you impede somebody driving a car so much insanely slower? gently caress off FIA cunts.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

I feel so bad for Lando Norris this season

I don't. He signed for Mclaren, what did he loving expect?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

tony quidtana posted:

I don't. He signed for Mclaren, what did he loving expect?

I'm hoping he expected the Lego sponsorship was just for model kits and not for actual car components.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Logan sargeant stinks out loud

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

his life story begins in Florida, there's not much you can say that's gonna really land

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc9j_UDExc0&t=210s

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

This is absolutely the best race weekend on the calendar for onboards, the closeness of the walls gives a perspective you simply don't get at any other circuit. I get that people hate the processional nature of the race itself, but tbh it's not that much worse than so many of the garbage tracks on the calendar on Sunday but does give you genuinely exciting free practice and qualifying sessions.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
And honestly, if you prefer 100 DRS artificial overtakes on a tilkedrome over a weekend at Monaco you should probably go and gently caress yourself to death with a McLaren shaped dildo, but given how slow that piece of poo poo is you'd die of old age first.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've said it before in this thread but I feel like criticism of Monaco was maybe valid 10-15 years ago but the sport has way worse problems now and has proven pretty consistently that you can make a street circuit way worse than Monaco.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the biggest issue with Monaco is the size of the modern cars which is true for literally every circuit on the calendar, Monaco isn't the problem fuckos

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

the biggest issue with Monaco is the size of the modern cars which is true for literally every circuit on the calendar, Monaco isn't the problem fuckos

I watched old races there from each decade and the complaint about the size of the track is pretty universal over the years, so you are at least partially wrong here

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Sunk Dunk posted:

He reminds me of every douchey business major frat dude I encountered in college

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Monaco hasn't been a great race for a while, but the onboards like today show how absolutely bonkers of a track it must be to actually drive.
70ish seconds to go around a citycenter in a boat sized rocket.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitter.com/dr_obbs/status/1662473151043731456?s=20

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lol thank you Checo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

Lol thank you Checo

Let’s start a rumor he crashed on purpose

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Red Bull is so far ahead because they cheated on the cost cap hth

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

Is it really a rumor? He knows his own team is sabotaging him, it's only natural to act out. Checo is justified imo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Mega catering budget. Feed your aerodynamics department cocaine sandwiches,

Sunk Dunk posted:

I watched old races there from each decade and the complaint about the size of the track is pretty universal over the years, so you are at least partially wrong here

The FE race was bonkers, You absolutely can have excellent racing around Monaco and F1 has had it before, these two meter wide wank boxes are completely inhibitive to good racing. Not just at Monaco, they're poo poo everywhere.

Ban downforce. Ban wings. F1 is a serious business, not a hotrod show.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

With the turbo going in the next engine regs and electric motors giving you easier packaging options it would be nice to try and get the cars a bit shorter

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Citation needed

Lol you guys are just the biggest cry babies on the internet. What was the final overspend by red bull? 1.8 million and they lose 10% of their already reduced CFD and wind tunnel time for it, which is not a good deal for red bull no matter how you slice it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lookie what the verstappo hopped in with

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Citation needed

Lol you guys are just the biggest cry babies on the internet. What was the final overspend by red bull? 1.8 million and they lose 10% of their already reduced CFD and wind tunnel time for it, which is not a good deal for red bull no matter how you slice it.

So what you're saying is that they cheated.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
If 1.8 million isn’t very much give it to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

marshalljim posted:

So what you're saying is that they cheated.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

dude the early 80s Monaco races owned gently caress right off

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m just telling you what the drivers and commentators were sayin

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was there any word on upgrades Aston Martin was bringing to Imola before it got canned?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’m just telling you what the drivers and commentators were sayin

You mean the commentators that are having several micro-strokes from screaming at the start? yeah great source

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Ants posted:

With the turbo going in the next engine regs and electric motors giving you easier packaging options it would be nice to try and get the cars a bit shorter
The plan is indeed shorter and somewhat less wide as well.

Sunk Dunk posted:

His application to return to Aston Martin Force India/Racing Point with his new Honda friends. :mexico:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Ethiser posted:

Adrian Newey belongs in The Hague.
I know I'm late on this one but I had to respond - Adrian is a talented engineer who is merely following orders, it is the masters he serves who are the criminals

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I know I'm late on this one but I had to respond - Adrian is a talented engineer who is merely following orders, it is the masters he serves who are the criminals

Sorry friend, when the Nurburgring Trials occur no one who is a part of Red Bull will be spared.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

phwoar massive overspeer

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

I feel so bad for Lando Norris this season. Every interview he's done he sounds chronically depressed and he keeps blaming himself for fuckups. I know he doesn't want to blame the team because goddamn that pit crew worked hard to fix the car in time for Qualifying but he's got to stop blaming himself when the car is so poo poo and he and the pit crew have to deal with it together.

He’s a dork.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I'm finally watching the post quali interviews and Max seems so much happier than usual... he know he has that championship locked down after Checo's accident lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Arc Hammer posted:

Probably because he had a Red Bull drive on the table at some point and turned it down to be #1 binman at a binman team